It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two triangular objects in two different Lunar Orbiter images, inside Tycho Crater.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nothing to see here, move along!

The Lunar Orbiter images contain many flaws.

The Google Moon/Mars images contain many glitch.

The LROC images are only 3d processed images. They are no real images.

The MRO have a very lower resolution.

The NASA offices, where processed the Moon films are very dirty.

Above Top Secret.com do not exist. It is only a virtual reality.

What a sad life!!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That kind of looks like a cue mark doesn't it.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The Lunar Orbiter images contain many flaws but they are still very good images.

Google Moon/Mars are useful toys but should not be used for "research" because of the extensive image manipulation done by Google to make the images "fit". It is better to go to the source images.

The LROC images are real images and very good.

MRO images are fine.

I don't know what you mean about "very dirty" offices. What Moon films?

What a sad life!!

There are other things in life than ATS and searching for "anomalies".

edit on 1/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The Lunar Orbiter imaging system used 70mm film that was processed inside the probe, scanned, and transmitted back to Earth. I would say that most of these issues are film damage or data drop outs.

I have personally seen some of the three foot strips of processed imagery from the mid 60s...the current cleanup that Arizona State is doing looks much better than what I've seen.
edit on 1/12/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by Phage

Nothing to see here, move along!

The Lunar Orbiter images contain many flaws.

The Google Moon/Mars images contain many glitch.

The LROC images are only 3d processed images. They are no real images.

The MRO have a very lower resolution.

Above Top Secret.com do not exist. It is only a virtual reality.

What a sad life!!

A coincidence glitch? Or a real object detected in two different lo5-126-h2b and lo5-126-h2c images?

If you don't want answers don't ask questions.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
My first job in high school was developing portraits and passport photos by hand...Developer, Fixer and Stop Bath. We'd then place the developed film into an enlarger and create various size portraits/photos.

All or most film was developed mechanically and we rarely had geometrically balanced and symmetrical "Defects" appearing in our photos coming from our local drug store even.

if it was a film defect we'd see it on various intensities on more of the images. And it would appear more as a blob as in something contaminating the emulsion (chemicals which make up film) side of the film vs an even and symmetric image.

Another possibility is that this was the early rendition of photoshop where they were "editing" photos by masking things out manually after the fact....which we know did occur in order to obscure the Truth.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
No offense Arken but you may need a vacation from all this to get back some perspective . Take a more serious approach to the images and the film anomalies / errors from both sides .

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wondered where I put my plecs! That Tycho crater is a creepy looking place without the plectrums. The LRO5 pictures are very good in resolution. It looks like the plecs came about in the initial processing, it's easier to see the transmission blurs across them in the full image, the area of interest here, is at the bottom.

www.lpi.usra.edu...
edit on 12-1-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I can tell you where you can find more of these white triangular shapes.
I just did a quick check of "Moon Morphology." by Peter H. Schultz, U.Texas Press, 1972. I find eight images from the Lunar Orbiter images that show those markings in full form, partial and a two images with multiple markings.

When I first noticed them in the book at least couple of decades ago (1981?), I believed that they were UFOs, but I got over that by studying the several images and then several years later, in some fashion, found a source that said they were markings for the cartographers. I'm thinking that they were markers placed on the first generation film strips (perhaps for aligning the strips) and subsequently copied to second gen are further sets.

Given that some of the total images in that book were hand processed as evidenced from fingerprints on several images, and the ones in the book were available to a Ph.D student (Schultz) for his work, it seems safe to assume that those are not UFO triangles in that they remained on subsequent image sets and exist even today on official and semi-offical sites.

(Although I personally believe that we have triangles that easy reach the Moon. I would doubt that our triangles at that time of the Lunar Orbiter missions were sufficiently advanced to make Moon trips.)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Could it be burns on the film?
notice the shape of the holes to the right of this photo. the op image looks like the image was scanned after a burn, the dark edges where the film has melted back over itself and caused a ridge (if that makes sence?)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
sorry im another dont know how to embed images, so if someone could help me out

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

LOL thats what I was going to say! Giant aliens were jamming on the moon, then a little tin can came flying by with humans onboard and the aliens picked up and ran as fast as they could, but the lead guitarist dropped his pick on the way out.. !

Hopefully that wasn't his lucky pick, I hate it when I loose my lucky pick...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
No offense Arken but you may need a vacation from all this to get back some perspective . Take a more serious approach to the images and the film anomalies / errors from both sides .

I'm fine Thx. Good vacation for Christmas and New year eve, really.

No offense to you too, but.... Who really are you to give to other members this kind of advices?
First give your personal opinion on topic and NOT on the members.

My approach to this issue is serious. Absolutely serious.

YOURS?
edit on 12-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110

I'm fine Thx. Good vacation for Christmas and New year eve, really.

No offense to you too, but.... Who really are you to give to other members this kind of advices?
First give your personal opinion on topic and NOT on the members.

My approach to this issue is serious. Absolutely serious.

YOURS?
edit on 12-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)
Question being here is from the time between when you found this stuff and the time you rationalized it can come across as being a little to far out in left field . But hey , if your comfortable with it then all the best . It isn't a contest for the most posts and the speed at which they are posted or is it ?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't know what you mean about "very dirty" offices. What Moon films?

I mean this.
Another interesting "Transient Lunar Phenomenon" anomaly inside Tycho Crater, that in your opinion is a "LINT".

Transient Lunar Phenomenon from Lunar Orbiter 5 in Tycho

Originally posted by Phage
The images are scanned from photographic prints.
Sure looks like lint on the scanner to me.

The Lunar Orbiter 16 x 20 inch prints from the LPI collection were scanned using a sheet-feeder scanner to create an archival digital file. Each print was digitized as an 8-bit grayscale image at 300 dpi, producing a file of approximately 29 MB in TIFF format.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

I play guitar and that is EXACTLY what I thought the second I saw it!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think it's just a flaw as someone said.....all kinds of weird things show up on those things (interesting though).......or.....maybe the following video holds a clue? lol: This is a video a friend of mine from Iraq did a few years ago.....maybe he dropped a pick?
Not making fun of you OP....just wanted to give you a chuckle...He did a great job on the vid, don't you think?

edit on 1/12/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Seen this yet?

target.lroc.asu.edu...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

1) The film was not processed at NASA. It was processed on the spacecraft.
2) The scans of the prints were not made at NASA. The were made at LPI.
3) The lint was probably a result of cleaning of the print.

How many accounts have you had on ATS anyway?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I find it astonishing that someone would make a post and ask what something is, only to start crying like a child who's been told Santa doesn't exist simply because he gets an accurate answer instead of the more exciting one he wanted. It's blindingly obvious what most of these 'anomalies' are, I find it surprising someone would start a thread at all rather than simply research it, let alone have a tantrum because they didn't hear 100 replies saying it's aliens or a secret moonbase.... How embarrassing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join