It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We'll give you the death penalty': How police 'forced innocent boy, 12, to confess to stranglin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I don't doubt it bro. Here in arkansas we have some crooked ass cops. Them and their "good 'ol boy system". Cops here will pull you over and ticket you for talking on a cell phone while driving when they do the same thing and i've seen them do it. They should be ticketing themselves too.

Typical tricks they like to use in interrogation are denying your basic human rights as a form of torture. They may withhold food from you, or drink. Often enough though they will load you up with food and drink because most people have to take a dump or urinate 30 minutes after a meal, and then they withold bathroom privaleges so you crap your pants or pee yourself and then they force you to sit in it. Basically interrogation is legalized torture. If you ask for a lawyer to ensure your rights don't get abused they already assume youre guilty but they already assumed youre guilty anyway because at the acadamy they teach you to look at everyone like theyre already guilty because everyone is guilty of doing something, it just hasn't been discovered yet.

Nowadays youre guilty until proven innocent.
edit on 16-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
To all posters: Remember, don't feed the trolls , if they're not fed they will go away. Definition: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Originally posted by popsmayhem
This kid is a murderer

he should get the death penalty.

Thats called an opinion

I believe the kid did the killings
he knows right from wrong
and i do not think there is no way
this murdering child will ever be a productive member
of society.
edit on 16-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think he did it. The fact that he said "why are they accusing me" out loud after they left prooves it. He knew they where listenijg.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The whole concept of reduced punishments for those who confess is absurd. It is a coercion of a confession, and should not be acceptable.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It's not the first time it's happend there was another famous case back in the 90's. A kid confessed to the murder of his sister. Later they found the culprit with the girls blood on his shirt. People need to be aware of thier rights guilty or not you never talk to the police without a lawyer. Unless your under arrest and been read your rights your free to walk out of any interview
edit on 16-1-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This kid is a murderer

Your an Idiot.
You should get the death penalty.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
To all posters: Remember, don't feed the trolls , if they're not fed they will go away. Definition: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

This kid is a murderer

Thats called an opinion

I believe the kid did the killings
he knows right from wrong
and i do not think there is no way
this murdering child will ever be a productive member
of society.
edit on 16-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

What do you base these conclusions on? Do you even have any reasons?

edit on 16-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kundalini

the u.k is not london,typical american.(only i thought you all called u.k. engerland!)
edit on 16/1/2012 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

Your reply confuses me. I refered to London as the only Camden I know in the UK is in London, which is clearly not the Camden where this article stems from.

Not that anyone should barate this poor fellow for a simple case of misreading the OP (we've all been there).

And "typical American"? I'm from the north of England. You seem to be jumping to conclusions about me, or you're talking about the original guy who made the mistake in the first place.

Your post isn't very clear.
edit on 16-1-2012 by kundalini because: fixing broken quote

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I agree with you completely. I happen to live in Arkansas and know that these tactics are used extensively in my state. My own sons were picked up, detained and questioned several times over minor incidents that they were not even involved in when they were underage. I appreciate your candor, but I was in no was in no way condoning what the police did.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Actually, all could have been avoided had the child, or anyone for that matter, uttered ten simple words: "I want a lawyer, I refuse to speak to you."

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Actually, all could have been avoided had the child, or anyone for that matter, uttered ten simple words: "I want a lawyer, I refuse to speak to you."

But what kid is going to think of something like that?

It's a terrible case, a kid should not be treat in that way. What get's me though is, there is clear proof of mis-use of the way cops go about interviews in certain places. So why isn't anything being done against these cops? Or has action already been taken against them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join