It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Were Warned! Obama Adminstration Gathering personal Data on Sites Like ATS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I completely agree with what you say, it feels as if you took the words right out of my mouth. The government should fear the people. I feel like the government knows that if we try to change how this constitution works by not participating in elections the only other way to move people is by fear, yet we should not be afraid of them. I believe people who truly want to change the world and make this world a better place would listen to what everyone has to say, granted we are human beings and can't listen to everyone but honestly the only thing this "spying" is going to result in is just the people questioning and becoming more suspicious of the government. At some point someone like us, and by us I mean those who believe that the government is not helping much of the problems that we face today and is only resulting in war, prejudice and greed as well as unfair power. Look at SOPA and PIPA that too shows that the government has too much power, but it's only because sometimes we forget about what is really going on because we are so full of our lives. Yet when we stop and think about the government and all the problems around us we realize that what they are doing is wrong, they lie to us, hide things from us and even cover things up, that's not a real government you could even compare it to a secret organization in some ways. The government needs to stop lying otherwise we make take our power back .

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me one bit. Honestly I believe they've been logging and collecting data long before the Obama administration. Speaking of Obama, people really need to read groingrinders post and digest it because it's excellent food for thought. We the people are getting played and duped to go vote every four years for the lesser of two evils.

The problem is made even worse when you throw people who are racist into the mix and refuse to see what the American political system for what it truly is, unrestrained EVIL.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Good. I hope you all get sent to FEMA camps and get starved to death.

All America Haters can go to hell.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
They don't mean to make a secret that they're watching us. They want us to read all about it. They want us to hesitate to say anything critical. They want us to get scared and sit on our butts and cry about how scary and all-powerful they are.

But they're not. This BS won't stand. The NDAA won't stand. Drones circling our homes and gathering places won't stand. Institutionalized police brutality won't stand. SOPA and PIPA won't stand. Internet IDs won't stand....

This is just another sign that they have good reason to fear us; and they ARE starting to fear us--more than we fear them. As long as they have us splintered and divided and at each other's throats they're safe; but when they get us ALL pissed at them they're in serious trouble. And the more they do this sort of thing, the more of us they get pissed off.

This will not stand....

Great Reply.

I also see the actions by our government of the past 10 years as maniacal, and almost defensive, not only to outside nations but to it's own people. So that implies some sort of panic, or fear.

And you're right, these illegal and unconstitutional acts and laws may be passing now. But if they continue to pile up, all those hindered by them will have a common enemy.

People unite against a common enemy, and well, federal Government, that's you!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Last year and before, the administration began taking steps to enable the surreptitious monitoring of sites such as ATS.

ahhh you mean during the Bush Administration ! the Obama Administration kinda sorta
just took over where they left off ,, in reality ! It's Neither Administration ! its the Coup of the N.S.A. C.I.A. and F.B.I. and will Always be! ONES!! that were doing this !! it doesn't care to recognize what Party
tho it been leaning towards The Conservative Right Wingers as most of that kind is mostly Republican

are you serious you didn't know that The Government Scans these type of Site's
they watch our every move !

even some members that are well known might be !

For my Guess work its a possibility

Some just pop out of the blue just itching to interact to disinfo, try to redirect , or just plain Slandering & Slamming like Bill o-Reilly of Fox News !

you can see that they came on with a only few post ,mostly sticking to only one category subject or you may see the ones that's been here longer can Answer quickly (lightning Speed ) in all types of Category's in the ATS Forums ! some may be in teams like the Orwellian ministry of Truth, !

They are here and have always been in here

You see jdub297 Your are always at risk for revealing information and Its their job to
redirect it and Try call it game over.. some may be within this site ! The Owners the Operators the Forum Administrators All Could be part of the CIA NSA Team

as One famous Member was kicked out Banned for not Revealing Answers to Prove himself Quick Enough ? or just a Simple Question .. and he hasn't been back sense and tho at time as claimed by ATS he Broke a Policy kind a Rule.. From An Argument ... ? Someone lied etc.. The Owners have defended themselves over and Over as
John Lear has Also ..., to me its still a Stalemate of what happened as the Post was deleted

thelivingmoon.com
What happened to John Lear? Conspiracy??
www.thelivingmoon.com...

