It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Totally Drug Resistant" Tuberculosis Strain Worries Indian Doctors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think they need to take a preventative measure as well.

Quote:

Tuberculosis develops out of an enervated, toxemic and putrescence-infected body soil. Wrong food, overcrowding, foul air, lack of sunshine, and all enervating influences are basic causes of the trouble.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

There are currently considerable challenges with the treatment of infections caused by strains of clinically relevant bacteria that show multidrug-resistance (MDR), such as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and the recently emerged and extremely drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis XDR-TB. New antibacterials are therefore urgently needed, but only one new class of antibacterial has been introduced in the last 30 years.9 Despite the excellent antibacterial activity of many plant secondary metabolites10 and the ability of some of them to modify the resistance associated with MDR strains11 and efflux pumps,12 plants are still a substantially untapped source of antimicrobial agents. These considerations, as well as the observation that crossresistance to microbial and plant antibacterial agents is rare,10 make C. satiVa a potential source of compounds to address antibiotic resistance, one of the most urgent issues in antimicrobial therapy.

from
www.chanvre-info.ch...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

I had no idea what mechanism gave silver antibiotic properties, so I just speculated. I wonder how a silver spoon would enact that effect though?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Would you stir lemonade with a spoon made of lead? No? Why not? Because the lead would come off the spoon, atom by atom, and you'd end up drinking it. Silver is only different in that it's non-toxic... to us. But to any organism with only one cell in its body, it's certain doom. As you stir something with a silver spoon, you're killing everything that comes close to that silver. The longer you stir, the more sanitary your lemonade becomes. It isn't like fire, where you have to get it to a certain minimum temperature to kill things like salmonella; silver works at any temperature, in any concentration. The only bad side effect anyone has ever seen to overdosing on silver is a condition called "Argyria," whose only effect is to make your skin turn grey and dead-looking. You're just fine, but you might look dead. I think I'd rather look dead than be dead. But I digress.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... seems thats what happens to ya when you ingest too much so if looking like a smurf does not worry you then by all means guess one promenit politician from montana turned greayish blue during a campaign and it seemed to cost him but to be fair its not a life threating condition and they do say it provides a benefit in vivo (medically backed by studies) and that it has yet to be proven (conflicting studies)that it provides consistent help in vitro just dont end up drinking gallons of it like that guy from california

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Everything is chemical so you make no sense.

You don't understand the difference natural and artificial, it seems... or you hate Nature so much that want Big Pharma to be above it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Brasov

They do, take the flu for example, a disease that to this day no medication can't cure or prevent but vitramin D can.

See, you just collaborated my example. Vitamins are chemicals that cause certain chemical reactions.

Duh! the distincion we make in this thread is between chemicals originated in Nature (natural remedies - does it ring a bell?) and chemicals invented in the lab.

The first have been validated by natural selection, the second have known side-effects and the long-term effects are yet unknown... play with Big Pharma at your own risk!
edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

LOL, somebody with obviously no scientific understanding arguing against science, you'll fit in well around here.
Shall we strip back hundreds of years of scientific development and live off your assumptions?
And my betting is that your medicine cupboard is crammed with man made medicines with not so much as a cod liver oil capsule in sight.

Yeah Big Pharma are pretty evil when it comes to them making profit but if it came to me having a life threatening disease with only a man made cure then I would have nothing but praise for the researchers that developed it.

So disease is overcoming the barriers we set in place, that's evolution folks!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iam'___'
reply to post by Brasov

LOL, somebody with obviously no scientific understanding arguing against science, you'll fit in well around here.

Actuallz I'm a scientist and have read 1000's of clinical studies. I know first-hand how Big Pharma falsifies their data in order to fast-track approvals of their highly toxic products to the market.

Shall we strip back hundreds of years of scientific development and live off your assumptions?

No, only Big Pharma pseudo-scientifica assumptions such as the viral cause of AIDS and the use of cell poison as "treatment".

What a transparent red-herring of yours, proving Big Pharma remedies are scams doesn't invalidate Science at large.

And my betting is that your medicine cupboard is crammed with man made medicines with not so much as a cod liver oil capsule in sight.

Wrong again. It's packed with healthy, unprocessed nutrients.

But you may keep "buying health" from the snail oil pushers if it makes you feel like a "science man" without ever having attended one single class at the University.

Yeah Big Pharma are pretty evil when it comes to them making profit but if it came to me having a life threatening disease with only a man made cure then I would have nothing but praise for the researchers that developed it.

