It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Experience: San Francisco KPIX TV from September 1982?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm hoping someone can help me track down a 1982 documentary called The UFO Experience.
Here's a description of it from MUFON Journal October 1982:

"The UFO Experience" is an excellent hour-long documentary created by San Francisco TV station KPIX and shown on that station in September. It presents an overview of the UFO situation, and includes on camera Hynek, Klass, Lawson, Haines, and Schuessler. It selected four "typical" cases — the Shannon Davis case (a local «pilot sighting), the Del Duca "abduction," Cash/Landrum, and the New Zealand lights.

Peter Coyote, who played the part of a UFO investigator in the movie "E.T.," served as host. Ron Lakis, the producer, avoided the sensationalism sometimes seen in UFO programs, and insisted on keeping the show serious and credible, for the average viewer as well as for those more knowledgeable about the subject. For example, he included Lawson's work on a psychological basis for "abduction" stories -without mentioning his birth trauma hypothesis, feeling that BT might not seem credible to the average viewer in the brief time devoted to Lawson on the program. —Robert Wanderer "

Besides the notable UFOlogists mentioned above, Bill Moore was also involved along his MJ-12 partners:

"In the late spring of 1982, [William] Moore was hired by KPIX-TV, in San Francisco, as a consultant for a UFO special. In June, Moore brought Jaime Shandera (a television producer) and Stanton Friedman (nuclear physicist and UFO lecturer) into his research efforts. Moore supplied KPIX-TV with a copy of the Project Aquarius Document."
from Watch The Skies! by Curtis Peebles

I searched for this program, but the above was about all I could find on it. I'm primarily interested in this show because its coverage of the Cash-Landrum case. This seems like a significant piece of UFO history that should be made available. I'd love to see this program. If you have more information on The UFO Experience, or know where to find a copy, please post details.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

I've checked through the free documentaries thread by mcrom901 and can't find it there but here's the link if you want to look for yourself , you might find something else of interest .
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-1-2012 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Howdy CD, I saw your post on Dalbeck's thread and had a look for the program.

I drew a blank.

A few months back, there was a similarly *missing* video (in a thread I wrote) and an ATSer (Greyer) found it. This reassures me that if the video is out there, someone will find it.

YT and Googlevids are frequently uploaded with titles that appeal to the uploader or are designed for maximum attention...chances are the video is in the wild with a new title.

Nice work on the blog too.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't see it either, but the Cash Landrum case is pretty much a confirmed event, one ex-military has said it was his charge and covers the black helicopters they were in along with the craft. The radiation burns were also confirmed, along with the reasoning as to why the son wasn't so badly affected burned etc

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Dang, I had no idea someone legitimate had admitted US military involvement in the Cash-Landrum case. Please post further details in the current thread on the case:
An in-depth (re)view of the Cash/ Landrum case

I'm interested to see the information from the primary witnesses and investigtors as close to the event date as possible. The UFO Experience is a prime example, but there were also local TV news shows in Texas. Getting ahold of them is going to be an even bigger trick, I reckon.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

CardDown, good luck with finding the documentary, it states at the Blueblurrylines blogspot below that two other key video documents are also missing about the case.

Several key video documents of the Cash-Landrum UFO case are missing, chiefly:

"Good Morning America" (ABC TV) 1981

“That's Incredible!'" ABC-TV/Alan Landsburg Productions, (filmed July, 11, 1981) broadcast November, 16, 1981. Features Vickie Landrum hypnotized, also appearing: Colby Landrum, Betty Cash, Dr. Leo Sprinkle and John Schuessler.

"The UFO Experience" September 1982, an hour-long documentary created by San Francisco TV station KPIX. Discusses the case- no further information

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks, Karl. Here's some other information about the "The UFO Experience" film and how it relates to the infamous Project Aquarius/ Paul Bennewitz case:
UFO Cover-up: What the Government Won't Say
By Bill Fawcett, Lawrence Fawcett, Barry J. Greenwood

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
More lost Cash-Landrum video, in this case, never aired:

Dr. J. Allen Hynek in Flying Saucer Review Vol 28, no. 3, 1983
talking about NOVA presentation “The Case of the UFOs” which launched the 1982-83 NOVA season on Oct. 12.

