It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Totally Drug Resistant" Tuberculosis Strain Worries Indian Doctors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"Totally Drug Resistant" Tuberculosis Strain Worries Indian Doctors

www.cbsnews.com

Totally drug-resistant tuberculosis? That's what doctors are calling the long-feared and virtually untreatable form of the killer lung disease that's striking people in India.

"It is concerning," said Dr. Kenneth Castro, director of the CDC's Division of Tuberculosis Elimination. "Anytime we see something like this, we better get on top of it before it becomes a more widespread problem.

There's going to be more family contacts. It's going to spread for sure."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So on top of everything else going on in the world...

Now we have cases of "XDR" (Extrmely Drug Resistant) strains of TB being found in India, Italy, Iran, and Peru.

Granted, they are rare and isolated right now, but with today's global travel, who knows how fast it might spread eventually...

The article even states one child wasn't diagnosed until he made a trip to Florida and it was discovered later.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So let's try and see whether it's so resistant to natural remedies as it is to chemo. It's easy to blame the patient when offical medicine fails.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov
So let's try and see whether it's so resistant to natural remedies as it is to chemo. It's easy to blame the patient when offical medicine fails.

Natural remedies for the most part do not work at all. Modern medicine has doubled the average life span. It wins almost every time when pit against "Natural remedies".

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Britain has stopped giving TB vaccinations now, I don't have one. Hope they control this.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Natural remedies for the most part do not work at all. Modern medicine has doubled the average life span. It wins almost every time when pit against "Natural remedies".

You couldn't be more wrong.

Natural remedies are known to cure diseases while modern medicine is known to treat symptoms while it causes more symptoms.

I know diabetics that cured themselves by changing their diet and eliminating certain toxins. This included stop taking the meds.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by real_one

Do you have any proof of those claims?

just asking

link   

Originally posted by real_one

You couldn't be more wrong.

Natural remedies are known to cure diseases while modern medicine is known to treat symptoms while it causes more symptoms.

I know diabetics that cured themselves by changing their diet and eliminating certain toxins. This included stop taking the meds.

Wrong. You are wrong. And I know for a fact you have no actual scientific research to back up you claims

But, if you want to stay with natural remedies, be my guest. I plan on staying with whats been PROVEN to work. No reason to step back hundreds of years.

link   
dp
edit on 16-1-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Colloidal silver, delivered via an inhaler/nebulizer, would cure it. If it can cure MRSA, TB should be no big deal for it. I've personally seen it work, many times, when other things failed. I've even gotten rid of tonsillitis and a tooth abcess with it before. Costs me only about a dollar per gallon to make, too (for the distilled water; silver electrodes can produce, like, thousands of gallons for about ten bucks). I wonder where this sudden push against treatments that don't cost hundreds of dollars per dose came from... hmmmm... I don't have to wonder where antibiotic-resistant diseases come from, though: from the use of antibiotics that don't kill every virion or bacterium. Anything that survives your antibiotics prescription becomes a Superbug. Only silver can kill them all, because it prevents them from "breathing." No superbug can survive without the ability to metabolize oxygen. C'mon; don't you trust me more than the FDA? They're the guys telling us Nutrasweet and "corn sugar" are just fine for human consumption, after all.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Natural remedies for the most part do not work at all.

They do, take the flu for example, a disease that to this day no medication can't cure or prevent but vitramin D can.

Modern medicine has doubled the average life span. It wins almost every time when pit against "Natural remedies".

I contebd that. Better working conditions, better nutrition and better hygene have extended our lifespan IN SPITE of chemical medicine.

Actually chemical medicine kills more people than disease. See this study:

Confidential Clinician-reported Surveillance of Adverse Events Among Medical Inpatients

Errors and mishaps pose a substantial risk to hospitalized patients. Iatrogenic injuries affect as many as 18% of patients admitted to hospitals in the United States, at a cost estimated to exceed $100 billion per year

edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

They do, take the flu for example, a disease that to this day no medication can't cure or prevent but vitramin D can.