My advice
Just watch what you say
and Do Copy every post and Mirror every Thread you have made
as i made many mistakes of not doing so as its been deleted or moved to the Off Topic Forum
or from ATS Violations and i was unable to defend myself .... I didn't remember what ive posted

and Especially Don't Piss off Skeptic Overlord from saying anything extremely Negative about Religion Especially Christianity! that I kind of do Respect .. '

Just a Reminder NSA almost got into any System through the Internet back in the late 90s
All because of Microsoft Windows 95 having a Backdoor within Windows 95 Linking With a CPU Processor called Pentium III ( 3) with its Serial Number with shady deals with the government & NSA Security as its claimed they did it again with windows 7

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I wonder...

illegal
immigrant
outbreak
drill
strain
virus
recovery
deaths
collapse
constitution
OWS
trojan
overthrow
Obama
suitcase
dirty
bomb
Anonymous

These red flagged words should bring someone to my door soon. Or not. Let's see what happens...

as they have been doing this since the 60s the CIA & NSA in the Tele- Phone Lines! during the Cold War!
Those Trigger Words Especially the Un-american Committee of the 50s and 60s

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Can they even lock or delete threads made by people? because I`ve asked about a certain "secret" site twice and for no reason it gets locked or deleted....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
How flattering they are paying people good tax money to read the drivel I type.
And you wonder why the country is broke?

Now he's asking for a $1.2 Trillion raise on the debt ceiling -
Just so they can read our posts!!

WE ARE NUMBER ONE! WE ARE NUMBER ONE!!

ETA: USA! USA! (gotta cover my butt ya know)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
Obama and his thugs can kiss my lily white ass, hows that for dissent?

I'll raise you one, and post my Black one beside yours(non-touching, lol) in a display of universal F.YOU-ery. Now, if only there were brown, yellow and red ones to join us, we'd have a multi-ethnic display of "Leave Us the Kuf Alone!...or Else" also known as the LUTFAE org.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There aint much they can do about my postings; I kinda lean toward the UFOs/aliens stuff so all they can really label me is as a nutcase, which in that case, I got the happy pills and paperwork to prove it

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Indigo5

Here is the actual Memo....

www.dhs.gov...

It is about compiling a network of politicians and reporters for the purposes of releasing information during national disaster and recovery. It has all types of limitations to that effect. They are looking for means to communicate news in "real time" during a disaster.

Doesn't mean the gov doesn't spy on us, but this document/announcement has nothing to do with it.

The OP and similair articles took the memo I linked to and excluded content that clarifies it's purpose and limitations.

The link is right there....always look for the actual doc...never trust the spin.

Sadly the only response the OP was fishing for here were emotional ones that rely on ignorance of the facts.

Star..In fairness the OP was not the only one. It took a little effort and googling was difficult because of the hundred plus right wing sites running with this hoax....none of which linked to the original press release, which is always a red flag and made me want to find it more.

The strategy is to troll for anything that might make Pres. Obama look bad and then take it out of context, add some conspiracey fiction and ...walla...you have people getting implanted microchips in the health care bill. People read "Obama" and a certain segment immediately turn off their logic centers.

(1) Certain agencies like the NSA do in fact spy on American citizens, that was demonstrated during President Bush's term and I am sure it still occurs...but not the Agency responsible for operations and communications during a national disaster.

(2) Any agency that is planning on illegally spying on American citizens...is not going to issue a Press Release explaing the same.

(3) The actual Press Release, who none of these spinners chose to link too, clearly explains it's purpose and limitations...disaster response...dissemenating info in times of disaster...earthquake, Hurricaines etc via online reporters, social networks etc.

It's all there for anyone who actually chooses to read the doc vs. engage in conspiratorial/idealogical fiction.

www.dhs.gov...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
so should I stop joining conspiracy sites? Is it safer to just browse content and not join? Now I am scared.

Nah. They monitor your surfing habits, too, so just reading isn't anonymity. Instead of fearing the monitoring, embrace it. Hug it like a brother. Use it to feed the monitors the poison of your choice.

Do you buy stuff with plastic, say, maybe books? they monitor that, too.