Big Pharma invents "life threatening diseases" such as AIDS, Swinde Flu, Hep. C, Cancer - most cancers disappear if left alone - and then sell you a painful death called chemotherapy that has scientifically be proven NOT to work.

I've already provided the PUBMED reference on the (lack of) efficacy of chemo. In plain English: chemo SCAM.

Read more PUBMED papers, the truth of what's being NOT achieved is in them!
edit on 17-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Big Pharma invents "life threatening diseases" such as AIDS, Swinde Flu, Hep. C, Cancer - most cancers disappear if left alone - and then sell you a painful death called chemotherapy that has scientifically be proven NOT to work.

Do you have any links to info that backs up this statement (the bold stuff about most cancers disappearing on their own)? I would love to hear about that. I don't doubt that there are pharmaceutical companies (or more accurately people working in these companies) that allow profit margins to interfere with the development of effective medicines for the good of humankind but to say that most cancers can be ignored is quite contentious.

BTW, I'm not having a go at you, I really would like some clarification and supporting documents on your above claim. It sounds like it deserves its own thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sombunall

Do you have any links to info that backs up this statement (the bold stuff about most cancers disappearing on their own)?

Certainly I do.

1. Untreated Prostate cancer:

High 10-year survival rate in patients with early, untreated prostatic cancer.- PubMed result

RESULTS: After complete follow-up, only 19 (8.5%) of the 223 patients had died of prostate cancer and 105 (85%) of a total of 124 deaths were from other causes. The 10-year, disease-specific survival rate was 86.8% (95% confidence interval, 80.7% to 92.9%) and was equally high (87.9%) in a subgroup of 58 patients who met current indications for radical prostatectomy.

So radical prostatectomy doesn't improve the odds of survival, but it is performed anyway to cash in.

2. Untreated Thyroid cancer:

Treated or untreated, common thyroid cancer unlikely to cause death - ONA

Patients with papillary thyroid cancer experience favorable outcomes regardless of receiving treatment or not, according to a study published in the Archives of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery (2010;136[5]:440-444). .

Thyroid cancer: treatment is useless but it is administered anyway to cash in.

3. Untreated Ovary cancer:

The Prognosis For Ovarian Cancer | LIVESTRONG.COM

Although the way in which a tumors "grade" is determined is somewhat subjective, cancer cells can generally be separated into low grade (cells that resemble normal cells) and high grade (cells that look very different than normal ovarian tissue). According to Johns Hopkins University Pathology Department, low-grade stage I tumors are often left untreated because of their extremely high survival rate.

Subjectively tumor grading has a high probability of of misdiagnosis, however, the "extremely high" survival rate means that the many high grade tumors misclassified as low grade don't affect the "extremely high" survival rate.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Brasov

post removed by staff

For some reason you feel the need to be impolite... is it your totally lack of any knowledge, neither of natural nor official medicine, that gives you that fuzzy feeling of inferiority?

Cell poison (chemo) is incompatible with life. Its middle-term use results in a funny side-effect: Death... or it is the main effect? It appears to be so.

Now you tell me which natural remedy is at a par with chemo regarding severity of "side effects" (main effects) or qualifies as cell poison and results in death in the short, middle or long term.

Go ahead phony know-it all! show us what you have or dissolve in a PUFF!

edit on Tue Jan 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here's an update on this issue:

online.wsj.com...

Dr Kumar says "Public concern about drug-resistant TB, he said, 'is not a well-founded fear.'" Strange for a doctor to say this when this disease spreads so fast and is now resistant. I'm sure they'll find an alternative treatment at some point, but it is still something to be concerned about.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyBatty
Here's an update on this issue:

online.wsj.com...

Dr Kumar says "Public concern about drug-resistant TB, he said, 'is not a well-founded fear.'" Strange for a doctor to say this when this disease spreads so fast and is now resistant. I'm sure they'll find an alternative treatment at some point, but it is still something to be concerned about.

What is concerning is they say there over 2 million yearly cases of XDR-TB which due to lack of proper processes is turning into un-treatable TB.

From the video, the one gentleman is worried it could lead to a massive outbreak. Where as the Official guy says it's completely unfounded.

I think I'd rather go with the little guy who says it's possible, then someone saying it's not, since anything is possible.

The things that make you go "hmmmm"..

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Erm, just read my first post. I aint offering nothing, nor claimed to have. No need to need rude now!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join