It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black History Month: Very Important for EVERYONE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I recently watched a documentary called "Bastards of the Party." Initially I thought it was going to mostly be about gangs in Los Angeles, but I was wrong. It an amazing story of an OG from the bloods asking himself why all of this violence got started in the first place. He did a lot of research and talked to some of the first L.A. gangs about what happened. If you are opposed to corruption and tyranny in any way, shape, or form I suggest watching this documentary. There were a lot of great people and organizations in L.A. that tried their best to improve things, but there were people in the government that abused their power. It talks about the importance and goals of the Black Panther party, the US organization, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. I consider this one of the most important documentaries I've ever seen. You can watch it on netflix streaming. Bastards of the Party

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Thanks, I didn't know of a place to post the vid. You rock, I love ATS!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
post removed by staff

I'm sorry you are mad. This has a lot more to do with humanity in general than black history, which I think is very important. If you can't understand the past, how can you expect the future? We are talking about people, regardless of race. This is just one example of how how people can be marginalized. For the record, I am white and I think this is a very important piece of history, but I respect your opinion. I just hope you respect mine.
edit on Mon Jan 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

post removed by staff

Am guessing you probably wished you watched the video before posting?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooberson3

post removed by staff

I'm sorry you are mad. This has a lot more to do with humanity in general than black history, which I think is very important. If you can't understand the past, how can you expect the future? We are talking about people, regardless of race. This is just one example of how how people can be marginalized. For the record, I am white and I think this is a very important piece of history, but I respect your opinion. I just hope you respect mine.

100% understand that knowing the past, helps the future but i also understand that highlighting situations which happened years ago, which shouldnt of happened, only breeds hate.

Originally posted by OzvaldoAm guessing you probably wished you watched the video before posting?

I cant watch videos on this connection and what i gathered from the OP, it was the same #.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I still love Mr. Freeman's response to this topic.

Genius.
edit on 16-1-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

100% understand that knowing the past, helps the future but i also understand that highlighting situations which happened years ago, which shouldnt of happened, only breeds hate.

Isn't that contradictory? There is no hate here. Where is your hate derived from?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

Not malformed video ID now.

edit on 16-1-2012 by hooberson3 because: said malformed video ID

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhettoRice

I still love Mr. Freeman's response to this topic.

Genius.
edit on 16-1-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

I agree totally. So what do you propose is our plan of action? I'm often told that I can't complain unless I also provide a solution.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I cant watch videos on this connection and what i gathered from the OP, it was the same #.

OK fair enough, I retract my assumption

@hooberson - Think before you post, I have actually seen the video you posted and agree with your opinion. My post above was an incorrect assumption made at n00bUK, not you.

Thanks
edit on Mon Jan 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

No no, my bad if it looked like I was talking about you. I liked your comments.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Isn't that contradictory? There is no hate here. Where is your hate derived from?

Why do blacks people have a month dedicated to them? We learnt all this in school

Why do us blacks only have one month dedicated to us? We learnt all this in school. . .

Black history months/days or w/e isnt created to spread true education - if it was, it wouldnt go over the slave sht ever single time, or how Martin Luther king was the savior of blacks etc.

If TPTB want to stop racism, stop hiding history, truly educate all youth and make them realize one is not better than another. True education would never breed a racist - which is what happens now, trust me.

I was talking to a mixed race guy the other day and he was going on about how white people are so much better, like how they have a mind to build and to educate their race etc...fkin nonsense i told him, i said forget what they taught you in school, go read how the white man came and educated him self in a black mans library - go educate your self about the black jews, go educate your self about the reasons the black race was put into slavery and why Africa has been rapped of all resources and who owns all them resources. No race is better than another but with the # thats force fed to our youth you would think the white man is the best in the world. .

History books have allot missing.

IMHO black history month/week/day is just there to keep the thought process going, divide/conquer, win.

Go to google and put Black History, even google wants you to think blacks dont have a history until the came to america, cant find nothing other than Black American/Black British. . its a joke
edit on 16-1-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Ozvaldo

No no, my bad if it looked like I was talking about you. I liked your comments.

No probs, you kinda replied to my post and said "An ignorant troll. Disregard." lol
an innocent misunderstanding

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I agree whole heartedly with your posts.

The one thing I would say is that if we are to teach 'real' and 'true' history then let's do so.
Slavery existed in Africa centuries before white Europeans started their evil trade.
And if it wasn't for Africans catching and selling other Africans then that horrendous chapter in European / American history would never have been possible.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a slavery discussion now, I just thought that it's fair to say that if the 'truth' is told then there will be some things that don't portray black people or Africa in a positive light, exactly as there are countless examples of white people's wrong doing's etc.

Society needs to realise that people are just people and that either all or none of us should be targetted for positive or negative treatment.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hooberson3

I can only reply with a personal opinion... that being how I do believe that MLK would be appalled at what today passes for black, or African-American culture. He strove and ultimately gave his life to help lift America out of ignorance and racial bias. Over the years, his work has paid off, not just for the black community but for an entire nation that has now mostly, even if not entirely, finally outgrown those ignorances and biases.

Unfortunately, at some point along the way, both he and the message became obscured and forgotten in all but name. Today, we honor the man but have long since forsaken the mission.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I had no idea this was black history month.

When is white history month?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by hooberson3

I can only reply with a personal opinion... that being how I do believe that MLK would be appalled at what today passes for black, or African-American culture. He strove and ultimately gave his life to help lift America out of ignorance and racial bias. Over the years, his work has paid off, not just for the black community but for an entire nation that has now mostly, even if not entirely, finally outgrown those ignorances and biases.

Unfortunately, at some point along the way, both he and the message became obscured and forgotten in all but name. Today, we honor the man but have long since forsaken the mission.

I agree and this is why there needs to be at least one month, hopefully more, dedicated to black history. His message, I believe, was not just about blacks but about everyone. The Naysayers of black history month can talk the talk, but I wonder who is today's Martin Luther King, because if there is one I'm sure I would like him, but I can't think of anyone. Is there a modern day Martin Luther? If so I would really like to know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join