See, you just collaborated my example. Vitamins are chemicals that cause certain chemical reactions. Medicines are chemicals that cause certain chemical reactions. They are essentially the same thing.

Better working conditions, better nutrition and better hygene have extended our lifespan IN SPITE of chemical medicine.

No, sorry. It is true that those things have helped, but modern medicine is by far the biggest part. You just hate "Big Pharma" so you have decided to lie and actively live in ignorance.

Actually chemical medicine kills more people than disease. See this study:

Everything is chemical so you make no sense. Even "Natural Remedies" have to be chemical for ANYTHING to happen.

Deny ignorance? Well, not so much.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I plan on staying with whats been PROVEN to work. No reason to step back hundreds of years.

Didn't you hear? Absolutely nothing has been PROVEN to work against this super-TB. So what will you "stay with" if you happen to catch it? Modern medicine has failed against it; only ancient medicine works. Will you keep refusing something that will cure you just because the government says not to take it? I can't imagine how many living people would be dead right now if they'd trusted the joke that is modern medicine. Stepping back, not hundreds, but thousands of years is indeed the answer. Why did ancients start making silverware out of silver? Think about it. It's too soft to use as cutlery, yet they used it anyway when bones or stones or wood or even brass are sturdier... because they knew about its antiseptic properties. As late as the 1800's, before refrigeration, people used to keep jugs of milk fresh for weeks by just dropping a silver dollar into it (back when a silver dollar was an actual disc of actual silver; don't try it these days). I've personally tested this myself, and it works; milk doesn't even require refrigeration with a little colloidal silver mixed into it (about a teaspoon per gallon). You feel free to try it, too, if your mind's open enough, but be sure you're using pure silver. Sterling doesn't work; it's tainted with copper. Tell us how it goes... but if you don't even attempt the test, stop trying to convince people that something doesn't work when it does. Please.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Absolutely nothing has been PROVEN to work against this super-TB.

Then "Natural remedies" don't work either. Sorry ill trust in science before I trust in a New Age whack job.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm not saying natural remedies don't have their place but its laughable to suggest remedies on this site that cure illnesses that no doctor or scientific process has thought of. That only members of ATS with certain archaic knowledge can cure sickness.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Then "Natural remedies" don't work either. Sorry ill trust in science before I trust in a New Age whack job.

Modern medical science and all of its allopathic claptrap is helpless against this new super-tuberculosis! So what do you do if you catch it? (A) try colloidal silver; (B) refuse to try colloidal silver. Those are the options. Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me you would NOT at least try silver, when every doctor's advice to you is "Make out your will"???
edit on 1/16/2012 by Thought Provoker because: Typing too fast. Must calm down.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I know that if I got really sick with something like TB, I would be trying anything and everything that was safe to use. I would try the C-silver for sure, as well as the Vitamin D, C, B, etc , and TB medications, antibiotics, and a necklace of garlic if I thought it would help.

It's only common sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'd be more than happy to utilize natural remedies over traditional treatments ounce I am provided with an independent peer-reviewed double-blinded placebo-controlled study demonstrating their effectiveness

edit on 16-1-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

As far as I know silver IS a natural antibiotic of some level of effectiveness. Isn't TB a bacterium? If so it is worth a shot, in my opinion.

On the other hand, if the use of colloidal silver against TB was proven to be effective and became widespread, there is always the chance of TB becoming resistant to it over time. It's evolution baby!
edit on 16-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

It's actually not possible for a bug to become resistant to silver, any more than it can make itself resistant to fire. Every living organism has to breathe; silver inhibits the enzyme that stand-alone microorganisms use to metabolyze oxygen. If it's exposed to it, it will suffocate; there is no way for it to build up an immunity. Unless it has itty-bitty SCUBA gear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join