It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Army game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This I can't believe. It's a simulator game financed and designed by the U.S. Army, for anyone. It requires at least a 32 bit video to run. But it gets even better. It encourages Enlisted soldiers to play it, by saying you get a personalized name with tags! I don't know about you guys, but I thought GTA ViceCity was a bad enough example on kids. Anyhow have any of you heard of this game or played it?

heres link

www.americasarmy.com...

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow. Is this game going to be sold to the public or is it just an on-line download?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If I played the one your talking about, its a download. Not a great game either.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I downloaded this game before.Its a fairly realistic FPS. The thing that sucked was the Frag gernades, they had such a huge area of influence.

Overall, it was a great game. BIG problem is, your vulnerable to hacker attacks.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Were you within 5 meters of them when the blew? As grenades have an approximate kill radius of 25 feet.

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What is wrong with the game? Is it hte fact that it deals with the USA army or is it realy bloody and graphic?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
this game rules!! Why are you so negative?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It looks awesome now that I went to the site. Maybe I'll download it. But why are some of yoiu mainly ADVISOR being so negative?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm just saying video games that grafic should be restricted better. Look at how todays kids act as it is. School rampages and middleeastern bomberbabies, I'm just saying kids should not be able to play these(being GTA vice city or any GTA, any bloody/ violent) types of games. it exsposes them(children) to a type of desensativity, makeing them more comfortable with death and violence. with stuff like that really happening children shouldnt find it a playful past time. As for me, I'm a hypocrite becuase I like those games and playthem too.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i got pissed playing it so i just went after the DI and he called for the MP's

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
No kidding thats awsome! Next time try sneaking off and out fitting an counter assault on the MPs.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I'm just saying video games that grafic should be restricted better. Look at how todays kids act as it is. School rampages and middleeastern bomberbabies, I'm just saying kids should not be able to play these(being GTA vice city or any GTA, any bloody/ violent) types of games. it exsposes them(children) to a type of desensativity, makeing them more comfortable with death and violence. with stuff like that really happening children shouldnt find it a playful past time. As for me, I'm a hypocrite becuase I like those games and playthem too.

Its not the retailers problem. Noone can stop kids from playing these games. If they go to a friends house and play it, what can anyone do? Its a blame game. The companies that make the games say its the parents fault, the parents say its the retailers fault, etc...

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
PlanetSide>Americas Army

I am in PS beta, and love it

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Is it a multiplayer game?

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
planetside?
yeah its a mmorpg but is a fps

supah fun you fight over planets and take over bases and can drive vehicles and use all kinds of crazy armor and weapons and implants

top topics

join