It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to the body during and OBE?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So, this has been bugging me for quite some time now. For those of you who have had OBE's, how did you feel safe leaving your body to regulate itself? How does the body continue to function when you, the guiding soul, leave? Is it just so relaxed that it needs almost nothing but the shallow breaths it is already inhaling to stay alive? Does the soul not completely leave the body, some staying behind to help regulate things?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acedrew89
So, this has been bugging me for quite some time now. For those of you who have had OBE's, how did you feel safe leaving your body to regulate itself? How does the body continue to function when you, the guiding soul, leave? Is it just so relaxed that it needs almost nothing but the shallow breaths it is already inhaling to stay alive? Does the soul not completely leave the body, some staying behind to help regulate things?

I could say it is relaxing and that it is not relaxing both would be correct in my case. The first time I did not feel safe at all and I pulled my soul back into my body after that I realised that I could come back anytime I did become afaird. The body functions just like you would expect it. When you are consiously aware and in your body you are not telling it to breath it just is the same thing when you are not aware of your body or out of it. I would say the soul is never in the body anymore then it always is.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The heart and breathing are involuntary functions aren't they? Meaning that we don't need to tell ourselves to stay alive. Like when you get knocked unconscious you usually don't stop breathing.

I believe the "silver cord" is what's said to keep us connected to our bodies during an OBE. This allows us to jump instantly back into our bodies when needed. Maybe this is also the connection that keeps our bodies going when our soul is absent?

Here's a quick link I found about the Silver Cord.

Silver Cord
edit on 14-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have found that the body or at least the emotional part of the brain mirrors the emotions of the astral or soul or what ever I am when I am out. My wife now tries not to awaken me, as the body gets involved somewhat when things git dicey when out and her trying to wake me, brings me back. Thus, we are still connected so no worry there. However, recently, things got a little crazy and she had a hard time bringing me back and I had a hard time connecting. As she told me later, "you were just not there any longer and it took a lot to get you back".

Also when out, we are not so damn wise, we still art part of our normal selves. An event of a week or so ago was, I found myself beside my bed being faced with the large face of a monster which scared the crap out of me, causing me to try and get into my body which took some time due to the panic. Turned out, when I described it to my wife later, she pointed out the large Aztec mask on the wall across from our bed which is what I confronted that night. Understand it was dark and I see by the glow of the molecules from matter, somewhat greenish, thus the distortion and making the mask surrealistic and frightening even though it is humorous looking back on it.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

Autonomic nervous system takes over. You don't want anyone messing with you when you are in that state.

Thanks for bringing it up, I found this and thought I would share it with you all. It is not about OOBEs but may lend some insight or food for thought.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

There is nothing to Fear.. never was... unless you are controlled by Belief.

The Soul does not leave the body during OBE. Why? Because the Soul is far too massive to be "in" the body.. only a very small portion of Soul empowers the body being worn.

What leaves the physical body during OBE is a very limited sublte energy "body" which you use to move your awareness around.

This astral body is still connected to your physical body with an umbilical cord-like strand of energy called the Silver Chord... it's a weird looking thing.. not really a structure as such but more a conduit of energy that appears almost pearly milky white.

When in OBE, a part of your awareness simply expands out from the physical body.. using the astral energy body.. and your physical body remains in a normally calm state of sleep.. which is when we all OBE naturally.

When having OBE while awake and aware through meditation, etc, the same process is in play, and your physical body is resting well.. and, it is within it's own natural form of 'protection'.. for want of a better word to use there.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Okay, cool. Thank you to everyone who posted. I appreciate it. I was curious, and now I think I feel a bit safer trying to delve into this whole thing.

One other question I have is; What is your vision like during an OBE? Is it similar to visualization when you try to imagine/picture something in your mind, or is it more akin to using your eyes in everyday life?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

Autonomic nervous system takes over. You don't want anyone messing with you when you are in that state.

Thanks for bringing it up, I found this and thought I would share it with you all. It is not about OOBEs but may lend some insight or food for thought.

en.wikipedia.org...

I suffered this disorder when I was 18 years old and it was so disturbing I started thinking about ending it and checking out. I thank God it eventually went away. There is NO way I could live like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I am pretty well experienced in the OBE experience. The body is in deep sleep, and the Spirit body, along with your conciousness is connected by a very thin silver thread to the body. You would be surprised at how little Spirit it takes to keep a body alive.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That's pretty intriguing. I didn't realize you could sort of split/stretch the soul like that. Would this lead to a potential to control more than one body (obviously not in a morbid way, more like could two people who feel so incredibly connected actually be influenced by one soul?)?

Also, how would you describe your vision while in an OBE state? Is it like "normal", everyday vision, or more like mentally visualizing something?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That's pretty intriguing. I didn't realize you could sort of split/stretch the soul like that. Would this lead to a potential to control more than one body (obviously not in a morbid way, more like could two people who feel so incredibly connected actually be influenced by one soul?)?

Also, how would you describe your vision while in an OBE state? Is it like "normal", everyday vision, or more like mentally visualizing something?

