It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Officially confirms: Cold Fusion(LENR) is REAL

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Oh no! Now we have to try to find the last post that was actually about the thread topic. If anyone can find it, would you mind quoting it here so we can continue the discussion.

edit on 29/1/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

It was right here. The next few posts show the entire thread is bunk.

NASA didn't confirm anything, besides that they were working on lenr research. Which is no secret.

In other words, just about every post in this thread is off topic. And it should have been scrapped.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Recent Rossi Interview about warranties/pricing of his "contraption", the E-Cat.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

"It is really quite amazing by what margins competent but conservative
scientists and engineers can miss the mark, when they start with the
preconceived idea that what they are investigating is impossible. When
this happens, the most well-informed men become blinded by their
prejudices and are unable to see what lies directly ahead of them."
- Arthur C. Clarke, 1963

The psychology of this is important. In sport it is about positivity. Pessimism is always the mental state of the loser. The positive thought that we can achieve the seemingly impossible is the stuff of greatness. Do you think Roger Bannister believed he couldn't run a mile in less than 4 minutes? No he dreamed the "impossible" dream. He achieved the seemingly impossible. WE WILL SUCCEED.

We are the optimists. We are the ones who believe that we should strive for and WILL achieve more than what to the weaker minded seems possible. We have the mindset of the winner, the mindset of the achiever.

Also, as people of knowledge, we have a responsibility to society.

"Communities tend to be guided less than individuals by conscience and a sense of responsibility. How much misery does this fact cause mankind! It is the source of wars and every kind of oppression, which fill the earth with pain, sighs and bitterness." - Albert Einstein, 1934

Arthur C. Clarke formulated the following three "laws" of prediction:

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Just as 640k isn't really enough for anyone (Bill Gates in the 80's), and the global market for computers is definitely greater than 5 (Thomas Watson of IBM in the 50's) -- so is it that predicting the future of technology is hard as heck.

So hard, in fact, that the world's foremost experts fail routinely at prediction.

Clarke's third law is probably the most well known, but his first and second I find to be the most useful for anyone who is creative and wants to invent and affect the future in profound ways. To create what seemed to be impossible is truly the essence of an innovative, valuable act.
SOURCE: garry.posterous.com...

"New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled,
the humiliating question arises, 'Why then are you not taking part in
them?' " - H. G. Wells

Why are you not taking part Boncho?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
It was right here. The next few posts show the entire thread is bunk.

NASA didn't confirm anything, besides that they were working on lenr research. Which is no secret.

In other words, just about every post in this thread is off topic. And it should have been scrapped.

That's just how it works around here, you'll get used to it. Deny ignorance, just not too loudly.

I think the problem is that NASA clearly did not confirm that "cold fusion" is real so there's not much to discuss other than to read the title and say "no they didn't".

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

Still living in denial i see

Well at least you are on topic, and thanks for the bump

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Is this technology the reason for the big oil drop?

Link to why oil is dropping - energy breakthrough

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

No.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimander

Less words, more objective empirical evidence.

crickets

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

No.

Well, something has oil spooked. A drop in demand worldwide of 2% to 3% doesn't translate into an over 50% drop in the price of a commodity even baking some speculative money into the higher price which has also fled.

An energy breakthrough would be a great reason.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Why is the video gone? If NASA was truly working on it, they would not have pulled the video.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: masterp
They were talking about it, so the video was legitimate. But you're right, the video is gone now, and I'm not sure how much work they actually did. So there are two possibilities:

1. It didn't work so they gave up on it.
2. It did work and went black project.

Since this is a conspiracy site I had to mention #2, but I don't think it ever worked, so I'm going with #1.

I went to the search engine on the same NASA site that hosted the video and searched LENR, and not only did it not find the video, it didn't find anything else on the topic either.

Lockheed's fusion reactor probably has a lot better odds of working, since so far I've heard them make no claims that violate our present understanding of physics by 50 orders of magnitude, as LENR does.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Not Found

The requested URL /media/CC/lenr/lenr.html was not found on this server.

Also the folowing.

Posterous Spaces is no longer available .

isnt that strange ?

edit on 9-1-2015 by ernestjev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ernestjev

Try this link, it has much info on the associated story and LENR:

Link to LENR info

edit on 9-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well, something has oil spooked. A drop in demand worldwide of 2% to 3% doesn't translate into an over 50% drop in the price of a commodity even baking some speculative money into the higher price which has also fled. An energy breakthrough would be a great reason.

This has more to do with America showing Russia and China who is actually the Boss, and how quickly the Boss Man can make things even harder. I recently have spoken with some of these characters while vacationing in Sun Valley, Idaho. This is only the beginning people.

Listen, If anyone believes that the USA is going to fade away, they have another thing coming. These folks have thought this all through for decades prior to all of this mess. Read between the lies, but while you read between those lies, you better figure out which side you are on, because I know which side I am. ~$heopleNation
edit on 9-1-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

No.

Well, something has oil spooked. A drop in demand worldwide of 2% to 3% doesn't translate into an over 50% drop in the price of a commodity even baking some speculative money into the higher price which has also fled.

An energy breakthrough would be a great reason.

The Saudis have realised that keeping the current pricing makes it more economically viable for alternative sources to be developed, which threatens their financial and political position.

Shale oil, for example, is only viable if the price of oil is high enough to recoup costs. In fact shale oil was one of the earliest forms used by man, before we started drilling wells and extracting massive amounts of oil for a fraction of the workload. By suppressing the prices, the Saudis are trying to force the competition out of the market.

So, yes, it is in response to alternative technology, but it is about alternative oil producing technology rather than alternative energy generating technology.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join