It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Whether you believe in God or not this is incredibly good,

"For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." -Matthew 7:8
edit on 1/12/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

This probably comes from this theory that Jesus is all-sufficient where some extremists take it to mean that Jesus was good so we don't have to go to the trouble ourselves, so instead of actually worshiping God, since Jesus already did that we can just mouth the name of Jesus and God is satisfied.
The video talks about self-righteousness while ignoring the mission of Jesus was to bring righteousness to the world, and it is not just a gift to where we can pretend that now all of a sudden we are righteous by proclamation. To me, this form of theological doctrine reliance for salvation is the same sort of thing Jesus was fighting against. It is just a new form of self-righteousness but an even hollower version than what the Pharisees taught. The followers of this theology doctrine reliance cult believe they are righteous through correct theology, while people who actually live righteous lives, to them, are lost because they apparently were not properly relying on their doctrine for salvation.
edit on 12-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You are misunderstanding this guy. His head is in the right place. He gets it watch this video and you will understand him better. He is not just talk it appears he is trying to walk the walk. If you can imbed this video that would be great.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

MAn a star and a flag for you, cos this was so true, i love god i love jesus, but he did try to tell us forget about religion, cos its fake and a man mad thing.
This i know is true i feel it in my heart, god is real and thats our start, he made us and all life who we are.
So even for the none believers forget about the stores, look to your hearts, and you will find the glory.
I dont know how people can not see what jesus wanted us to see, not some fake religion thats only after money, and power, and also wants to enslave you, religion was the devil to Jesus and to God.
As it gives people false believes when the is none we are one and the same you and i.
We was all made in gods eye. he has mercy for our souls but only if you believe in him whole
so you dont need to go to a church to pray, just open your hearts and think his way.
Maybe someday you will see his light and understand the is no hope in a man made light.
for his light will in brace you no matter what for he is light andlove even in the dark.
So fear not even if you do not believe for you know not what you think,
he will still be here for you if you accept him.
In your darkest hour when you feel alone he will hold you and keep you worm.

Ok wow that went a bit off but i felt like something took over me and i just need to say all that lol

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

That would likely be the Holy Spirit, and some people still think the Holy Spirit can't inspire writing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It should be, "Why I hate religion but love Jesus." Im not religious but seems like Jesus had the right idea, and I don't think he wanted people to get paid to preach his idea. It should be more intuitive.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mistaken_mystery
It should be, "Why I hate religion but love Jesus." Im not religious but seems like Jesus had the right idea, and I don't think he wanted people to get paid to preach his idea. It should be more intuitive.

You are correct. The apostle Paul says many times that he and the other apostles worked with their hands. He actually commands that everyone that is part of the church work with their hands. He does say that teachers have a right to food and clothing for teaching the message but he urges people not to use this right.

He actually says that anyone who teaches the message for pay did so because they chose to and not because they were chosen. And finally he says that since they worked for pay that they have received their reward.

This is why he taught without accepting pay, he even went as far as to say he was stealing when he did take a small amount from one church to help him on his journey to another region. Anyone who teaches without receiving financial gain will be rewarded in heaven.

Yes this is all in the bible, hard to believe so many ignore this message isn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

You are misunderstanding this guy.
The person talking in the video in the OP says that religion killed John the Baptist, which is not true, the religious people were coming to him to be baptized, while it was the non-religious people who killed John the Baptist because they wanted to fornicate without anyone having a negative opinion about it.
He starts out asking, "What if I told you Jesus came to get rid of religion?"
Well, he would be lying. Jesus reinterpreted religion and I suppose Jesus never wanted Christianity either.
From the standpoint of being a Christian, the narrator might as well be an atheist because they say the same thing, do good things like feed the poor and that sort of thing but don't worship a god.
He goes on to say that changing your behavior is just dressing up a corpse, while the Bible tells us faith without works is dead, so he is directly contradicting the Bible.
He says he is strong in boasting of his weakness and that is a man-made religion he is practicing right there, where Jesus never talked about glorying in your sinfulness but to seek the reward of the over-comer.
He goes on to say that religion is slavery while Jesus sets us free, which is the opposite of what the Bible teaches which is to be slaves to serve, as Jesus came to be a servant.
He says religion says to do while Jesus says, "Done". This is twisting scripture to suite your opinions. Jesus never says to rely on his finished work but that if we believe in him and love him we will keep his commandments. What was done was the old system of sacrifices, not the thing God desires which is obedience. People who want to avoid obedience still offer God sacrifices in its place but dressed up as Jesus, where the Bible never says that Jesus' blood was to be a payment for our sins.
According to this dude, "religion and Jesus are two different planets, one is man searching for God, while the other is God searching for man". He says this without any qualification as to who or what this "religion" is but we have to assume he means Christianity, except he says it is Christianity that is God searching for man, so this is all of a sudden not making sense, if Christianity is religion. Maybe this next line is where the qualification comes, "which is why salvation is freely mine", and "forgiveness is my own" (while pointing his fingers into his chest), so he is talking about a personal religion now, one that only exists in his own mind.
Then his theology comes in, ". . . not based on my merits, but based on (points up to the sky) Jesus' obedience alone." He goes on to describe the passion scene. "He took away all (mumble) deserve. I guess that's why you call it grace." Then more descriptive narration on the passion. ". . . he absorbed all your sin". So this person apparently is a prophet to explain what was going on where the Gospels left that out. ". . . he buried it in the tomb" more filling in the blanks left by the Gospels, by our young prophet. ". . . which is why I am kneeling at the cross, saying, 'Come on over, there is room". I guess this is the poetry part, where room rhymes with tomb, very clever.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Maybe so cos i really did feel something come over me when i was writing that and it took me way of track lol