In an OBE state vision is completely normal, without the normal 3D blinders, that is. It is not just a mental visualization, there have been times when I had to crawl back into my body, and times I have been slammed back into my body. The first destination is always pure will, but after that you have no control, you just kind of drift. I have seen many things not of this Earth, been aboard Alien spacecraft, and been to places where I was not welcome at all. I never "learned" to do this, it has always been a part of me. Like a great many other things normal people do not have. I cannot explain the mechanics of it, wish I could.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That's sounds really interesting. The more you talk about it, the more I want to try my best to explore this. I'm also glad to hear that vision is "normal". Since it comes naturally to you, do you have any advice as to what look out for that indicates an OBE is about to happen if I'm trying to induce one so I won't be quite as freaked out. I'm sure you get that question pretty frequently, so don't worry if you don't want to answer.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
The heart and breathing are involuntary functions aren't they? Meaning that we don't need to tell ourselves to stay alive. Like when you get knocked unconscious you usually don't stop breathing.

Correct!

I believe the "silver cord" is what's said to keep us connected to our bodies during an OBE. This allows us to jump instantly back into our bodies when needed. Maybe this is also the connection that keeps our bodies going when our soul is absent?

Silver Cord
edit on 14-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link, some really good information about the silver cord there.

I'm still working towards meditation at the moment, finding it very difficult to shut out my internal voice. Any suggestions guys?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I personally have never seen the so called "Silver Cord". I have looked for it but never spotted anything.

Personally when I have an OBE and I am consciously trying to do it I go through the "Buzzing state". I experience a rise in vibrations in the head area, almost like a very very fast shaking. At first this state was very uncomfortable for me and I stopped trying to consciously project, but now I have learned to relax and get through the state.

Shutting the internal voice can be a challenge at times, my first guided OBE was successful using a self-guided hypnosis audio from Barrie Konicov, from Potentials Unlimited, specifically for Astral Projection. The audio allowed me to distract my inner thoughts long enough to get to the desired state.

There are allot of OBE stories here on ATS and some really good information, just do a search.

Good luck to you!

RT
edit on 16-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Well, I do wear a Talisman at all times, charged for protection, and I always ask the Father and Mother for their protection before proceeding. One must lose ego, and go without fear in your heart. Some Energy Beings feed on your fear, and can make horrific images in your mind if you are afraid. Don't be afraid, and go forth and explore.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Hey, auto, I have a question for you. Ever since I was a little girl, I have had from time to time a strange "expanding head" sensation, which now at 50+ years I can summon up at will. Like I'm bigger than my body...like my awareness is up above and surrounding my skull...

I've asked lots of other people if they've felt that and no one I've talked to has been able to say "yes."

I'm wondering if this is a latent OBE ability....when it happens is randomly (unless I focus on feeling it), one of my earliest memories of it I was simply emptying the dryer in the basement of our house, age about 11 or so?

Is this the aura? It's like being aware that my consciousness is not 'contained' within my skull, but expansive.

I've tried, but never had an OBE like those I read about; nevertheless, I believe my dreams are exactly that: OBE to another dimension. Not to a distant place in the physical now, but to a parallel reality that has its own unique set of places, characters, abilities, accidents, achievements, etc.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hey WildTimes,

I have that same exact feeling. I love it. I can't say that it ever happens on accident for me, but I can concentrate just a little bit and make it happen. I feel like I can "feel" everything around me in a 360 degree setting. It's sort of like having a bubble of awareness that I can expand or contract. Have you ever tried to pull it smaller until it is only around your body? You'll realize that it is slightly expanded at all times, or at least I did. It feels weird to pull it in, but when I do I also feel more energetic and concentrated in every sense of the word. It also makes me feel a bit tense.

Also, I'm in the same boat as you having not remembered having an OBE (although I may have had one when I was younger and had surgery, but I can't tell if it's a memory or not. Plus it is really brief.).

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Interesting! Thanks for your response....
when it happens, I don't exactly feel like I have 360 awareness, just that I am bigger than me....mine doesn't get huge, like to fill the room, it just sort of is like ....here, let me try it.....sort of .. like I'm coming out of my skull maybe a foot or two, in all directions...
not that I have "eyes" in the back of my head, but just, yeah, like my awareness is outside of my head, beyond my hair...above me.. past my ears.....
a "me" that is not just contained within the "me" that I bathe and dress.
Does that make sense?

I love it, too, btw

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah, exactly! I definitely don't just straight up see everything around me, but I can sense that it is there. Similar to echolocation, yet less refined. It does sound a little weird, and it's a somewhat subtle effect if you don't try to do it, so I can see why you don't know anyone else who can feel it too. Personally, I'm just not brazen enough to talk about this stuff with my friends typically, so I'm not sure if any of them do. I do know that they all have tried, or try to, lucid dream so maybe. Mostly this is just about me, and I feel like I need to have something substantial that I can literally just stand in front of people and firmly say "I believe this because I have experienced it."

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Just reading your post triggered it again. It's like a force-field, an invisible part of me that oozes through the scalp and into the air...
wow. And no, I'm not smoking anything (but I've had a few beers)....it's something since childhood.

I've talked to only a few people about it. Last time (except for here) was to my boss at the time. She had at one time been a therapist/counselor. We got along very well, and understood one another. I asked her about it, described it to her, and she said, "Maybe it's happiness?"

I dunno.
oh well...one day we will all get it, brother!

w

top topics

<<   2 >>

join