It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seeks power to streamline government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Nearly a year after first pledging to make the federal government leaner and more efficient, President Obama on Friday asked Congress for greater power to shrink its size, starting with the merging of six major trade and commerce agencies whose overlapping programs often confuse businesses.

Mr. Obama asked lawmakers to grant him the “fast-track” authority to reorganize government, a power last held by President Reagan, with Congress given 90 days to take an up-or-down vote on his actions.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Zeig heil de Fuhrer Obama the largest expansion of Government power since FDR under this administration and now seeks more power tried time and time again to by pass congress and now nope Good enough I WANT MORE POWER Obama.

Interesting enough they just had to throw in Reagan funny how after Reagan the power was taken away for whatever reason is anyone's guess

Hey Obama want to shrink Government? there are over 100 million Americans getting paid with no benefit to Government 66 million on SS, 50 million on welfare,10 million on unemployment and medicare and medicaid account for the largest corruption and bloat of Government Agencies waste do not even come close.

The Fascist States of America is what we live in the Patriot Act,the NDAA,SOPA hell homeland security was following twitter during the NH primaries.

Zeig Heil for the fatherland.

edit on 13-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Seeing this speech on CNN this morning reminded me of Chancellor Palpetine talking about needing executive powers in order to get things done more efficiently.

edit on 13-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thats a good idea, give obama more power so he can destroy the country faster!

edit on 13-1-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Judging from your posts and threads here, you are an extremist right-winger, like the rest of them out there, who complain about Obama being all about 'big-government', and then when the guy discusses shrinking it, you right-wingers STILL find something to WHINE about.

This particullar President could acheive ANYTHING during his Presidency, and the right-winger extremists will ALWAYS complain about him. I guess that is why so many people view the right-wing as racists. No mater what this guy does, you all never stop complaining and whining.

And Social Security is TAKEN FROM OUR PAYCHECKS. It is not a free ride, and is OUR MONEY being RETURNED WHEN WE NEED IT. GET IT?????????!!!!!!!!!!

Dont be a buffoon just because you once replied to a post awhile ago saying you inherited a fortune and do not need SS like the REST of us who WORK FOR A LIVING. Our senors who WORKED THEIR ENTIRE LIVES PAYING FOR SS, FULLY DESERVE IT when they are too old to work.

Get over the right-wing extremist hate, and lack of compassion for our elders.

edit on 13-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah 6% people pay for 30 years adds up to a $1000 dollar check for the rest of their lives then those same people get deducted for their medicare benefits that happened in the private world they would call that fraud.

The more fraud when people get those benefits who have never worked a day in their lives and of course the way any insurance works is those people who do not use it pay for those who are.

Never mind that fraud and waste

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Judging from your posts and threads here, you are an extremist right-winger, like the rest of them out there, who complain about Obama being all about 'big-government', and then when the guy discusses shrinking it, you right-wingers STILL find something to WHINE about.

This particullar President could acheive ANYTHING during his Presidency, and the right-winger extremists will ALWAYS complain about him. I guess that is why so many people view the right-wing as racists. No mater what this guy does, you all never stop complaining and whining.

And Social Security is TAKEN FROM OUR PAYCHECKS. It is not a free ride, and is OUR MONEY being RETURNED WHEN WE NEED IT. GET IT?????????!!!!!!!!!!

Dont be a buffoon just because you once replied to a post awhile ago saying you inherited a fortune and do not need SS like the REST of us who WORK FOR A LIVING. Our senors who WORKED THEIR ENTIRE LIVES PAYING FOR SS, FULLY DESERVE IT when they are too old to work.

you sound like an Ignorant left winging sheeple. Social security goes into the general fund as stated in case law

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
For the people who have no clue how Social Security works and think they pay for it think agian.

You pay 6%
Employer pays 6%

Which means if a persons earns $30,000 a year the employer and you are paying $1,800 dollars each which equals $3,600 per year.

The average month Social Security Check is $1,000 which is $12,000 per year.

So people earn that check?

Complete pure Bs. waste and fraud.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

you sound like an Ignorant left winging sheeple. Social security goes into the general fund as stated in case law

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, sir, thats inaccurate to say the least as I DESPISE the left.

I despise the left and the right. So I call it as I see it without bias, unlike SOME of US here...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

He is not shrinking it, he is consolidating it, centralizing power. I am guessing that after Ron Paul suggested getting rid of a few govt agencies to reduce power, POTUS decided to beat him to the punch, only he is amassing power into fewer hands.
edit on 13-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I tend to like your posts neo......

The problem is you tend to pick sides like all the rest of "them".

I really do not think it matters anymore who is what and who does what................

The sooner that everybody realizes this, the better off we will be as a country.......

As for Obama, Bush, and whoever else "runs" this show,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing really ever changes.......ever.....

It is the same old rehashed arguments and finger pointing............

You do make good points, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it does'nt matter anyways.......

The next president, whether this year or in 4 more years, will not have a major impact on the big picture, it is all getting flushed because of corporate america.........

Damned if we, you, us, them do, damned if we, you, us, them don't......

The bickering will continue long after we are all gone anyways.......
edit on 13-1-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I find it laughable that the way our gov't does things that "streamlining" agencies would do anything other then the direct opposite of what is stated. Lets get rid of the batf ! The past two times anyone with a D next to their names has been president that agency does something extremely messed up! But just imagine what the consolidated monster would be.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ron paul wants to streamline the Gubmint....make is much smaller and more efficient. Yes he does!

So WHY shouldnt the current seated POTUS do the same thing?? why not?

Id like to see him do this as I am ALLLLLLL for a more efficient Gubmint!!!
GO OBAMA!

This is the best thing Ive seen him try and do in a dam long time...........
edit on 13-1-2012 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Who does this guy think he is kidding meaning Obama i remember some news back about how the Chamber of commerce was "getting sued" or "was not going to list it doners" can't remember the specifics of that any ayone who has more information feel free to post it.

This is an election year back in 2010 the Department of Commerce spent a lot of cash agianst the Democrats and now that it is an election year it's "we need to get rid of the Department of Commerce to streamline government".

Commerce taking money from foreign companies was the talking point so get rid od commerce stack the deck in favor of Obama so he can out fund raise everyone else.

In 2008 Obama's 1 billion he raised a lot of that came from overseas and did go to court but nothing ever came of it.

This is dirty politics and the streamlining is suppose to do away with commerce but yet create another new agency.
edit on 14-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are mixing department of commerce (An executive agency) with chamber of commerce (A private lobbying group)

Obama can't abolish the Chamber of commerce any more than he could abolish ALEC or Cato or Heritage foundation. And yes: they are rethuglican. Always have been, always will be.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's another "Johnny Come Lately" scam.

Obama is jumping somebody else's bandwagon.

It is a diversion. He is not pro small business.

He has said many times, as have his supporters, that bigger government is better.

Just look at what they've done to the majority of citizens.

I think Obama wants to take this idea right to the bank(ers).

AND, of course....next year HE will skillfully announce:

This Plan Just aint Working as Planned

edit on Jan-14-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes, Obama wants to make government more efficient -- problem is, what do you think he wants it more effecient at doing?

the answer might be kinds scary.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Funny. While this move comforts most of the GOP, because it says Obama you still hate it.
You are as predictable as the runs after a breakfast burrito, Neo.

top topics

join