It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think your ready?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was curious as to how many people here feel they are ready for this upcoming year and the whole 2012 thing?
I don't know if anything will or won't happen. What I am curious about is, do you have all you want now or are you getting things sooner rather than later this year...due to the masses hearing about the 2012 end of the world?

The stores might be out of stock...with a lot of things as people get scared or as time nears the 21st of Dec. What if anything are you doing for you and yours because of this? Are you prepping or are you just going to say...I have what I have? Anyone with plans to be at there BOL for December?

The whole idea or thought of TSHTF then might make life really tough leading up to it, because of the masses going crazy and buying everything in site...what are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
about 65% i'd say, not perfect, but i'd survive just from my ambition alone. where theres a will, theres a way.

I have some plans, and backup plans for those plans, and a contingency plan for all my backups.

and if I die in the end, it will probably be worth it since i'll have lived a sweet life up until my last moment.

just don't lose your head, stay calm, consistent and always have a goal in mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ready....hope nothing long term happens...but prepared as a lifestyle choice. Moved to my bug out area 15 years ago.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
TS has been HTF since the dawn of man.
That's the problem, it's never stopped.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Moved to my bug out area 15 years ago.

So you been waiting for 2012 for 15 years in a bug out place?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by Destinyone

Moved to my bug out area 15 years ago.

So you been waiting for 2012 for 15 years in a bug out place?

No you silly goose. I decided the corporate world was not for me. Did several years of research, and found an area I wanted to buy land, settle down, and live a more harmonious lifestyle with nature.

It just happens to be in a great bug out location. With all the amenities of an artesian aquifer sitting under my land.

I think the whole 2012 thing is a bunch of crap. But, that's JMOHO....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I have a plan and a bug out bag if thats what your getting at. I am still looking for alternative locations for my base of operations when TSHTF.

I am not going to hide in a bunker, but I have a deep cave to go to if needs be.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Um, no. I'm not ready.

I won't be ready until I buy a discarded missle silo, have 2 gennies, 18 months of food stocked, booze, smokes, medical supplies, gas,and reading material.

Oh, Charmin extra soft also.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I hope you have more than just a bag to go with...if you have to bug out.
I hope you have a place better than a cave to call home also.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't think you're ready till you understand the simple difference between your and you're.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i started eating my over stock...lol

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
about 65% i'd say, not perfect, but i'd survive just from my ambition alone. where theres a will, theres a way.

I have some plans, and backup plans for those plans, and a contingency plan for all my backups.

and if I die in the end, it will probably be worth it since i'll have lived a sweet life up until my last moment.

just don't lose your head, stay calm, consistent and always have a goal in mind.

I would have to agree with you and think/ hope that I would be able to get by using my wit and skills.
Do I think it will happen? No Not really, but with the economy as bad as it is, we could all be struggling to get by and all be feeling like TSHTF for us as far as retirement...
I personally just like to do what I can for me to be able to get by now, while I can...incase something does happen and then it gets to be to late or the economy really craps hard and everything gets to high priced, to get what you need.
edit on 15-1-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We moved to our bug-out place a year ago. But the more I think about it, the more I believe that we're being fed this 2012 disaster idea from the powers that be and not from any ancient, knowledgeable source.

I mean, let's examine this for a minute. How did we all know about the year 2012 and the supposed "end of the world"? I don't know about y'all, but I learned about it from the History Channel, and then went youtube surfing to get even more freaked out.

Who owns the History Channel? The channel is owned by A&E Television Networks, a joint venture of Rogers Media, Disney-ABC Television Group (the Foxtel), and NBC Universal (Liberty Media and Shaw Media). Do you trust this lying conglomerate to really tell us the truth? If the Mayans really thought it was the end, they would have made the calendar linear and not round.

I do feel that this will be a rough year indeed, but I highly doubt it is the end of the world in the literal sense. I think it will be the year that the banks world-wide will be exposed as being insolvent and crooked. I think it will be the year they decide to kick off WWIII, to distract the world from the collapse of it's economy.