A few examples of some of the material that had been taped and then deliberately omitted: Walt Andrus informs us that when John Groom (the BBC producer) was in Houston, he taped more than two reels of an interview with John Schuessler at the site of the very excellent Cash-Landrum case; none of this was used.

He goes on to describe the other material cut and how the program was slanted towards debunking. That original unused footage of Dr. Hynek and the others would be quite a prize if it could be located.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CardDown

I'm hoping someone can help me track down a 1982 documentary called The UFO Experience.

-snip-

For now I was able to track only one portion here:

(relevant portion from 12:55).

It is interesting that it was narrated by Peter Coyote who also narrated Out of the Blue (actor most famous from his role of Keys from Spielberg's ET (1982).

If anyone has complete copy, contact me over PM if you are interested to trade. Another one that is missing from my collection and that is on my wish list is a classic documentary "Searching for UFOs". This is one clip from that one:

Best Wishes.

UFOradio
ufoprintclip.x10.mx...

edit on 20-6-2012 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by uforadio

Uforadio, fantastic post, many thanks for sharing that video

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

Thanks very much for posting that. I was unaware of the Cash-Landrum material in the HBO special, so that was a real treat. Please let me know if you have any other vintage material on that case.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CardDown

Thanks very much for posting that. I was unaware of the Cash-Landrum material in the HBO special, so that was a real treat. Please let me know if you have any other vintage material on that case.

Hi CardDown.

I have a huge collection of UFO documentaries and UFO radio shows. The bad news is that I am still indexing my list. The process is slow as I am all over the place. Although I do know that there are some Cash-Landrum references in those documentaries, it is impossible to recall all of them off-hand. However, I will keep your request in mind and when ever I recall or discover relevant portion I will post the reference. Maybe the good start would be to let me know from your archives what are the videos that you already have so I could check the best possible suspects that you don't have.

Best Wishes.

edit on 20-6-2012 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I sent you a PM about the Cash-Landrum clips I've been able to find. For anyone else interested, there's a collection of them at
blueblurrylines.blogspot.com...

I managed to find one of the special effects guys on the KPIX piece, and he told me he'd make a copy of the program for me. It's been a few months now, so I'll have to gently remind him. If he ever comes through, I'll try to find a way to share it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks CardDown.

It is a very good collection and those I also have. I just figured out that we also posted independently at the thread at that other forum where you have different nick but same icon. Small world indeed

I will give a fast look from time to time for the documentaries released after 1980 to see can I discover anything new, and I will also try to locate radio shows on the same note. Alhough, my fist search revealed there are no radio shows with the episode as "Cash-Landrum", good possibility is that shows that had such references are those where John F. Schuessler is interviewed, so I will try to search those. I will also check my good collection of old UFO journalst on that note. After I find anything new I will report and send you a PM.

Best Wishes.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

There is no MJ-12, that is a disinformation, sucessfully spread by such like you. Don't mention this name ever, pls.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Stay tuned- more news coming soon- I hope!
edit on 30-6-2012 by CardDown because: correction

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I contacted Peter Gersten, suspecting he had a copy of the entire "The UFO Experience" program. He did, and now he's posted it in its entirety:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't know about the KPIX special, but the one that was on KTLA TV in L.A. hosted by Mike Farrell is on YouTube in several parts, many of which are with anonymous witnesses. But here's my favorite segment, with two very pro-saucer former Blue Book officers, one of which in all his years as a debunker never admited to having been part of a multiple-witness military sighting (as the bomber pilot with a crew of five who followed a daylight disc) in 1955 until asked point-blank on TV by Merv Griffen in 1978 if he had ever had a personal sighting, a question reporters too often fail to ask of these guys (even though virtually all USAF officers are pilots!). In this segment, Mike asks him again, already knowing the answer, of course.

This is one of several parts. You can pick up the rest by copying and pasting the title.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Peter Gersten has kindly posted the rare 1985 HBO documentary
UFOs: What's Going On?, in its entirety.

edit on 9-7-2012 by CardDown because: spelling

top topics

join