It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teaching the topic of UFOs and Aliens. What would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm an English teacher, and as a fun activity for my class I decided that I'd teach them a class on the UFO and alien phenomena.

If you had the chance, what would you teach them?

So far I thought I'd give a general outline of what happens during an abduction, time loss, people go under hypnosis. Different types of aliens. And then go through a few cases with them, the Betty and Barney Hill case for example, plus a couple of different sightings.

What other cases would you add? Or would you do anything different?

The class will neither be "this is true" or "this is false" but just a view point of another side of the world they may not know about.

Edit: Actually, I'm unsure if this should be here or in Aliens and UFOs
edit on 12/1/12 by lapzod because: Wrong section?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
here is a good start

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think it's great that your going to teach a subject that i know none of my teachers brought up. lots of teens are interested in that stuff and some might find it hard to accept "aliens exist" but i know the majority will take an interest if you bring it up properly.

To start it off i'd talk about how big our universe is and emphasize that there are billions of billions of galaxies and billions of stars in the KNOWN universe then start bringing in the chances of aliens are almost certain also explain that an alien life form could just be a bacteria on another planet or an interstellar civilization. Then people will understand better instead of just going straight to abductions, and other things.

Anyways good luck with the lesson wish i was there!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Teach them that very powerful people are using tools such as hollywood and the media to purposefully bombard them with alien propaganda so that they will fall for a false flag alien event in the future that will be the precursor to a dictatorial world government.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea enriching the mind with the possibilities of other life beyond ours but also probably a good idea to prepare for possible negative feed back the subject might evoke.
What age are the students? The thought of being abducted out of their bed in the middle of the night would probably frighten a younger audience.
Religion may be an issue from some of them.

Here is account of a man in NC that has my attention. This one has it all. Multiple witnesses, abduction, and communication. Maybe this an encounter account you can share.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. A lot of things worth taking down.

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I think it's a good idea enriching the mind with the possibilities of other life beyond ours but also probably a good idea to prepare for possible negative feed back the subject might evoke.
What age are the students? The thought of being abducted out of their bed in the middle of the night would probably frighten a younger audience.
Religion may be an issue from some of them.

They're around 15, give or take a few years. Before teaching I was going to talk about the subject along the lines of what they think about the topic, and then go from there. They're all pretty opened minded, but you can never been too careful teaching certain topics.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lapzod

I love that you are doing this. . .but be prepared to be labeled "The Crazy Teacher".

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

haha, thanks.

I think I should be ok. My students know what I'm like anyway. Indonesians are very superstitious, and we sit around and talk about ghost stories, so I feel that this is a natural progression.
Or at least that's what I'm hoping...

There's actually a unit in the book that deals with the whole paranormal topic, but it's only 6 pages long, and doesn't go indepth.

new topics

top topics

join