It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Big Cat killed in my area.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
(Probably wrong forum, if so would a mod please move.)
So around 4 last night me and some friends were driving around the backroads of rural La. 4:20 to be exact.. :3
Well we take a corner fast, and slam into something running across the road. the car was alright, but the animal had died. Based on the impact, we assumed it was a deer, but were surprised to find this...
(First time trying to embed link, sorry if it fails.)

here is link to picture.
s574.photobucket.com...
Anyways, it was about 5-6 feet long. we have bobcats around here, but this one didn't have the regular tail and was huge.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Interesting I suppose, but what does a dead bobcat have to do with UFOs?

That doesn't look like 5-6 feat either.
edit on 14-1-2012 by ItsAnOddFuture because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Aww, poor kitty. Looks like it was a beauty too.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Clearly an alien.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

near my area we have panthers that escaped from the zoo years ago and are now breeding in the wild

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What a beautiful cat!

I used to trap them in my younger years...when they were worth something...now it's too much work and doesn't pay like it did in the 80's.

Odd to hit one with a auto though...they are usually a little more elusive than that and stay away from roads...and certainly the sound of a motor.

edit on 14-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

I live in Alabama, and a friend showed me a pic from his deer cam of a huge cougar (mountain lion) carrying a buck in his mouth across a field. These cats are not known for being in the South East... but this is not the first account I have seen. I wonder if they are being forced to find new territory or something else is going on...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Bobcat just a very large one.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Looks more like a cross between a bobcat and a domestic cat.
Anyone know if that's possible?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Looks more like a cross between a bobcat and a domestic cat.
Anyone know if that's possible?

Yes, they are called Pixie-Bobs...I have one. She was found in the loft of a barn at about 5 weeks old...she is now 7 years old. Has the bob tail, and rufus fur of the bobcat. Not large a cat. Confirmed by my vet.

Pixie-Bobs resemble bobcats in many ways, from a muscular, rangy body with a woolly coat standing up from the body, and adorned with the signature spotting pattern in a light tan to rufus coloring, to the medium-wide, inverted pear-shaped face, to lynx-tipped ears. The tail is short, a minimum of two inches, and is carried low. The Pixie-Bob is one of the few breeds that allows polydact toes in its standards, with a maximum of seven toes.

cats.about.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the info, I didn't know if the cross was possible. Wasn't sure how closely they were related. That's an interesting cross. Is the cross fertile. Or like many hybrids is it infertile?

Does the picture in the op resemble your cat. I thought that the cat in the pic was a bobcat at first, but the head is completely wrong from any bobcat I have ever seen. It's too small, should be much larger with longer fur on it.

edit on 1/15/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the info, I didn't know if the cross was possible. Wasn't sure how closely they were related. That's an interesting cross. Is the cross fertile. Or like many hybrids is it infertile?

Does the picture in the op resemble your cat. I thought that the cat in the pic was a bobcat at first, but the head is completely wrong from any bobcat I have ever seen. It's too small, should be much larger with longer fur on it.

edit on 1/15/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

Yes. there are breeders of Pixie-Bobs. The kits are quite expensive from the well known breeders. My little girl is not that big, But, she did have neurological problems, vet said due to the cross of her genes. Had to have four of her teeth pulled due to mouth deciding to offset at about 10 months old. My vet did some research with his colleagues and found that neurological problems are the biggest issue with this cross.

My little girl looks exactly like a miniature Bobcat. Her temperament is skittish and quick to hide if a stranger is over to my home. She is very affectionate, but only on her terms. I love her...and am glad I took her as a kitten when a neighbor found her in their barn as a baby....

new topics

top topics

join