It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Just HOW LOW They Have to Go to...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
....find anything...and I mean ANYTHING bad on Ron Paul. Because it's damn hard.

www.thestate.com...

Paul fights Washington spending, flies first class

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has been spending large amounts on airfare as a congressman, flying first class on dozens of taxpayer-funded flights to his home state. The practice conflicts with the image that Paul portrays as the only presidential candidate serious about cutting federal spending.

Paul flew first class on at least 31 round-trip flights and 12 one-way flights since May 2009 when he was traveling between Washington and his district in Texas, according to a review by The Associated Press of his congressional office expenses. Four other round-trip tickets and two other one-way tickets purchased during the period were eligible for upgrades to first-class after they were bought, but those upgrades would not be documented in the expense records.

Paul, whose distrust of big government is the centerpiece of his presidential campaign, trusts the more expensive government rate for Continental Airlines when buying his tickets. Paul chose not to buy the cheaper economy tickets at a fraction of the price because they aren't refundable or as flexible for scheduling, his congressional staff said.

Yeah, but they forgot to mention the fact that Paul has been giving back most of his congressional salary to the treasury for all these years.

These people are idiots with agendas. Trying any last thing they can to stop the sheer force that is Ron Paul.

Makes me friggin crazy mad, tell you what...

Yes, there is a conspiracy against him, no question. Is why I put this in General Conspiracies.
edit on Mon Jan 16th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Like Obama, like Bush, like Romney, like Paul. . . . ad nauseum.

Why can't we just stick to the policies of the individual?

*sheesh*

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 16-1-2012 by beezzer because: double post

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

And they forgot to mention how much Mrs. Pelosi spends on her trips.
Or any one of the other congressmen/women and their expense accounts.
Where is the outrage there?

The man has to travel, especially in campaign years...!
At least Dr. Paul and his son give back to the treasury.
Which is more commendable than anything the other candidates do.
(Romney spends more on tanning and teeth whitener it seems)

I can't believe they sink to new levels to try and disspell his credentials.
But then again, they are looking for anything they can find.

Unfortunately for them, there isn't much to find.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You're right. That is seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel for something--anything--they can use to discredit him. What's sad is when you compare that to the billions and trillions that the other crooks in Congress are shoveling out through fraud and waste. Some probably spend more through "franking" privileges....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ok, so...let's entertain the thought that Ron Paul DOES win the Presidential election, then what? How do you BELIEVE he is going to be able to HELP the citizens of the U.S.; when there is no manufacturing or farming, going on? How EXACTLY do you THINK he is going to resolve the problems of the U.S., when THAT IS the problem?

The ONLY way to resolve the issues America faces is by becoming an industrial nation, again. But, how do you manufacture goods, when there are no materials left, to manufacture.

If America is gonna be GREAT again, Americans are going to have to start all over, from scratch. I see Ron Paul being a President, to the likes of those, back in the horse and buggy days; which not many people know about. It would have to go back to the days of: growing your own fruits and veggies, raising your own farm animals and bartering (to name a few).
[snipped]

Anything less than that....well...would be the same ole...same ole.
edit on Mon Jan 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
meh.

one would think that reporters for AP would know that Continental Airlines ceased operations Nov 30, 2011. And that people in Frequent Flyer clubs have free (or reduced price) upgrade to First Class. Back when I flew for work, I had a free upgrade now and then and I was not even in the higher standard member clubs like my Dad is since he has been flying since 1986 for work.

It is a non-story, hit piece at best. Especially when it was explained they purchase those tickets due to flexibility versus the cheaper non-refundable non-transferable tickets. The fact that Paul flies commercial versus chartered or military puts him ahead of quite a few politicians to begin with... cough-Pelosi-cough.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yeah....his flying first class really helps add up all the trillions in debt we owe. I'm sure that's the reason we are in such financial difficulty now. If only he had flown coach all those trips we'd be fine.

How many other Senators or Representatives also fly first class on taxpayer budget. Personally, I think if you are a Senator or Representative it should be almost automatic that you fly in first class.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
If America is gonna be GREAT again, Americans are going to have to start all over, from scratch.

Damn! Does that mean people from another continent have to get there, massacre those currently living there and set it up as their country?

Should run it by the Chinese and see if they are willing to take the offer and make America GREAT again!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
When he starts flying his dog to whatever location he is at in Air Force One, then I will be like WTF.

but until then, its first class. He still sitting with all the common people.

I dont see anyone else doing that up on that stage, do any of you ?

you are right, they stooped low, very, very low.

But thats good for us, because if this is the best that they can come up with, well then you might as well just let Mrs. Paul start picking out the drapes.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I bet they plan to investigate how he spends on dining out and where he shops next

"Taxpayer money being use on extravagant necessities..."

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

They do this to all politicians though.

They tried it with David Cameron even though he was taking a vacation within the country using his own money until his wife gave birth while they were there and then that became the news and they forgot their silly reporting on what he does in his spare time away from work.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Sounds like Paul is turning out to be just another politician.

It really really sucks.

He's just another ahole

new topics

top topics

join