It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration' video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration' video

www.bbc.co.uk

Afghanistan's Taliban has condemned a video that appears to show US Marines urinating on dead Taliban fighters.

A spokesman told the BBC: "It is not a human action, it's a wild action that is too shameful for us to talk about."

But Reuters quoted a Taliban spokesman as saying the video would not derail attempts at peace talks to end the war.

The US military is investigating the authenticity of the video and the Marine Corps said the actions were not consistent with its core values.

The footage shows four men in military fatigues appearing to urinate on three apparently lifeless
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
What sick # would do this (if this is genuine), im sure those meatheads justifyed it in there minds, but how can anyone justify it. oh yea 9/11, that makes it ok. however these sick #s are no better than the peole they belive there fighting against.

totaly shocking, its ok for us, but not for them, sick!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
And the video (over 18 only)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

I suppose that gives a new meaning to 'golden showers'.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Disgraceful. I couldn't even finish the video. I hope they weren't Americans, but they look the part.

Just another dam# boulder to add to the bucket of hate for America.

I have to say, they do not represent this American, AT ALL.

Many are disgusted by this. I'm very sorry for their family.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
War sometimes desensitizes people to such an extent that they lose basic human feelings.

Imagine being the wife of one of these men, waiting for so long for your loving husband to come home, and all you get is an empty shell like this.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
to me this all seems staged
we've seen soldiers gunning down innocents now this?

where are they going with it all?

us vs the miltary? as if all society will take on its own miltary and then the miltary will have cause to attack back?
or have tptb lost control of the miltary so they make them out to be this?

where does this leak from anyway? (pardon the pun!)
why at a time when this is a major thing in the debates?

thoughts

+29 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Wow...

Pot meet kettle. How many videos have been sent to Al jazeera and other media outlets showing innocent people being killed / decapitated / blown up by the Taliban / Al Queida. Even if we remove the Al Queida link they still do that crap.

While our troops royally screwed up and should be held accountible, being we should take the highroad, the Taliban shouldnt be the ones lecturing us on video / bad acts.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Pretty disgusting, but I don't think the Taliban are in any position to be taking a high ground when it comes to morals. this is why our forces need to behave as civilised humans, we are meant to be the good guys. We can't be in a position where the taliban can take such a stance.

Anyway can someone remind me why we are still in Afghanistan? Surely not just to offend the occupied.
edit on 12-1-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Imagine what there going to do if they ever get their hands on an american body..

...even a live one!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

edit on 12-1-2012 by apodictic because: too graphic for you pansies

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Just because the Taliban do beheadings doesn't mean this isn't "bad".

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Imagine what there going to do if they ever get their hands on an american body..

...even a live one!

They already do.

The Taliban are still holding Bowe Bergdahl. He has been held by the Taliban for about 2 years now. He was captured in Afghanistan when he left the base without a weapon / body armor.

American held by Taliban

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Like these guys have always treated the bodies of our soldiers with the highest respect:

An angry crowd descended on the cars, throwing stones and setting the vehicles ablaze.
The corpses were dragged from the wreckage and television pictures showed one burnt body being kicked and stamped on, while at least two were tied to cars and driven through the city, witnesses said.
Adults and children hacked the bodies to pieces, before lynching two of the charred remains from a bridge spanning the Euphrates River.

To be quite honest with you, they were the ones who started with the desecration of human remains.
Its all bad, but this stuff happens in a war.
They say, “war is hell” for a reason.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1/12/2012 by defcon5 because: broken tag off-setting other peoples format.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Acts like this will only generate more anger and attacks will increase.

"I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq."

~General Matthew Alexander, lead interrogator of foreign fighters captured in Iraq. 2009

Source: www.amnestyusa.org...

edit on 12-1-2012 by Ek Bharatiya because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Like these guys have always treated the bodies of our soldiers with the highest respect:

An angry crowd descended on the cars, throwing stones and setting the vehicles ablaze.
The corpses were dragged from the wreckage and television pictures showed one burnt body being kicked and stamped on, while at least two were tied to cars and driven through the city, witnesses said.
Adults and children hacked the bodies to pieces, before lynching two of the charred remains from a bridge spanning the Euphrates River.

To be quite honest with you, they were the ones who started with the desecration of human remains.
Its all bad, but this stuff happens in a war.
They say, “war is hell” for a reason.

Who forced you to go there in the first place?

You occupy a country, kill their people, torture them, rape their women, slaughter their babies - then these people get angry and kick the bodies of a dead soldier or whatever - and then YOU continue doing the same (killing, raping, URINATING on the dead) - and NOW you try to somehow put both sides on the same level with "war is hell" and crap like that?

YOU are the occupier, not them. extra DIV

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I'm referring more to the "omg I couldnt even watch this blurred out video" people.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

It's a war crime to desecrate a dead body.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This is disgusting. I haven't been to war so i don't know the emotions that you go through but, that is just horrible why would you do that? The thing that gets me mad is they do this to innocent civilians too who just want to be left alone.

Depending on what you believe, we have no right of even being there. What would you do if your home was being invaded, bombs going off, gunfire on the streets, etc.. i'd fight back, if you have seen some videos of our soldiers over there you'd be sickened and angry about what they do. but i'm not going to get into this right now.

Here's aLink to the Original topic that talks about the video it was originally posted on liveleak. It's weird how in this topic that the Taliban have already come out to a response to this video.

Marines Humiliating Dead Taliban Insurgents

this is the link to topic

edit on 12-1-2012 by blazer955 because:

edit on 12-1-2012 by blazer955 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

That’s right, it is…
At least OUR troops will receive justice for doing it, who is held accountable for the actions of those on the other side?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join