But the message is still real, love your brothers and sisters and show them love and they will also love you we will all see the light soon even the ones that dont think so, and i have no religion i just know jesus tried to tell us believe in god for heis all and we are him.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Don't worry about jmdewey, he is a religious troll and actually rejects the words of Jesus in this thread. He also claims "the Bible never says that Jesus' blood was to be a payment for our sins", which is complete hogwash. (Isaiah 53:5.)

Jesus always brings the message of love and oneness. Religion always divides and persecutes.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Your miss understanding, the OP's video. He believes in God, and Jesus.
But is pretty much telling you forget about religion for it is a man made thing.
Did Jesus not say you don't need to go to church to pray to god?,
So why do we have so many church's and stuff if we don't need them?, and pay them money every time we go?. Why do them priest drive brand new cars well people walk in their bare feet home?
Why do they have so much money when so many are hungry?..
Think about all that....
that was not Jesus message or Gods.
He never wanted that, thats why he was against it all.
Real followers don't need money or gains as gods love is enough when you feel it in your heart and soul...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

. . . complete hogwash. (Isaiah 53:5.)
It might be useful to actually quote the verse, which I will in the NETBible version.

He was wounded because of our rebellious deeds, crushed because of our sins; he endured punishment that made us well; because of his wounds we have been healed.

The context of this passage in Isaiah is the return of the priestly class from exile. Not everyone from Judah and Jerusalem were removed by Babylon, but it was the upper class including the ones who ran the temple. They felt they undeservedly were being punished by exile because they were doing what was right, while it was the people (the ones not sent into exile) who were the ones sinning by not properly observing all the restrictions placed upon them by The Lord. Be that as it may, they felt that it was their suffering on behalf of the people which was what accounted for things being set right and the opportunity for a general restoration.
So this is a bit of a parable where this class of people are personified as an individual to demonstrate what they had gone through and how they should be honored now that they have returned and we have people who can touch the sacred vessels where during the exile there was not.

Religion always divides and persecutes.
The word in the New Testament translated as, religion, means to worship God.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

What if you don't know God?

the what does religion mean?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

That would be "Hallelujah" - meaning "praise God" - and it is said to be the only word that is translated the same in every language. The word HalleluYah is used 27 times (23 times in the TaNaKH and 4 times in the New Testament) in the Bible corresponding to the 27 bones in the human hand. The literal meaning of praise is to raise up the hands.

Quit trying to intentionally deceive people.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It would be irrelevant since they would not have any interest in the subject, I would think.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Seems you are Jewish, using the term, "in the TaNaKH", in place of the term "Old Testament", which would explain your affinity to the video you posted since you see Jesus as merely a sacrificial animal.
And why are you replying to me since according to you I am just a troll?
The Old Testament does not have the provision for sins as in a sin against God for breaking His commandments, as something you did, other than a mistake, as in you inadvertently did something without realizing that you were doing something wrong. That is a Christian philosophy retroactively set up to indicate a prior belief in blood for sin payment. Payment in the Old Testament was cash, usually, to repay a specific person for some wrong you did them.
But sinners were either killed outright, or driven out of the country so as not to pollute the land.
Jesus is our Passover, which is not a sin sacrifice, but protects us from the avenging angel while we prepare to enter the promised land. The blood of Jesus is used to sanctify the Altar of Judgment in the New Covenant system which replaced the old system. We are not relived of responsibility to be righteous but it is now by grace, meaning we are given the holy spirit though we are undeserving, so we can live a life of faith to obedience, then we will be judged by that measurement, one of faith and not as before, by works, meaning of the former ritualized worship.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Quit trying to intentionally deceive people.

James 1:27
Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

The Greek word translated, religion, is threskeia, which is also translated as, worship, where one is the active form, meaning to practice threskeia, it means worship.
Colossians 2:18
Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels . . .

top topics

join