It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist 'Morality Police' to train volunteers in using electric batons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Islamist 'Morality Police' to train volunteers in using electric batons

english.ahram.org.eg

Ahram Online , Thursday 12 Jan 2012

A controversial hardliner group in Egypt announces that it purchased 1000 tazers to help its cadre defend themselves as they 'promote virtue' on the country's streets
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wnd.com
edit on 16/1/2012 by ArMaP because: link corrected

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The "Morality Police", which models itself on a similar group in Saudi Arabia that monitors citizens social behaviour, added in its announcement that these electric shocks batons will help in self-defence against any possible attacks on volunteers, adding that volunteers would be instructed to use the tazers only in "extremely necessary" situations.

You can bet your sweet toosh that when these guys talk, they talk serious, now what was it you said about kissing in public, or was it holding hands. Hey just so we are clear on this, you must be married before......

Then again, didn't they ask for help from the west regarding a new style of government and the choice to express someones free will...?

english.ahram.org.eg
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 16/1/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just like US cops? Ain't that nice?

Talk back and you get tazered, even if you are a 13 years old!

All of you who supports the police state should applaud this. I mean, Egypt becoming more like America... this is what you want right?
edit on 15-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

There is nothing Islamic about "morality police"...

But while we're here, how about those people in Oakland, and all over the country getting beat, tazered, and shot at by "non-lethals" for exercising their first amendment rights?

awesome #
edit on 15-1-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
great just what the ankle exposing women needed!...(sarcasm)

just be happy you're getting tazed and not shot to death..

god knows theres always 2 sides to the story, and how many police related deaths were avoided thanks to non lethal weapons...of course im referring to the U.S.A

now...the middle east?...idk

edit on 15-1-2012 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

god knows theres always 2 sides to the story, and how many police related deaths were avoided thanks to non lethal weapons...of course im referring to the U.S.A

Stockholm Syndrome??

"be happy you're getting tazed"??????

What type of # is that?!?!

No I won't be HAPPY for getting ABUSED for exercising a RIGHT!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Stockholm Syndrome??

"be happy you're getting tazed"??????

What type of # is that?!?!

No I won't be HAPPY for getting ABUSED for exercising a RIGHT!

sir if you exercise your rights in accordance to your state laws...there is no reason why you should be getting tazered...

remember police officers are humans too...they too have families, mortgages and bills to pay etc...you like many others seem to have a very twisted and misinformed view of law officers...

remember YOU too can become a police officer...there isnt some sacred right of passage to undergo...

just be in decent running shape and posess high morale character...an officer needs to go home to his wife and kids just like the guy working the cubicle..

and he sure as hell isnt going to let some fart smelling hippy stop him from doing that

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

Have you not looked at the news for the past 5 months?!? Have you not seen cops pepper spraying protesters just sitting?? Or cops just........ ---- what the hell, just ATS search police brutality....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
When bombing isnt enough, we train you how to police your nations.
Soon enough you will understand the American way

edit on 15-1-2012 by ImmortalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I suppose we needn't consider what might be done with those tasers if the morality police REALLY find a couple people being immoral.

I get what one poster was saying about how this is better than being shot, and that's probably right in terms of a taser being a step DOWN in the normal reaction. Those infernal sticks they love so much come to mind....

It sure is getting old watching every authority in the world look upon polite compliance being a question of voltage and delivery though. There was a time when being electrocuted was considered a form of torture. Now, it's handling a rowdy kid in a school hallway or some woman showing (gasp) calf skin over there! (cue dramatic hamster)

Maybe that stage of the training where I understand they use them on each other leaves authorities with some fuses burnt out themselves or maybe they need much MORE of that part of training. Tasing is just becoming entirely too common for almost any reason at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know exactly what you mean. I think this sums it up best about how they would like to see most of the population at the first sign of insolence or civil disobedience...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Have you not looked at the news for the past 5 months?!? Have you not seen cops pepper spraying protesters just sitting?? Or cops just........ ---- what the hell, just ATS search police brutality....

it goes both ways..

you cant watch the news now-a-days without rioters and looters burning cars and flipping them over..and causing personal and property damage as well

there are 2 sides to the coin, obviously i can see wich one you are for

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
who needs training in how to touch something?????? what idiots

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Morality Police?

More like the Fun Police.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

No. If you get tased because of talking back, its completly another thing. Because its deemed non-lethal, the police will use them much faster as a gun. Or do you want to say that you would get shot for talking back if they have no taser?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

it goes both ways..

you cant watch the news now-a-days without rioters and looters burning cars and flipping them over..and causing personal and property damage as well

there are 2 sides to the coin, obviously i can see wich one you are for

Again, sitting in a line, and being pepper sprayed to the point where even the other police officers admit they're a lift confused???

6 police officers beat and gazer a homeless man to death?

Sean Bell, Amadou Diallo, Joutavius Stafford, Antoine Waiters, Oscar Grant, etc.... Who cares about their lives, they were unarmed and most of them shot in the back, one while handcuffed.. 2 sides to that coin 2?

How many cars burned as a result of occupy protests? Oh ok, but over a thousand people reported police causing injuries..

FYI talking back is not a valid excuse, we're allowed to do that, and if we don't then we're just the obedient kinda sheep they like.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I see the forces are out of "don't argue with Islamists....the Cops/American/Jews/Christians they tazer people for not being burqa-fantastic too."

Anything but let you question the stupidity of the regimes we just helped install. It isn't Islam - it just happens to only exist in Islamic states. Some cops tazer badly behaved people being arrested, which is just like tazing a woman whose skirt is too short.

Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Let what this thread is about be a warning and a lesson to everyone.
Never, ever let a theocracy run your government.
Peace.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It is up to the Egyptian people what they do with their new found decisions. Not the US. We can only try and guide them to some form of democratic union. If they do not want it and support this act. Then so be it. They chose it , or refused to resist it.

top topics

join