It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to the body during and OBE?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. I feel like there is a certain amount of fear that plays into the experience for me. Anticipation is always there too. My heart races any time I feel like I'm making progress, and I think that prevents me from taking the next step. Although, it's funny, I did have an OBE while in my dream one time. I had gotten really far earlier that day, but didn't succeed while awake. When I was in the dream I started feeling that same tingling and somewhat vibrating feeling and recognized it was a possible precursor to an OBE. So, this time, I recognized that I had to simply let go and let it happen. The next thing I know (in my dream I was laying down) I'm slipping right out of my body like I'm on a slide and out my feet. I looked around for a bit and was definitely in control and at least lucid dreaming and very soon I woke up. When I woke up I still had the tingling/vibrating/"good" feeling going. The same as in my dream. It was definitely a fun experience.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Also, does anyone ever feel that extremely warm rather comfortable feeling in their entire body soon after attempting an OBE?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Okay, so, last night I was attempting an OBE/meditating in general. At first I felt the typical warm relaxing feeling flowing through my body, yet not quite all encompassing. After my first attempt, I needed to calm down because my heart was racing so I was brought out of the meditation a bit. On the second attempt I started feeling this cold tingling energy flowing all through me. On the third and final attempt (because I'm trying to ease my scared body into the event so it doesn't make my heart beat quite as wildly) I felt this soothing, yet invigorating, cool energy encompass my entire body, even the backside of my body which I normally don't feel. I heard a high pitched sound that sounded somewhat like a binaural beat that I have never heard before, and I actually felt the vibrating that everyone talks about. It was the strangest feeling though, the cool sensation as opposed to the warm that I typically feel. I would also like to add that I was having some minor aches from having been standing all day at work and some nasal passages that were stuffy. As soon as the cool soothing energy started up in my body my nasal passages cleared right up, and I felt no more aches. Has anyone else felt this cool soothing energy while meditating? I know it was a good energy, not something bad like a spirit trying to control me or something, but I also don't know much more than that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acedrew89
So, this has been bugging me for quite some time now. For those of you who have had OBE's, how did you feel safe leaving your body to regulate itself?

When I was a kid back in the dark ages of UK dentistry, the anaesthesia used was gas (horrible). Once I found myself up near the ceiling looking down at the dentist working. I watched as he cranked the chair back. Then wham I was back. I told my mother about it afterwards and she didn't believe me.

I don't remember any alarm or indeed any thought processes at all. And I certainly don't remember making an effort to 'get back'. I just 'was' if that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

That's really interesting! I had a similar event when I went under for my tonsils to be removed. I was under and instantly was watching the doctor work on me. The next thing I know I'm waking up with flashes of pictures and trying to wake up after the surgery. It was a wild experience.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join