Do you have a library card? That can be, and in some cases is, monitored too.

You can't escape it altogether, so embrace it. Use it to feed them false information.

It's the American way!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Homeland Security Is Monitoring The Drudge Report, The New York Times

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Well Obama and his minions are every bit the monsters I thought they were, they certainly didn't let me down.
edit on 093131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Precisely why I get my news from The Onion. I didn't see them on the list.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
Obama and his thugs can kiss my lily white ass, hows that for dissent?

I'll raise you one, and post my Black one beside yours(non-touching, lol) in a display of universal F.YOU-ery. Now, if only there were brown, yellow and red ones to join us, we'd have a multi-ethnic display of "Leave Us the Kuf Alone!...or Else" also known as the LUTFAE org.

Mine is the rosy red one...

the government can kiss my rosy red butt-tocks,

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

(3) The actual Press Release, who none of these spinners chose to link too, clearly explains it's purpose and limitations...disaster response...dissemenating info in times of disaster...earthquake, Hurricaines etc via online reporters, social networks etc.

You may choose to believe that if you like, if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy towards them. I can only assume you've never been in either a hurricane or an earthquake - communications are sparse at best in such events, and social networking is not generally regarded as priority one by the survivors.

I recall going to work in the aftermath of one hurricane, where they issued brand new cell phones to us emergency responders. They were so proud of themselves for thinking ahead! Problem was, there was no power anywhere, and NONE of the cell phone towers were operational - they had given us expensive paper weights!

Any DHS folks planning on monitoring twitter in the aftermath of an emergency better stock up on coffee so they can stay awake, because flying comms aren't going to bother them much!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've now read this entire thread, all 10 pages, and I have a couple of thoughts to add....

Election year. TPTB (which is not Obama, nor will it be whoever's name-plate sits on the desk a year from now) want people to get out there and believe that they, by voting, have expressed themselves as a citizen.

The more I learn, not just from here, but from many, many different sources and observations, both ancient and modern, the more I believe the entire "Presidency" thing is rigged.

There IS a shadow World Runners group, and too many people are now aware of it...so I'd think they're very worried (that shadow mob), because if people DO make a run on the banks, or take to the streets and refuse to participate anymore in the charade, they (same shadow mob) will be chopped off at the knees.

We need to realize and act upon the fact that we have the power, we REALLY DO have the power to STOP participating. They can't throw all of us in prison. They can't build a prison big enough to surround all of us. They can't implement martial law, either, because Wee the Peeps would not stand for it...no no.

There is a quiet rage simmering, and when it boils over, it's going to look like "anarchy". The shadow mob knows they must watch their backs now, because if the citizens of the USA revolt and overthrow the government -- not by supposedly "VOTING THEM OUT" (which in my opinion has nothing to do with who they're going to put in the Oval Office next) but by simply IGNORING them and building communities that are self-sustaining, healthy, and dignified and minding OUR OWN BUSINESS the way we see fit, they have no more power.

So we know what would happen if there WERE a run on the banks. They would fail. And they should be ALLOWED to fail. Now, what would happen if there were a boycott on election day, and NO ONE went to the polls?

I would love to see that scenario. No one voted. No one. Except the candidates ...
the election night tickers on MSM would look like this: Democrat Guy 2 Republican Guy 1 Libertarian Guy 1
....then the next morning the ticker would say: Whoever They'd Already Chosen: 50

Would the citizenry accept that? I think NOT.

edit on 13-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by wildtimes because: spelling & stuff

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Right on brother we'll give him a rainbow of asses to kiss! He can go right down the line we'll even get a green martian ass.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You lot should stop criticising Obama. He is a great guy and the best possible president America could have at these times. Sure he is not perfect but he wants peace, he brought you change and has always had your best interests at heart if you just give him a chance. People are too hard on him and if you just left him alone I am sure he could fix the economy and make the world a better place.

Obama really is not all bad, he is creating jobs for us disinfo agents.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Why, I'm voting for him next election! I'm ready to burn this baby down and see what crawls out of the ashes, and Obama is just the man for THAT job! He's been doing GREAT at destroying the nation so far - I think 4 more years will give us the ash heap we need!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Join us in telling obama to taste the rainbow

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join