It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge rejects GOP candidates' request to be added to Virginia ballot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Okay, the news is the news here...whether reported by Fox or not.

This is a rather interesting turn in this GOP race. Also interesting is Fox chose Perry to lead the article with.

This is going to make Virginia a head to head by default.

A federal judge has ruled that Rick Perry and three other Republican presidential candidates will not be added to Virginia's primary ballot.

The decision means -- for now, anyway -- that Perry, Rick Santorum, Jon Huntsman and Newt Gingrich will be left off the March 6 ballot after failing to meet a state requirement to collect 10,000 signatures in support of their respective campaigns.

Amazing what a group of avid supporters can do for your campaign eh?

Source
edit on 1/13/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/1/2012 by Sauron because: - internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This should really be good Romney vs. Paul ! Who would be the lesser of two evils ? Since that is how most Americans vote

Na, It will never happen. The others will be added.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Na, It will never happen. The others will be added.

I'm afraid that will happen as well. I guess time will tell.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I'd say it looks to be pretty set in stone. There's always the possibility of some higher-up pulling strings but it doesn't look like it's going to happen from this judge at least.

The four candidates "knew the rules in Virginia many months ago," the judge wrote in his ruling. "In essence, they played the game, lost, and then complained that the rules were unfair."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The Virginia primary is March 6. I would love to see a two man race, there is almost two months before that election. Do you really think TPTB would let that happen ?
They will find a judge who will step up and let the others in the race, watch and see.
What would happen if it was a two man race and Paul go 60 or 70% ?

edit on 13-1-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Thanks for the CNN link. The quote from the judge is great!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow, I'm surprised

It might be a two-man race by then anyway...we can only hope!

Thanks for the info!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
.What would happen if it was a two man race and Paul got 60 or 70% ?

This is what would happen. The anti-Romney would unite to defeat Romney. Anti-Romney is spread over other candidates. Some don't even like their candidates, they just don't like Romney. A Paul VS Romney primary would send shockwaves.

However, of course strings will be pulled.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I would really enjoy a head to head with Romney vs Ron to see how much harder Ron needs to work against to get better numbers. It will be a good judge of the future state primaries to get an accurate grasp.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Regardless of political affiliation or likes and dislikes, these candidates get what they deserve. It isn't like they didn't know! (I hope). They CHOSE to ignore the rules. This actually shows a lot about their character! Can't follow the rules in mainstream, what would they do in the white house?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

If this is how well they manage their campaigns, imagine what a bang up job they would do
being POTUS!!!
What is it that the police and courts always tell the common man? Ignorance of the law is no excuse! So it should apply to them as well. Or in their case, being lazy and not doing the minimum that they need to do.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interesting. RP supporters get lambasted for doing what we are supposed to do(support our candidate, loudly) of which there is no law against, I might add, yet these guys can't even get the necessary sigs to get on the ballot? Did they not even try?

Why do we get so much crap for doing what is expected to get a candidate elected? Where are the people that are supposed to get these sigs? Do they not have ANY grass roots movements going on?

These guys can't even do the necessary work to get on the ballot yet us RP supporters are the idiots, the kooks, the loonies. At least we can get our guy on the ballot.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
funny how they have the authority to make this decision, but when it comes to the eligibility issue its a whole different story.

top topics

join