It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camera Flash/Something Else?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kirstiehughes

He was shooting directly into the window light. In other words, you're backlit. It looks like a normal lens flare to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

not a prob
be careful with that program you are viewing the pictures in, if you do any rotations or changes it DEEPLY impacts the picture quality!!!! do them in something else dont ever use that if you want to print the pictures someday lol i learned the hard way.

good luck on your conquest.
n hey still a good pic just has some reflected drool effects

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3

not a prob
be careful with that program you are viewing the pictures in, if you do any rotations or changes it DEEPLY impacts the picture quality!!!! do them in something else dont ever use that if you want to print the pictures someday lol i learned the hard way.

good luck on your conquest.
n hey still a good pic just has some reflected drool effects

Every time you save changes into a jpg format, it recompresses. So, it's lossy. If you work in a tiff or other lossless format, it's better. But for print it shouldn't kill your final result unless you're saving at a very low res and high compression rate.

I still contend this is lens flare. No flash appears to have been used here.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
its an a lens dust spec or a small lens flare thats at a weird angle. all the light falls on your body's outlines because of its direction. We use this in VFX for film and its called a light wrap where the characters are surrounded by the environment's light to fake them into the location even if theyre in front of a green screen.The spec under your lip is lit from the front 100% and has no falloff which means its close to the lens, on the lens or a lens flare.

Then again, "ghosts" dont really abide by regular physics so anything is possible. That said, this doesnt look like anything associated to anything paranormal.
edit on 14-1-2012 by buggy166 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

yea i should have added about jpeg format too, and if no flash was used it could have been the sun reflecting off of something as well,
very possible it does look quite sunny, and it seems like that could be another explanation as well as dust or lens flares

edit on 15-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join