It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel old?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What age do you think is the beginning of being old?

I'm in my twenties. I've seen so many things, gone through a few years of alcoholism and smoking like there's no tomorrow.

I have to say i feel old.

How about you?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zaintdead

wELCOME.

Age 48.
Injuries. Implants. Artificial joints.

Still young.

Buck up l'il camper, it gets worse.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm 52 and actually feel more sad than old. I suppose at every age there are good and bad times that we all have. Sadly, I know people younger than me who have more problems than I do. Just keep hope and just try to make the best of it all.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Im 23,
And i feel sad, and old.

It feels like i've been on this planet for 200 years, and now i just want off the rollercoaster and go to some peace and quiet, haha.

for the most part i'm happy, feel young, but my lifestyle leaves a lot to be desired in the 'energy' department

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I felt the same when i was 22. Can't imagine another 20 years.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaintdead
reply to post by AzureSky

I felt the same when i was 22. Can't imagine another 20 years.

I know right?
It feels almost hopeless sometimes. Today is worse than other days, most days i can ignore it and go on with my daily life.
But sometimes i'm like "I got 20 to possibly 60 more years of this crap? Can i sign out early?"

Note: Its not a personal thing really, its a 'This, world, sucks' thing.
edit on 15/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I expect in another 20 years I will feel old, but I keep putting it off. Every time I get too bad, keep smiling and go build something, get a joint replacement as the joint wears out and keep the sparks going with a pretty wife. This summer, I expect I will build a housboat for the future and that brings me joy. Oh, did I mention, I am 73 and have to get going and prepare the sailboat for it's daily run.

Stay active, I ran several miles per day until I was 49, but then was crushed under a collapsing concrete building as a fire fighter which messed up the body, slowed me down and still I don't feel old yet.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm 61 years young. Life is more exciting than ever for me. I have traveled many roads, and even though I've picked up thorns on some of them. They have all been roads these feet needed to journey on.

With passage of time, comes real life experience. Knowledge is a powerful tool in steering one's ship.

When I was very young, I thought a pond was the ocean. When I was middle age I thought the sky was the limits.

Now, that I'm young...again....I know the ocean and sky are just part of the journey.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I just turned 30... and I feel old.

I am busy all the time between kids and school.. so I am always at least a little bit tired.

And the being tired is what makes me feel old.

new topics

top topics

join