It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the GOP finally taking Ron Paul seriously ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well they have been insulting Ron Paul and his supporters non stop.

It finally dawned on them that the movement has grown so much that they cannot defeat Obama without us.

All of a sudden, they have started to back down.

They also know that this level of support (around 20%) has the makings for a real anti-establishment movement which could and hopefully will change politics in America forever.

edit on 15-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equ1noxevery time you post you just prove to every person reading this thread just how stupid you are, please carry on

I am fully aware of the fact that common sense and a scientific mind on here perceives one to be stupid and brainwashed by the major fringe elements on this site. Thankfully, the opposite is true in real life and the majority of those posting here are considered to be the stupid and brainwashed ones.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos

Originally posted by Equ1noxevery time you post you just prove to every person reading this thread just how stupid you are, please carry on

I am fully aware of the fact that common sense and a scientific mind on here perceives one to be stupid and brainwashed by the major fringe elements on this site. Thankfully, the opposite is true in real life and the majority of those posting here are considered to be the stupid and brainwashed ones.

lol thanks for proving my point yet again

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AacesFinally, "vast material and resource gains". This may actually be your strongest argument. However, I think you forget one of your lessons from preschool, SHARING. As I believe I've well proven to anyone with two functioning hemispheres, war is counter-productive to the survival and perfection of the human genome. So, if we decided to form a world government and distribute resources as needed, we wouldn't need to WASTE resources on the perfection and manufacturing of your beloved war devices.

Did you just implicitly call a world government a good thing? I cannot take you seriously after that, and I'm sure most here would agree. Everyone here who supports Ron Paul is against the extreme leftist liberal idea of a "world government", and the majority of people would never tolerate such a fascist regime and would quickly overthrow it.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The military industrial complex is good for this country, as we've generated just as much from the taxes of the millions of professional Americans employed by private contractors such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, etc
reply to post by Diablos

Yes war is big business, killing keeps the bombs coming out of the factories, death and destruction is good.
You my friend are nothing more than an agent of the system. The wars waged in the last fifty years have cost more in money and life than anything we've ever gained.
Your pathetic attempt to convince anyone but yourself that war is good is laughable at best.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obelisk67

The military industrial complex is good for this country, as we've generated just as much from the taxes of the millions of professional Americans employed by private contractors such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, etc
reply to post by Diablos

Yes war is big business, killing keeps the bombs coming out of the factories, death and destruction is good.
You my friend are nothing more than an agent of the system. The wars waged in the last fifty years have cost more in money and life than anything we've ever gained.
Your pathetic attempt to convince anyone but yourself that war is good is laughable at best.

The fact you support Ron Paul is laughable at best.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Originally posted by Obelisk67

reply to post by Diablos

The fact you support Ron Paul is laughable at best.

Where in my post did I say anything about supporting Ron Paul? Wow you guys are weak minded.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NucleardoomMilitary support for Paul is simple. Quit fighting these wars we can't afford, and shouldn't be involved in anyways. Wars based on weapons of mass destruction LIES. That is one really expensive lie huh? The troops are sick of it, and Paul supports this so naturally they will support him. They know when signing up they took an oath to protect the country from threats, not to be provoking foreign wars for oil, drugs, pipelines or anything else they can pillage for profit. When your on your 6th deployment in Afghanistan you might have a clue as to why he has such strong military support.

I'm sorry, but WAR is good for this country. I'm sick and tired of lolbertarians bashing our DoD and war efforts. War creates millions of jobs and the defence contracting industry is one of the only industries that has kept American jobs here. Ron Paul wants to slash funding for it and in the process millions of middle class professionals will be unemployed not to mention the fact that our top notch national security will also be compromised.

You couldn't possibly have been serious when you made that statement
Anyone "okay" with the idea of killing innocent children, innocent women and innocent men in the name of making a "$", needs some serious psychological help. Where do you get off praising war for the sake of employment? People like you make me sick to my stomach
What a loser...grow up

I'm guessing that when you get out of school, you will be one of the first to go sign up for the position of "Frontliner"
Definition of Frontliner, let me know how that works out for you

That statement is as ridiculous as when Santorum said the following:

US Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has callously described the assassination of Iranian scientists as "wonderful," threatening that those who work for Iran's nuclear program "are not safe."

"On occasion, scientists working on the nuclear program in Iran turn up dead. I think that's a wonderful thing, candidly," said Rick Santorum addressing an election campaign in Greenville, South Carolina.

He added that, "I think we should send a very clear message that if you are a scientist from Russia, North Korea, or from Iran and you are going to work on a nuclear program to develop a bomb for Iran, you are not safe."

Santorum claimed that while Iran is "in the process of developing a nuclear weapon, it appears obvious to me that the [US] administration is doing little to nothing."

"We have done it; we have done it for American citizens. We are concerned when someone is producing a nuclear bomb that can be dropped on the state of Israel or provides a nuclear shield for a country which spreads terrorism with impunity and changes the face of the world," he said.

Santorum's remarks come as yet another Iranian scientist, Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan, was assassinated on January 11 in Iran's capital, Tehran....

edit on 1/15/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You are talking to people that LOVE a man they never met and believe he is the savior of our world all while not one of them can explain what he has done or will do that is so great. Brainwashed is a nice way of putting it from what I can see.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Littikani

The exact same thing can be said of Obama, or ANY presidential candidate that garners populist support. Obama supporters in the 2008 Election make the crazier Ron Paul supporters look like they're in a coma! I've yet to see a Ron Paul supporter sobbing at an event, like he's Mother Teresa.

I had no idea Obama was going to sign a bill that allows for the indefinite detention of US citizens with no due process, or that he'd go to war to overthrow Libya.

