It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS the ultimate agitator IP collector?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Every so often on ATS, someone will ask about the potential of government [‘disinfo’] agents who might use this site to gather intelligence.

I will go one step further: Could ATS be an official or unofficial tool to collect the IP addresses of potential agitators? It would make sense to have every 'conspiracy nut' join one central site so they can be filed and indexed should they need to be contacted in a time of need.

It actually makes sense. I know some members are computer savvy and could hide or change their IP address, but, they are still here and the government will still have ways to track you once a minimum amount of information is given in order to register and post on here.

Just a thought and I would appreciate your opinions.[ but be careful of what you say!].

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

As many agitators who are here In a real quick check I can find about 100 websites that are far more inflammatory and dangerous appearing to the POTUS and TPTB than this one.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

Every so often on ATS, someone will ask about the potential of government [‘disinfo’] agents who might use this site to gather intelligence.

I will go one step further: Could ATS be an official or unofficial tool to collect the IP addresses of potential agitators? It would make sense to have every 'conspiracy nut' join one central site so they can be filed and indexed should they need to be contacted in a time of need.

It actually makes sense. I know some members are computer savvy and could hide or change their IP address, but, they are still here and the government will still have ways to track you once a minimum amount of information is given in order to register and post on here.

Just a thought and I would appreciate your opinions.[ but be careful of what you say!].

It doesn't have to be official. They do something called monitoring the visitors of a site and collect that data no doubt. They also have people here to monitor the posts and profile people, interact or whatever is needed. Having read some posts here I think it is a good thing that they watch this place though.

Quite a few, shall we say, unbalanced individuals.
edit on 16-1-2012 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I appreciate that there are other sites, but ATS would have the larger volume of members to monitor. It is also a much moderate site that would draw in more people.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
I appreciate that there are other sites, but ATS would have the larger volume of members to monitor. It is also a much moderate site that would draw in more people.

Real agitators will not reveal plans to "large numbers of anonymous people." They would be more selective and their plans are private on very private websites among like minded people. Beside nobody HAS to monitor the more public and "open" websites for potential troublemakers - In the information age there are plenty of stool pigeons. On a site like ATS that might be more of a worry because of the diversity of people and opinions.

Looking at the feed it appears ATS is becoming more of a religious and God and faith discussion website. Nothing secret there.

edit on 16-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if information is being collected on members on this site. I'm not 100% sure on this , so don't quote me, but I think the guy who shot Gabrielle Giffords in the 2011 Tucson shooting had an account here on ATS.

That would be enough to flag up this site and it's members to the security services.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if information is being collected on members on this site. I'm not 100% sure on this , so don't quote me, but I think the guy who shot Gabrielle Giffords in the 2011 Tucson shooting had an account here on ATS.

That would be enough to flag up this site and it's members to the security services.

And would you be surprised to find more information about you is collected on facebook?

You have no privacy unless you drop off the radar and use no electronics.
That is the sad and ugly truth.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I will add there are probably a few people whom you have to worry about, but I believe through experience you will seek on your own...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Best policy; adopt a personal practice of super-paranoia, accepting that you are being watched and monitored all the time, every day, all day, everywhere.

It's a scary thought, but, once you get over it, it's just another thing to accept in a while arena of strange.

How you deal with it, is up to you.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I agree with you. there's not much you can do about it these days, unless you want to "log off" from the system. I try not to worry about it too much.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
ATS Privacy Policy

Thread closed.

top topics

join