It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in Conklin, AB, Canada - January 12th 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
(Not sure how to embed the video properly)

Any idea what this could possibly be?

From reading the youtube comments ive seen a couple people suggest it could maybe be a train, im not sure though.

Cheers
edit on 15-1-2012 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Sound stolen from this video...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Any idea what this could possibly be?

Sure. Basically alien secrecy has become untenable in this day and age, and so TPTB have decided that the ramp up to full alien disclosure is going to start with just sound. It is why these totally bizarre sounds are being heard all over the world. They figure they better prime our aural senses first, because the visuals are a little too much to bear too soon... Get us used to the sounds, and then announce at a later point that these are what we have been hearing. After 90% of the world is used to them, then they will prepare us for the visuals, when several hundred or thousand ships uncloak and are visible at once.

What is really freaky is that sounds a lot like some of the alien sounds in Crysis and Crysis 2.

Flag. Star. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
These are some awesome recordings circulating.
The similarity is uncannny (with others), I am wondering if this is part of the Haarp or other auroral work being done....?
The phenomena is world wide by now....
VTRPE, has been named as the cause by that Carnicorn dude.....
Somekind of rado wave propegation method....?

DSO

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Listen to the sound without watching the images. You can clearly hear the sound of children playing on a playground. Totally out of place for the middle of the woods in northern alberta. Sorry but im 99.99% sure its an audio copy from the Kiev video.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DSO
Listen to the sound without watching the images. You can clearly hear the sound of children playing on a playground. Totally out of place for the middle of the woods in northern alberta. Sorry but im 99.99% sure its an audio copy from the Kiev video.

I agree. I also hear a plethora of birds singing. Completely out of place for Canadian winter. I was kind of giggling as I watched the video because for the last month I've been doing wildlife surveys, snow-shoeing through forest just like that, not far from there and you're lucky to hear a single Chickadee or Grey-jay all day. In fact most days you won't. All of the song birds are down south right now and the forest is generally dead silent.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DSO

I do not hear children playing on a playground. I hear birds, a crackle from a tree, and then that crazy sound. Sorry Im 100% sure that someone needs to get there hearing checked. I agree it sounds like the sounds from Kiev but I think the guys were looking up reacting to whatever was making that noise.

DSO

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

At 0:45s and again at 0:50s, there are distict sounds of children playing & laughing. Best heard if you only listen to the audio.

Easy to fake/choose a seperate video clip of some field workers looking around.
edit on 15-1-2012 by DSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ok, well I was just messing with yas in my first post, but since we are now getting down to comparing videos, I disagree too that sound is copied from the other video. It's close, but different. I suppose I could pull the audio tracks and run them through spectrum analysis, but I feel no need. The different natural ambient reverb and frequency response qualities of the two videos are enough for me to know they aren't the same, and would have to be drastically altered. But then, also take a look at this guy's youtube channel, and tell me if it appears he is hoaxing, through allegedly copying the video's sound:

www.youtube.com...

Nah, that's not a hoaxer type. Not to me, but you guys can believe whatever. Just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to dive deep into an audio program to adjust the finer parameters of EQ and reverb, after ripping the audio from a YT video in the first place.

That's two pluses in the "authentic" column for me. If anything, the similarities of the two video's sounds, along with others I have seen on YT, are suggesting common elements. But at this point, there are quite a few variations on the "rumble sound." There may be a lot more lows in the source, which are not getting picked up because of either mic deficiencies or the long distance of mic to source.

If someone wants to do the spectrum analysis work and convince me otherwise, I'd be happy to take a look and entertain your theories.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Okay... I have a question -
After watching and listening to these videos.. no doubt an odd noise indeed ; however.. such a sound in my mind would disturb the birds to fly out of their trees... - am I wrong in thinking this???

so if these sounds are to be TRUE.. in regards to the birds and animals... would it be wrong to consider this sound to be natural as they are not stirred up ??? but which indeed.. we know as humans this is NOT natural, or we would not be discussing and recording such an "anomaly"

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

What birds? It's the middle of winter, just below the arctic circle. That is why it must be dubbed in. All of the song birds have migrated to the US or further South. I've been doing wildlife surveys not far from there for the last month. In that time I've seen four Chickedees, Five Grey-jays, a Three-Toed Woodpecker, and eight Rough Grouse. Seen, not heard with the exception of a couple chirps from the Chickedees. You have to understand this is after spending all day outside. The forest is dead quiet up here this time of year. There is no constant bantering of birds. The birdsong heard in the video is as out of place as would be cranked LMFAO in a funeral home. A bird song expert would probably tell you that the bird song in the video is not from birds native to that area. In fact I know a couple that I'll be talking to tomorrow and I'll see what they say.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Thank you for your reply... so I guess I was "off" with the thought of birds flying out of the trees at such a sound.. but not so far off as hearing the "birds" made me think they should

I look forward to hearing your results

DSO

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I did a bit more comparing and im sure this is a hoax:

Start the video:

And compare to the the Kiev Video from about ~18s.

Pay attention to 3 sounds in particular:
1- the camera "move" sound
2- children at play
3- seagull at 0:56 in the kiev video & 0:40 in the conklin video.

Bird sounds are also the same, only louder. Not sure what the conclusion was on the Kiev sound though. Industrial machinery if i remember right?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The Pas, Manitoba. Warning: Canadians swear. Its what we do.

edit on 2012/1/17 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That's the one that freaks me out the most, it's close enough to me that I know there isn't much up there. It's just a couple of hours north east from me.

All these videos sound slightly different to me, this one really sounds "alive".

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I think I'm going to go with the District 9 viral campaign explanation.

Which is still totally cool, because I really like District 9.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

My husband is truck driving in Northern Alberta, I told him to listen for any weird sounds. He's heard the video from Conklin.
If they needed to set up a "real" District 9, I'm glad he's not driving in Northern Manitoba anymore, that would be a good area for such a situation

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Hello ! I have listened to your video and many people are hearing the same sounds around the globe . I have been to Conklin many times in the past . Whatever is causing these noises they do sound simular to a train but they are not .This is just a thought keep in mind, my thought ! When a house creaks we think it's because its old and needs repairs to stop the creaks . May be our home the earth is old and worn out also because of all the things we have done to it over the years . Just a thought .

edit on 17-1-2012 by whispersonthewind because: oops forgot a word

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
How about a Cloverfield viral. I remember the monster's roar being very similar.

This clip sounds the most like it unfortunately the person speeds it up to be stupid. But the initial roar is what I am talking about.
www.youtube.com...

I dont think thats what it is but interesting.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

you know i feal the same i dont need anthing to tell me what i hear too maney diffrances in vido to vido and not just volume

top topics

<<   2 >>

join