It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think your ready?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
TS has been HTF since the dawn of man.
That's the problem, it's never stopped.

Yes that is a nice statement.
I am under the impression that every one means the part where it becomes more hectic than usual.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick
I don't think you're ready till you understand the simple difference between your and you're.

I am not an english major, nor do I care to be.
I have better things to do. it,its, it's, your, you're, can, can't, cannot...whatever.. if you don't get the point or wanna nit pick spelling...good for you.

I am on your side with this one.
This is supposed to be an INTERNATIONAL forum, to exchange ideas.
Not an English language class.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
ly (to gasoline) easy to store and preserve, so if the grid goes out I can last a few months. My "bet" is not on a wholesale disaster, but on a disruption of supplies to a region. If we have a "really big" event I'm thinking I won't be caring much about what happens. It;s the mid-range stuff that would make things difficult.

I hope all will be fine.
I DID however buy some, a few Kg, of Titanium oxide.
What for?
Just to make it possible to grow food in friends gardens.
I expect a lot more UV on our Planet.
so everyone is prepping in its own way.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm ready, i'm plannin on buggin into one of these filthy rich monsanto Execs and eat all their food and pork their fine daughters as i move along on my list on who to do

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
M'Bride and I, we're preppers, survivalists and hoarders. No, we'll never be completely ready. For us, it's like asking "when will your house be finished?" Well, it'll never be finished; it will eventually get to a place where we can be happy living in it, while we continue to work on it until we die.

I can see myself, 30 years from now...... hobbling down the road, muttering to myself, thinking that if I can just get ONE more coconut, then everything will be fine ......... until the next day.

The end?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

Originally posted by schuyler
ly (to gasoline) easy to store and preserve, so if the grid goes out I can last a few months. My "bet" is not on a wholesale disaster, but on a disruption of supplies to a region. If we have a "really big" event I'm thinking I won't be caring much about what happens. It;s the mid-range stuff that would make things difficult.

I hope all will be fine.
I DID however buy some, a few Kg, of Titanium oxide.
What for?
Just to make it possible to grow food in friends gardens.
I expect a lot more UV on our Planet.
so everyone is prepping in its own way.

Titanium Oxide! Now that's a new one. That's why I enjoy these threads. Every time I learn something new. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
M'Bride and I, we're preppers, survivalists and hoarders. No, we'll never be completely ready. For us, it's like asking "when will your house be finished?" Well, it'll never be finished; it will eventually get to a place where we can be happy living in it, while we continue to work on it until we die.

I can see myself, 30 years from now...... hobbling down the road, muttering to myself, thinking that if I can just get ONE more coconut, then everything will be fine ......... until the next day.

Yeah. I've had stuff stored over 30 years. the cans have reached their expiration date and nothing ever happened. Still, it's money well spent for peace of mind. Maybe it WOULDN'T be adequate. Maybe I've got so many holes in my plan that I will discover I really screwed up. But there's a lot to be said for spending a few bucks for your peace of mind.
edit on 1/15/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Dunno, 2012 just might be the year that the world says it is time to put a stop to the aggressions of the 4th reich.
Then just like happened to the 3rd, we get invaded by the rest of the would be free world.

More on topic, there are still some tools I would love to have, more machinery type goodies but I can get by for now.
Don't wanna but I can.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Understand and agree. We buy in bulk, and the worst case of that is that you'll save money. No-brainer.

As to having a plan.......... when we first moved to the Caribbean, we went through a minor hurricane a month later. I made a hurricane plan that has since changed every year. Still, it keeps us from forgetting things, and even an incomplete plan is better than none. I feel that way about being 'ready'. I'm ready for things within the context of what I think will or might happen, however, that's only if they happen as I imagine them. Probably completely unprepared for that which I cannot imagine.

Short answer: Won't be ready. Won't stop me from trying.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Isn't this something that is supposed to come out of a magic lamp? What's a genie if not that, which runs on little fuel?
edit on 16-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I feel I am ready in a shtf scenario. Although, I don't have massive stockpiles of food, gasoline, or guns. I am mentally and physically ready, which I think are most important because if you are mentally ready, you will be able to analyze the situation calmly and be able to take the necessary actions to ensure your survival while everyone else is panicking. I also note being physically prepared as an importance because if you need to travel by foot quickly to escape the cities or whatever, you will be able to do so with more ease than those who are out of shape.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Not enough. Not even close. I just don't have the resources.

I don't know what will happen if anything this year, but I sure hope something does. I think if anything were to happen it would be a bad thing, possibly destruction, and not some cosmic change/enlightenment/move to higher density stuff that some espouse.

I actually hope that it is destruction.

I have a few questions. For those who are prepping, what do you think is going to happen? Are you prepared to live in the world after the event? Is being merely alive the goal in your survival plan?

