It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Rumbling In The Sky In Southern New Jersey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As I post this my wife and I keep hearing a strange prolonged rumbling noise in the sky. The sound is sort of like a jet engine but it last for like 8 minutes or so everytime we hear it. It has been happending all morning. The noise even causes the house to shake lightly. I've read some other threads which say that this rumbling noise only happends when the sky is overcast so you can not see what is causing this strange sound. Also when the noise comes I expierence a high pitch ringing in my ears. I'm curious if anybody elese in the new jersey Philadelphia area have heard this today. Thanks , Everyone have a great day !

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Can you record it and post it?

It may be the same sound everyone else is hearing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Again, what in the world is going
on? I don't recall others saying
it only happens when it is cloudy.
Maybe I missed that. Please
record if you can and compare
to what others have recorded.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I heard someone else say that too, but i've seen alot of youtube vid's with the sound in a clear sky.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

If anyone is interested....search VTRPE in ats and youll come across an old thread with no replies....
Follow your nose from there buds and i await any conclusions or comments....s

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

I am in South East PA, I tend to hear this noise alot more when it rains. Its not exactly the same as heard in the other videos being posted.. it sort of sounds like a chair being dragged accross a hardwood floor. Im I do hear it when its nice out, but it happens ALOT more when it rains (And no, its not thunder)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
North shore Long Island, I have heard something similar today, did not notice it until after the wind stopped, but yes, about eight minutes, or at least a lot longer than a plane would take to go over. I've noticed kind of halfway, from inside, but will pay more attention and go out if it happens again, and maybe record it if it turns out to be something strange. Wow, it's starting again... check back later.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It happens last about a hour or so. If it happened again ill try to record it but it would be on my cell phone. Not saying that it has anything to do with it have a strange Ufo sighting on Sunday in vineland Nj just about 5 miles away from me.its just a strange sound and so many people have heard it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OP,

You're probably pretty close to Fort Dix, they keep a pretty large number of helicopters there. You're probably hearing a couple Chinooks flying in formation. I live by Willow Grove Airbase and have noticed when the choppers are doing maneuvers that the sound waves/concussions are much more pronounced when there is a weather system moving through - we've gotten like 2 inches of rain between last night and this morning. All the moisture in the air will limit the amount of sound dispersal, and will amplify it downwards.

Sometimes this sounds like a "mini-gun" being fired. If there are a couple in formation the blades sound like one continuous vibration.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hi,

There is an ongoing thread on these issues and it would be great if you could contribute to that so we can keep all the relevant information in one place.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

I'm closing this thread - please use the one linked above.

new topics

top topics

join