It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream sounds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I am hearing very distinct sounds in dreams, that wake me up. Doorbells, knocking. These do not continue after I wake up and if I do a search, there are no physical causes for the sounds found. Does anyone else experience this?

It feels like I am losing it. I cannot explain it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

It seems like your subconscious mind is expecting some type of disturbance (like company), therefore it wakes you up. There was a member recently who had a thread on his dreams of armageddon...and I think dreams (although mysterious) are mainly metaphorical representations of what your conscious and subconscious mind are concerned with. Either way I wouldn't worry, I'm sure once you stop thinking about it you'll be O.K.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I get this too, absolutely sure that I heard knocking and in some cases voices calling my name only to find there is no source. It could be explained away as being your subconcious but it could also be down to other factors. If it helps, I don't think you are losing it, I have heard similar accounts from plenty of other people, some say it's a paranormal experience or indeed a spiritual one. Personally, I am not sure what to think, there never seems to be any corralation with any events that occur previous or subsequent to it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow I have been searching the internet about this too. It's like I hear things before I actually start dreaming!! I know I am sleep though and when I wake up they stop. No one else in my fam experiences this. Super weird though If I find any metaphysical background on this I'll post the info!! Kinda good to know I'm not alone though!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I've had the knocking on the door thing.

I like to think that even though it seems like I heard the noise and woke up simultaneously, that it actually took me like 5 minutes to wake up and by that time the person gave up and left.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
happens to me all the time, ill hear an explosion or someone yelling, usually happens when i fall asleep in the middle of a deep thought

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Okay I have to reply to this, but I will keep it short. Earlier today I was on ATS and started to respond to another dream thread because, well, I came to ATS with the intention of talking about the dream I had last night and wouldn't you know it I found a brand new thread talking about the same thing. So I typed out a rather lengthy post about my dream and how I see it tying into their's, and other people's. Anyhow it got deleted when my internet force closed and I lost it all. Yeah I know, boo hoo, but it frustrated me and I felt like I couldn't write it all out again, I had broken my concentration and lost my train of thought.

Besides, I got over it, and the content of the dream is irrelevant (to this thread).

Almost as soon as I rolled over to my side and dozed off, I heard a pretty loud knock. It woke me up. I knew the knock wasn't something I heard in my physical vicinity - no doors in my house sound like that and it was like RIGHT next to me. I knew the knock had come from the dreamworld. But SO FAST, almost as soon as "my head hit the pillow".

I don't know why, but I sat up maybe halfway and said "No. Go away. Leave me alone."

Then when I fell back asleep I began dreaming immediately. I was woken up again by my dream (not a knock the knock was only at the beginning) not once, but twice. The first time I pretty much just rubbed my eyes, then rolled over and went back to sleep... and was right back in the dream where I had left off. The second time I woke up, I actually got up and went downstairs to the kitchen for a glass of water. When I got back in bed, I fell right back to sleep, and again found myself right back in the dream.

Weird stuff happening in the dreamworld lately (not to mention the strange world I inhabit when I'm awake!). I don't even know how to begin explaining it, but one thing is for sure - dreams are getting more and more vivid. And things are seemingly heating up... for what, I don't know. I suppose that's what we're all trying to figure out.

But the knocking. The knocking is what really got to me. And why did I say go away? I didn't even ask who it was.
edit on 11-1-2012 by cwilson because: ETA - So much for keeping it short. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
as i was falling asleep last night i heard a sound which sounded like 2 knocks on my front door. thing is it was about 12 and my dog didnt start getting excited (like she always does when there's a knock at the door) so i knew it was in my mind.
it did wake me up but i put it down to my subconcious playing tricks as my 'go-to-bed' routine was slightly out becuase i usually check the back door and i didnt last night.

dont stress yourself thinking about it its just your mind playing tricks, there's nothing else to it

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cwilson

I don't know if this would apply to you at all but, I've been wondering if I've been knocking on my headboard in my sleep! I know sometimes I wake up all twisted up and the pillow across the room and wonder what in the world I do in my sleep!

I also have had dreams like that too. One of the few times I had a nightmare, I woke up repeatedly and every time I went back to sleep the dream picked up where it left off. I chalked it up to the sleep deprivation and constant drunkenness I was going through at the time. It was very strange though.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is a little off topic, but still relates to weird happenings in dreams.

Last night I had a dream that I was out with a metal detector looking for all things Roman. I remember it crystal clear, I was walking up this kind of rocky hill and got a little stuck.

Anyway, I've never even touched or been interested in a metal detector, nor have I seen one on TV lately. I found some buried coins with a body and armour.

Woke up this morning, checked Google news as I always do... And read this story: www.smh.com.au... of someone who went out with a metal detector, found armour.

I know it's probably nothing but a huge coincidence but it really had me shocked.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wow Guys great responses! Comforting for sure. I also have had my name called. That is really freaky cause some Native American Tribes believe when you hear your name called your going to die. I heard my name for the first time ages ago, so for me at least, it isn't true.

I will be checking for more repsonses. Thank all of you for sharing your experiences. Nice not to feel alone.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Perhaps you put it there in a previous life, so knew it was there and that someone was about to find your treasure, anything is possible in this world/life. And no I'm not being sarcastic i'm being serious to you, sleep tight don't let the bed bug sbite

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by missiongal

Loved that post. It was really bizarre. I told my other half when she woke up and the first thing she said was "Did you read the news before you went to bed?"

It had me thinking but I definitely didn't, the article was published in the morning, I double checked.

If I were to be from history though... I'd love it to have been Roman times or Victorian times... I'd have to be rich though cause most people had piss poor lives back then.

new topics

top topics

join