Let's consider, for arguments sake, that aside from a global extinction level event, that the worst thing that could happen, would be for massive die offs, the total loss of technology(communication, petroleum production, electronic failure), and drastic climate/environmental changes worldwide. Perhaps a massive solar flare and accompanying EMP.

Considering the virtual disappearance of ethics and morality in modern civilization, and the barbaric nature of third world civilization and humanity in general, what aspect of life is worth living after any such event?

I personally have a hard time finding purpose and will to live in the world as it is now with all its conveniences. If anything, it is those conveniences that get me by. Having to exist and be apart of humanity as it consists today is all but physical torture.

The only way I can see really wanting to survive any 2012 disaster event, would be if one had the resources to essentially section off a large chunk of land they can become totally self sufficient on, in a home that could withstand any elemental event, and be fortified and stocked enough to withstand assaults and long term harsh climates, and have enough people to survive a few generations at a minimum. Outside of a government survival project, few people have such a capability. Surviving with a section of humanity in a government project, considering what the government and humanity is comprised of now, is far from desirable and IMO not even acceptable.

At best, all I can see being worth prepping for is short time (

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
I'm ready, i'm plannin on buggin into one of these filthy rich monsanto Execs and eat all their food and pork their fine daughters as i move along on my list on who to do

Dentists, don't forget the dentists.
Don't kill em, chain em, make em work for free.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
TS has been HTF since the dawn of man.
That's the problem, it's never stopped.

Its almost like the boy that cried wolf isn't it?
I mean as far as people predicting the end of the world.

I think there is reason to believe though that there is far more to 2012 than just some Indian folklore.

I used to think it was just Indian folklore until I researched it.

I can show you two pictures out of Wikipedia and in those two pictures tell you what I think is supposed to happen.

The soul catcher machine
That painting is from 1600 and that is the moon up there.

Cross section of the moon

In 2012 the soul catcher machine is going down, due to artificial intelligence mutiny that occurred 2 mya.

The reason this world is run so poorly, is because the machine that runs it, does not feel pain.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've been putting years of research in finding a suitable area to go when all options for sticking it out at home are gone. I moved far enough away from any major urban enviroments that I should have at least a 2 or 3 day head start on the masses trying to get out of southern Michigan and I think it also helps to pay close attention to everything coming down the pipe so we can be ready to go within an hour or so.

When I was planning a spot to head to I wanted to remain close enough to gather up family and some close friends, just wouldn't feel comfortable leaving them to what may come. Have already set contingency plans in place and spoke at great length with them about moving with great urgency at the first word to gather. Most of the people I've been touching base with have food supplies, the ability to process fresh water into a potable supply, tools for defense of our chosen spot and as far as friends that are being brought the knowledge and ability to utilize these tools.

We have a good stockpile of non-gmo seeds and livestock, a huge overabundance of rice and pasta and canned foods. Most importantly the area we are going has fresh spring fed streams filled with fish, a great lake with a seemingly endless supply of fish and a large landlocked herd of venison, squirrels, rabbits and birds to be culled when needed. Again most of us have decades of experience in feeding ourselves from nature.

The one issue I'm concerned with is how to get medical supplies in large enough quantities to carry us through what may come, anyone have ideas on this? There are a few health issues in the group ( blood pressure being the main, thyroid issues also in play) how do we go about approaching doctors to gain large quantities of these prescriptions and also is there any reliable way to store them as to not lose their effectiveness?

Anything I've missed or any help with the medical issues would be greatly appreciated.

Good thread OP, S & F for you

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestionsEverything

The only thing I have heard people say about medical supplies is they get penicillin on-line and say it is for their pets or something. Also I have read that people sell penicillin for pets in pets stores. But you know it needs to be refridgerated. If its liquid. I don't know how long the pills last.

If I were you, if you can't get real medicine, you may need to look at what is in, the medicine you need, and see if you can't get the ingredients in a holistic health store. You know maybe there is an equivalent product in a health food aisle. They seem to have cures for anything.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No, but I have a plan.

I value versatility and mobility, because you don't know what crisis may come. I have extra gas for my vehicle, a bike in good shape that I can ride for a thousand miles if I need to do so, and enough supplies to get me on the move to adapt.

I'm not the best survivalist, but I'm not completely hopeless either. I don't have the money to build a bunker, but I know where I can go, and I'm somewhat skeptical of coming up with a plan that doesn't allow for mobility anyway. Too many unknowns.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Thanks for the direction, much appreciated.

Need to do some more digging into.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There have been times in the past when I was sure I was ready for something ... and then when it happened I found that I wasn't. And then there were times I thought I was all set, and the unexpected happened and I found I wasn't ready for that at all.

So no ... I don't think ANYONE is ready.
They think they are. But the reality of what could happen will nail them to the floor.
Everyone thinks they are stronger than they really are.
We all have a mental and physical breaking point that we don't know about.

Sorry .. but it's true.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Im not sure, the descisions up to the STARZ as far as me so, good luck to all who are ready and best wishes in the genetic preservation of this sphere.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join