And I am ready for whatever the fates decide.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick
I don't think you're ready till you understand the simple difference between your and you're.

I am not an english major, nor do I care to be.
I have better things to do. it,its, it's, your, you're, can, can't, cannot...whatever.. if you don't get the point or wanna nit pick spelling...good for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I like your thinking on this

I have what I have...I hope it's all I need...because it's all I am getting..lol

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Not enough. Not even close. I just don't have the resources.

I don't know what will happen if anything this year, but I sure hope something does. I think if anything were to happen it would be a bad thing, possibly destruction, and not some cosmic change/enlightenment/move to higher density stuff that some espouse.

I actually hope that it is destruction.

I have a few questions. For those who are prepping, what do you think is going to happen? Are you prepared to live in the world after the event? Is being merely alive the goal in your survival plan?

Let's consider, for arguments sake, that aside from a global extinction level event, that the worst thing that could happen, would be for massive die offs, the total loss of technology(communication, petroleum production, electronic failure), and drastic climate/environmental changes worldwide. Perhaps a massive solar flare and accompanying EMP.

Considering the virtual disappearance of ethics and morality in modern civilization, and the barbaric nature of third world civilization and humanity in general, what aspect of life is worth living after any such event?

I personally have a hard time finding purpose and will to live in the world as it is now with all its conveniences. If anything, it is those conveniences that get me by. Having to exist and be apart of humanity as it consists today is all but physical torture.

The only way I can see really wanting to survive any 2012 disaster event, would be if one had the resources to essentially section off a large chunk of land they can become totally self sufficient on, in a home that could withstand any elemental event, and be fortified and stocked enough to withstand assaults and long term harsh climates, and have enough people to survive a few generations at a minimum. Outside of a government survival project, few people have such a capability. Surviving with a section of humanity in a government project, considering what the government and humanity is comprised of now, is far from desirable and IMO not even acceptable.

At best, all I can see being worth prepping for is short time (

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by saltdog

I won't be ready until I buy a discarded missle silo, have 2 gennies, 18 months of food stocked, booze, smokes, medical supplies, gas,and reading material.

Oh, Charmin extra soft also.

I don't have the silo, but I got the other stuff--including a closet full of Charmin!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I don't have the silo, but I got the other stuff--including a closet full of Charmin!

Where did you get your genies? I could sure use one (or three.)

I can think of a few wishes I would like to get in before the 2012 event.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The weekend I've just had made me respond to this one so here goes.
We all talk about being ready and knowing what we'd do and I myself have or at least thought I was ready but are we truly?
I'm doing a 100 km walk for Oxfam in May for Japan as I am in Japan and have been here 5 years although I'm actually British.
Anyway, my team and I started our training this weekend and walked a 25 km route on the flat just as the first starter for our training and I can tell you it's not easy. All these people that say even without a vehicle they would walk to their bug out locations or even just getting home will be in for a big shock.
Two of us found our clothing rubbed to the point of being extremely uncomfortable and the third destroyed his feet in 4.5 hours SO given that little experience all i'll say is maybe you might want to give something like this a little try ahead of the main event (if there is one) and make sure you are at least comfortable.
You also might want to think about getting fitter as well as I am by no stretch of the imagination unfit but the act of walking hard for a day or two will be alien to most people with their sedentary lifestyles so there is being prepared and there is being prepared...... think about it people!
I of course understand this depends on the type of SHTF situation but hey....... if you were without a vehicle..... you have no choice.
That aside have a great day ATS'ers

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by schuyler

Where did you get your genies? I could sure use one (or three.)

I can think of a few wishes I would like to get in before the 2012 event.

Cute. They are both diesel powered and burn less than half a gallon an hour. Diesel is relatively (to gasoline) easy to store and preserve, so if the grid goes out I can last a few months. My "bet" is not on a wholesale disaster, but on a disruption of supplies to a region. If we have a "really big" event I'm thinking I won't be caring much about what happens. It;s the mid-range stuff that would make things difficult.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join