Which proves the point that elections are a joke; every president will have a continuity of agenda despite what they say (lie) in elections.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

National defense is a different concept than war. And yes there are some sick people that also happen to be very smart. But I wouldn't expect you to know any of this, being so far removed from actual reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani

You are talking to people that LOVE a man they never met and believe he is the savior of our world all while not one of them can explain what he has done or will do that is so great. Brainwashed is a nice way of putting it from what I can see.
Nice generalizations. nice assumptions. Nice disparagement of people you don't know. Clearly you are the superior intellect here, since your position is so strong you have no need to use actual facts or reasonable arguments. Keep spewing your nonsense, , I like being able to tell who can have an adult conversation and who can't from a quick glance.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Question for the anti-Ron Paul crowd: if Ron Paul is so ridiculous and has such a slim chance of being elected, then how has he managed to have a political career since the 70's, which is long before many ATSers (including me) were even born?

Follow-up question: do you actually know anything about Ron Paul, or are you just judging him by his fanboys? I imagine you are lazy just like almost everyone else, myself included, so here is a link to his wikipedia page en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a bonus fact, also courtesy of wikipedia:
The etymology of the term 'hippie' is from hipster... Both the words "hip" and "hep" came from African American culture and denote "awareness"

So yes many of Ron Paul's supporters are indeed "hippies" insofar as they are aware that Ron Paul is the only one serving up truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
reply to post by Diablos

I guess the support he gets from the troops along with million of citizens is proof to support your claims. I'd rather have a senile (which he is not) old man instead of a plastic used car salesman running this country. Romney is a complete joke, what jackass would support that corporate cardboard cutout?

Can I ask you an honest question. Do you think the troops are the most informed group of people in America? Being placed half a world away and given state run radio to listen to, while fighting a war, why do people assume that what the troops want is what is best? They are a tad busy and a tad removed. Just asking. If you are going to attack instead of respond then I probably won't come back here.

Pretty funny. State run radio? I don't know what year you are stuck in but if you are referring to AFN they play a variety of news, from all kinds of sources. Nobody listens to that much anyway with a little thing called satellite and internet radio. We have the internet, facebook, and youtube just like everyone else. I think someone has been watching one too many war movies and too much Bill'O.

I think the guys getting shot at every day have a pretty 'non-removed' idea about endless war and failed foreign policy and they probably don't like it. We, my colleagues and I, love the Constitution of the United States and we love Ron Paul. We aren't just some little ignorant bugs the richers send out to fight their wars. So as far as you being informed on the modern military I guess we don't fit into your little box and it sounds like we exist way outside your monkeysphere.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Wow all I have to say is you quoted Rick Santorum that proves my point.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagnificent
So yes many of Ron Paul's supporters are indeed "hippies" insofar as they are aware that Ron Paul is the only one serving up truth.

Truth?
Who wrote his newsletters that he made millions off of?
Hint: The answer should be in the form of a persons name.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooberson3
Pretty funny. State run radio? I don't know what year you are stuck in but if you are referring to AFN they play a variety of news, from all kinds of sources.

Specifically chosen by the government for you. Tell me I am wrong and prove it.

Nobody listens to that much anyway with a little thing called satellite and internet radio. We have the internet, facebook, and youtube just like everyone else. I think someone has been watching one too many war movies and too much Bill'O.

First of all, I do not watch Bill. How the hell do you even put me in that category? WOW.
Second, youtube and facebook? Are you serious? That is where you "learn" about Ron Paul from the middle east?
Sorry but that is just too funny.
Show me an intelligent person that considers youtube and facebook credible sources of valid information.

I think the guys getting shot at every day have a pretty 'non-removed' idea about endless war and failed foreign policy and they probably don't like it.

Right, that is not what I suggested they were removed from though. Reading is your friend.

We, my colleagues and I, love the Constitution of the United States and we love Ron Paul. We aren't just some little ignorant bugs the richers send out to fight their wars. So as far as you being informed on the modern military I guess we don't fit into your little box and it sounds like we exist way outside your monkeysphere.

That was a lot of words to say nothing.
I dont know what the # a monkeysphere is and I am not FOX news watcher. Try all over again.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
WOOOHOOOO!! Ron Paul for President! That man has what it takes to get things done babe!! He has my and my whole familys vote!!! HAHAHAHAHA! All you haters need to grow up and just accept the fact that your not going to run this country anymore! No more! Time for a new era of change!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
Nice generalizations. nice assumptions. Nice disparagement of people you don't know.

Wrong. I have been talking with these people to the point of exhaustion. I know more than enough to make my assessment. I can back it up with post after post of praise with no facts.

Clearly you are the superior intellect here, since your position is so strong you have no need to use actual facts or reasonable arguments.

What is my position?

Keep spewing your nonsense, , I like being able to tell who can have an adult conversation and who can't from a quick glance.

What nonsense?
I like actually having an adult conversation but all I got from you was a lie filled angry rant.
See if you can find these things and make your post real.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NucleardoomMilitary support for Paul is simple. Quit fighting these wars we can't afford, and shouldn't be involved in anyways. Wars based on weapons of mass destruction LIES. That is one really expensive lie huh? The troops are sick of it, and Paul supports this so naturally they will support him. They know when signing up they took an oath to protect the country from threats, not to be provoking foreign wars for oil, drugs, pipelines or anything else they can pillage for profit. When your on your 6th deployment in Afghanistan you might have a clue as to why he has such strong military support.

I'm sorry, but WAR is good for this country. I'm sick and tired of lolbertarians bashing our DoD and war efforts. War creates millions of jobs and the defence contracting industry is one of the only industries that has kept American jobs here. Ron Paul wants to slash funding for it and in the process millions of middle class professionals will be unemployed not to mention the fact that our top notch national security will also be compromised.

That statement you made is evil in so many ways, human life is more important then your war machine.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join