It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Private Jessica Lynch Speaks Out About Whether Iraq War Was Worth It, Why She Had to Set the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Former Private Jessica Lynch Speaks Out About Whether Iraq War Was Worth It, Why She Had to Set the Record Straight About Government's False Story

foxnewsinsider.com

About 9 years ago, enemy fighters in Iraq captured then-19-year-old former Private First Class Jessica Lynch in a deadly ambush on the truck that she was driving. Eleven soldiers died in the attack, including one of Lynch’s closest friends.

Later, Special Forces rescued Lynch from an Iraqi hospital and initial government reports portrayed her as a hero who went down fighting, claims which Lynch denied, saying that she didn’t shoot a single round in the attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Interesting to see some truth come out of this report to an event that was a landmark galvanizing some opinions of what happened and afterwards the ambush of the supply convoy was studied.
Ultimately, the convoy should not have turned around to retrace their steps- when they did they were caught in the ambush.

foxnewsinsider.com

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

The whole damn thing was a set up! This Jessica Lynch should had told the damn truth years ago. Nothing she could say now is worth my ear!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The Iraq war was born on lies and deceit!
Normally those things are used for the enemy not your own public and allies
All those people killed and maimed, it's disgusting to think it was all for bullcrap
Has anyone been prosecuted and convicted for starting a war leading to the deaths of
god only knows how many?

I remember during the build up to war and Bush Jnr. said about Sadam,
"this is the man who tried to kill my dad"
There you are, the real reson the world got dragged into the sh!t
10 years on and Iraq is still a mess and those bastards who started the war
are kickin back living the good life

Ahh that feels better, have a nice day

edit on 12-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
This Jessica Lynch should had told the damn truth years ago. Nothing she could say now is worth my ear!

Ha Ha Ha

Funny , when we talk about the current Palestine/Israel conflict, you bring up birth rights regarding a 2000 year old Israel.

Here, you wont cut the girl/soldier 9 years slack.

That,s funny.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You seem to be my nemesis in many threads Blue.
However, on this I think you and I are on the same side.
The Lynch debacle was just that.

I wonder if she is going to be promoting something soon...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
As much as the 'incident itself' was a clearly transparent and obvious psy/photo -op ...so is this, too.

Both 'cherry picked' for a 'purpose'.

10:1 says she'll either be running for office or seeking txts in order to remain on the island in the next 3-5 yrs.

the obvious is obvious ... scripted throughout on both ends.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think the message from those who have led these wars is: if you can't make it happen through truth and valour then rely on the lies and deceit. not very good role models.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Jessica Lynch? Who cares?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada

Former Private Jessica Lynch Speaks Out About Whether Iraq War Was Worth It, Why She Had to Set the Record Straight About Government's False Story

foxnewsinsider.com

About 9 years ago, enemy fighters in Iraq captured then-19-year-old former Private First Class Jessica Lynch in a deadly ambush on the truck that she was driving. Eleven soldiers died in the attack, including one of Lynch’s closest friends.

Later, Special Forces rescued Lynch from an Iraqi hospital and initial government reports portrayed her as a hero who went down fighting, claims which Lynch denied, saying that she didn’t shoot a single round in the attack.

This is one article that I am glad came to surface. I remember the Lynch story very well and even bought her book. "I too am an American". I was in the United States on holidays and I can still see Sheppard Smith of the Fox Cable News Network say that young 19 year old Jessica fired every round in her weapon until she ran out of bullets. They make a stupid for telly movie out of that while her African American comrade who I feel was just a hero got to switch on the drop ball for times square new year that year which I think was 2004.

And then they take her to her backwoods town in West Virginia for a hoopa parade with her boyfriend with his maroon beret tilted down to his right ear lobe with a pit dog look on his face that should have made the Iraqi army drop there weapons and run. I mean how much propaganda can one get. Would the United States Army have done all of the fanfare for the young African American solider?

Really, everybody here should read her story and then what really went down. What if she was not a shapely thin blond haired young woman? Somebody here at ATS please tell me how many Iraq civilians died in those awful wars because Saddam tried to kill George,s Dad.
Shannon 83

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Perhaps what you really mean is during the Holocaust while millions of Jews were rounded up and sent in to Nazi death camps, the world goes silent. When a young American soldier lies through her teeth, the world sits up and pays attention. (I never brought in to her story full of holes in the first place - you all sure did).

or perhaps this......

Why do Americans choose from just 2 people to run for President and 50 for Miss America?
edit on 13-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Yep, this whole thing was a complete fabrication to make a good propaganda case to support the war. Pretty disgusting. Interesting that NOW Fox is reporting the truth... I'm sure back then, they reported that lie and called anyone who questioned it a terrorist.

When will Fox man up and tell the truth about how Pat Tillman was murdered because he was coming back and telling the truth about how wrong the Iraq war was? What about interviewing his family?
edit on 13-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I always loved the story about the "Special Forces" rescue.

The doctors at the hospital who treated her told a very different story. When they put her in an ambulance and tried to take her back to US forces, they were fired upon and had to turn back. This whole episode was just one big scripted propaganda piece. I mean, they couldn't let those Terrorists (doctors) just hand her over after patching her up. Where's the hero story in that?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

Lynch claimed that she waivers on her feelings about whether the war was worthwhile, saying “Certain days I think definitely because we went in there and we got Saddam and that was our mission. On other days, we lost so many lives and so many brothers and sisters … on that aspect, no. I don’t think any war is worth having our soldiers killed.”
Isn't sort of an odd thing for a soldier who voluntarily signed up to be in the army to say that: "I don’t think any war is worth having our soldiers killed"? If she said the Iraq war wasn't worth it that's one thing, but certainly a soldier has to believe that at least some wars must be worth fighting and getting killed, else why would they sign up to join the military?

Regarding setting the record straight, better late than never I guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Did someone say STAGED IRAQI PHOTO-OP??

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Conclusion

Of the 33 Soldiers who entered An Nasiriyah in 18 vehicles (including two that were being towed) on 23 March, 11 Soldiers were killed, seven were captured and nine were wounded (including some of those captured). Sixteen Soldiers in eight vehicles emerged from the attack. The number of Iraqi casualties inflicted by Soldiers of the 507th and 3d FSB could not be determined. From start to finish, the attack on the 507th lasted an estimated 60 to 90 minutes.

In reviewing the actions on the morning of 23 March 2003, it is clear that the Soldiers of the 507th Maintenance Company, including two Soldiers from the 3d FSB, were attacked for a sustained period of time. Fatigue, stress, the asymmetric nature of the threat, and the environment contributed to the events leading up to and during this attack. Every Soldier performed honorably and each did his or her duty. The battle for An Nasiriyah would last until March 31st when the Marine Corps ultimately gained control of the city.

top topics

join