It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost my virginity twice: Woman, 27, reveals she has TWO VAGINAS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As you can see, I have cleaned up the thread to remove the pointless, off topic comments as well as change the video to a more serious one.

If we cannot discusss the topic maturely, the thread will be closed.

Regards,
Crakeur.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

edit on 13-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Figured this topic would be heavily moderated.
I'm not sure brave is the correct label for her. Open about this unusual condition- definately. Not sure if there is any corresponding condition for men other than having only 1 or 3 testes.
My family doctor has an unusual patient (not mysrlf) that all of their organs are on other side, still facing the same direction, but in their case- stomach on the right, liver on the left, ect.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I suppose theoretically she could get pregnant twice by two different father's and they would not be twins...

This is not unique to women with two vaginas.

It has happened already where a woman has had sex with two different men and have had 2 children. Each one having a different father.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Yeah, does make you scratch your head a bit. First time i've been censored before a warning has even appeared from the Mods! (although that was the reason given - warning given).

Im actually thinking this woman is enjoying the notoriety with the comments she made about not being bothered showing other women. So yes, still fair play to her for coming out and highlighting body issue problems, etc but at the same time she appears to be getting an element of pleasure from being in the media.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSMLoaf
Figured this topic would be heavily moderated.
I'm not sure brave is the correct label for her. Open about this unusual condition- definately. Not sure if there is any corresponding condition for men other than having only 1 or 3 testes.
My family doctor has an unusual patient (not mysrlf) that all of their organs are on other side, still facing the same direction, but in their case- stomach on the right, liver on the left, ect.

That patient must be left-handed that is why everything is on the other side.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The woman that had two children by two men at the same time had 2 eggs fertilized, 1 by each man, not two vaginas.

second line.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSMLoaf
I'm not sure brave is the correct label for her.

It's brave to be open about being different because of reactions like this ...

Originally posted by lukeUK
Wow 4 holes- another few and you could have a round of crazy golf !

As humorous as persons might find it, it can have never ending social consquences and introduces the new hobby of face palming at people.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have never heard of this before...I am just wondering why a person would go public with this very private information.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I have never heard of this before...I am just wondering why a person would go public with this very private information.

It's typical day time tv or rubbish womens magazine stuff.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
im trying to be as mature as i can with my response to the "woman with 2 vaginas thread".

serious question now.. does she have double the pms or do her vaginas split that up into two different days?

mature responses only please.. thank you

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Wanting attention much? that odd of having what she has got is 1 in millions or more so shes not really got much of an audience that can relate to what shes got! - Can't people keep things to their selves these days- ffs! face palm you people for not realising this- shes from essex home of the towie gang attention seekers to the max! lighten up!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Wouldn't imagine it would be any different other than harsher cramps.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

It's great that people can come out and be honest about their bodies. There are many people out there with physical oddities.

I have a friend that is a gay man. However, he has fallopian tubes and ovaries on one side??? I'm thinking that he did not have a choice in his sexual orientation. He looks every bit male and is well blessed with his unit.

If find these oddities interesting.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
For once, I truly have real life experience to share!

I have Uterine Didelphys.

Uterine Didelphys is an anomaly resulting from the Mullers ducts not fusing in development. Here's a nice technical definition for you:

"Uterine Didelphys is a rare type of deformity (1 in 1000 women) in the female reproductive organs in which some organs may be either split or duplicated. Typically, some of these "extra" organs are non-functional or semi-functional appendages, although on occasion they will be completely functional in all normal respects, and often independently. As the vagina is largely derived from the Mullerian ducts, lack of fusion of the two ducts can lead to the formation of a vaginal septum, or "double vagina", a condition sometimes called with a uterus didelphys or a uterine septum."

In my personal case, I have two completely separate organs, with two cervixes. I have only the two normal ovaries, one is connected to each. I also used to have the vaginal septum as well; however, I finally had that removed surgically. In addition, I suffer from fibroids to my ovaries, and cysts in my ovaries and kidneys, but my research indicated that it has nothing to do with my congenital defect.

So what does this mean to a woman? Well, as far as practical matters go, I menstruate in each, at the same time - so tampons couldn't be used due to the septum (the blood would just run down the other side of the septum). When I menstruate, I have double the pain (both uteri contracting for cramps), and double the blood (both uteri shedding their linings). In addition, intercourse was a pain - on both sides. Imagine if you will, the male party doing the thing that he does, when Bam! He hits a wall dead on. Let's just say my husband was happy after the septum removal as well. I have ended up in the hospital for losing too much blood. I've also ended up on a morphine drip due to the pain.

I've often been asked, "Why don't you just have one of them removed?" The answer I've received from my various doctors was that they were loathe to remove a healthy organ - the risks of general anesthesia outweighed the benefits. You see, it's already done, so to speak. I can't make the remaining one larger (they are both smaller than an average uterus). I can't reduce my risk of miscarriage. And the usual course of action would be hormonal birth control to help with the pain and blood loss. In my personal case, there's too much risk of migraines and stroke, although that's a strong help to other women. In addition, a hysterectomy is out for me, unless I needed it for another reason such as cancer or an injury etc. as the hormone therapy afterwards would be just as bad as the birth control for my migraines.

So, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

As far as pregnancy goes, getting pregnant isn't the problem, but staying pregnant is. There is a higher risk of miscarriage. The uterus could potentially be too small to stretch large enough for the fetus. Also, for the same reason, there is risk of an incompetent cervix, and sometimes a cerclage is necessary. In my personal case, I've had two vaginally born sons. One was a little early, and one was full term. While I did have some complications with both of them, they weren't related to my didelphys. The pregnancies, however, were labeled as higher risk. With women with didelphys, unusual fetal positions are more common, so the chance of cesarean is high.

And the number one question I get is, "Can you get pregnant in both at the same time?" The answer is yes. I did not. It is unusual, but it is possible. It is also possible for those babies to be born at different times.

One of the more important things for these women to remember is that the defect is associated with kidney abnormalities. Please make sure, if you're diagnosed, that an ultrasound is taken of your kidneys.

I didn't find out until I was 17. I had such extreme pain during my period that doctors thought I had an ovarian infection. Two rounds of two separate antibiotics did nothing. They finally found it during an ultrasound. I had gynecological exams previously, however, the speculum would just naturally go up one side of the septum, so the doctor was only seeing one side of the equation.

I wrote an article about it for Associated Content years ago, and it is by far the most popular thing I've ever written. Why? Because there's not a lot of research out there for the layman, and when someone is diagnosed, they of course go to Dr. Google. In fact, one mom tracked down my personal phone number (kind of creepy) and I spoke with her for over an hour. Her daughter had just been diagnosed and she was terrified her daughter would die. Hogwash. I was glad to help her out with my personal story.

If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer from a layman's personal perspective.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
**** ATTENTION ****

Ok, let's try again.

Any further off topic or crude jokes will be removed and you
will be POST BANNED

<< 1    3  4 >>

join