It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find it sad that 65% of Americans don't research.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Don't you just hate it when you give a bunch of evidence to the "average person" and he or she just simply says "show me the evidence you crack pot conspiracy theorists!" or they just give you the middle finger because they hate you...
But WHY is it that a lying government tells them some fictional promises and everyone believes them and "goes with the flow"

I am just giving an example.... all though top experts say it is impossible for a building like WTC 7 to fall in free fall speed in low amount of fire..if a house can't collapse with a big fire why would a tall structure fall from tiny flames which could have been extinguished by the sprinkler system

I did some research not from the conspiracy theorists...but from wikipedia and demolition, and most demolition experts just debunk the idea that jet fuel can exceed 2000F while being in-golfed by huge amounts of smoke...
some speculate that "super thermite" was used as a paint alternative and that is what caused the building to collapse

Fire+weak oxygen+a lot of smoke= very low temp fires and no where near melting any kind of industrial metal girder.

And why is it that no one actually reads the official story? they just say "uhuh uhuh yeah that's right" and those people who go on NatGEO pretending to be experts on something.. were totally bought and paid for to tell lies

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

I know, they won't listen - it's like an empty soda can hitting a fence - does the fence free fall to the ground.
Concrete to fine powder, a building never hit by a plane that free fell to destruction, explosive residue. I told a guy the other week, what about WTC7 the third building that fell - answer "What third building?" It's hopeless.......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That's all fine and dandy.... but where did you get 65%??

This is ATS, numbers without sources are like planes without wings... They don't fly.

link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Haha wow what an imbecile...i mean i'm not too big with grammar on the internet but i manage to do just fine with researching.

link   
I have heard that more than 50 percent of all statistics are made up ....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

You mean surveys on what people think or what? please elaborate further.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And although I don't believe in the popular "terrorists in planes took down the towers" I wouldn't go so far to say they "don't research". Some people do research and their train of research leads them to other conclusions. That's how life goes.

Not really a reason to get upset with the "other" crowd. If everybody agreed with you, or us, we'd be pretty bored.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
65%? Can i get a source, not attacking you just would like to see if your statistics are reliable.
But I can believe it, growing up I was the only kid who talked about conspiracy theories.
The only kid in probably my entire school that did more research online then in classes.
Everybody expects to watch the news and know everything, most of the U.S. citizens are deluded through education, media, and popular opinion. If we want to see real change, we have to approach teaching are kids
to research and find information properly.. It all starts with education and getting rid of the hierarchy that poisons our youth.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wait... we'll get down to 10% in a few more replies

I would also like to see where 65% came from. I read quite a bit. Me being here proves that. I would consider reading, reasearch.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon

You mean surveys on what people think or what? please elaborate further.

How ironic

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
I am just giving an example.... all though top experts say it is impossible for a building like WTC 7 to fall in free fall speed in low amount of fire..if a house can't collapse with a big fire why would a tall structure fall from tiny flames which could have been extinguished by the sprinkler system

What "top experts" said that?

A house is not a valid comparison to WTC7. Remember that the WTC7 sprinklers were disabled by the falling towers.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Double post sorry.
edit on 11-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
And although I don't believe in the popular "terrorists in planes took down the towers" I wouldn't go so far to say they "don't research". Some people do research and their train of research leads them to other conclusions. That's how life goes.

Not really a reason to get upset with the "other" crowd. If everybody agreed with you, or us, we'd be pretty bored.

Nope, unfortunately if people researched theres no way that they could by the OS. Its all bull sh*t and its come to the point, where our government can get away with this sh*t right in front of us, lie about it, and everyone buys it, because its easier to deny the truth, then accept it when it is a horrible one.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Now if you had said 33.3% do the research then we would have a conspiracy cooking!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I dont know if the percentage is accurate but I'll agree that plenty of people dont bother to research anything.

Even sitting in front of a computer connected to all the internets of the world people would sooner spout off some nonsense they believe to be true rather than take a moment to look it up.

Research is like going to the doctor. Nobody wants bad news so they keep putting it off until they're dragged in by paramedics.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yeah that's the problem, people don't look into things themselves. If the propaganda mouthpieces on the television laugh at conspiracies, clearly they're crazy, so that's enough investigative research for them. If the government publishes a report, it's gotta be solid. (Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse)

I'd say the work of Architects and Engineers For 9/11 Truth should be enough to convince people that the towers were brought down by controlled demolition. We have some of the most experienced and credible people in those fields in the international community who are putting their reputation on the line just to say "Look, the facts simply don't allign with what we saw. It was controlled demolition".

Blueprint for 9/11 Truth is a good one, as well as Experts Speak Out, which I still haven't got around to finishing completely. I'm in the process of making a thread over that one, and I already have one made over Blueprint for 9/11 Truth which is linked in my signature.

If you've taken time on your own to investigate it, and still buy the official story....well that's what you think happened. But at least you took the time to look into it. But people who don't even spend 20 minutes investigating the evidence backing up a controlled demolition, then go off spouting rhetoric like "OMG you're so crazy and unpatriotic, conspiracy theorists are kooky. Terrorists flew planes in the buildings and that's ALL that happened" have absolutely no respect from me.

A friend of mine posted a big note on Facebook about 9/11 being an inside job and the evidence backing this on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11, and I could not believe the sheer ignorance displayed by the official story believers. Ad hominem attacks literally calling him crazy, incredibly hostile tones of people saying things like "How dare you show disrespect for the victims of 9/11", and I kid you not, a post that said (paraphrased from memory) "Conspiracy theorists are crazy. Let's stick to the facts. 19 terrorists hijacked planes and killed 3,000 American citizens. That's ALL that happened".

It made me want to jump out of a window or something, the incredibly willfully ignorant masses don't just not question authority, but go as far as attacking anybody who does.
edit on 11-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I like your post every one can relate to it. I have found that its just best not to argue with those people. They have all ready made their minds up, some of them are to scared, some of them dont understand or dont want to understand how conspiracy's work. For allot of people its about pride, they want to fell smart and educated, when some one knows more about a subject people can fell threatened. Their ego defense turns on. Learning that 9/11 is a inside job can lead to other conspiracy's, it has a chain effect. It will change your life, its just their ego resisting changes witch they have been brain washed to believe are crazy. Just let them be, its a waist of time you could be talking to a group that is open to the subjects.

I am not trying to be rude so dont take it the wrong way but..... I think its ignorant to use statistic numbers. Statistics can be shaped and formed and even pulled right out of your ass. Like saying %65 of American's dont do research. You all so claim to strive for the truth (not saying you dont) but you have a cartoon network character as your avatar. I dont know if you have done any research into TV, Music or really any main stream media but its just as a big if not worse of a conspiracy then 9/11. TV is one of the worlds most powerful weapons if not the most powerful. Its the reason for most of this cluster #.
edit on 11-1-2012 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

This is a direct result of a nation of people who have been raised and educated by Television and the media.

A better statistic is the number of Americans who have actually read a book lately and or read anything beside what is provided via the Main Stream Media.

Thats why many if not most Americans believe everything they see on their Televisions...for it's considerably easier than researching it themselves and/or reading a book and actually learning something.

This is also as to why this nation is in the trouble that it's in....people simply don't understand what the man behind the curtain is really doing.

Because it isn't on their Television...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
67.4% of all statistics are made up within 3.2 seconds by 98.3% of all knowitalls on 77.203% of all websites.

86.3% of all people reading them only believe 41.7% of what they read, 68.4% of the time.

12.6% of the time, they are right.

What I say, however, is right 100% of the time. I was wrong, once, in 1973, but I got over it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join