It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mushroom Cloud Seen After N.Korea Explosion 9/9/04

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is not good. I have family is Seoul, South Korea and the last thing they need is radiation contaminating them.

Strange... why would they say it's anything other than a nuclear blast? How can a forest fire create an explosion of that magnitude?

To me, the fact they're trying so hard to hide it from us shows it was a nuclear blast.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Strange... why would they say it's anything other than a nuclear blast? How can a forest fire create an explosion of that magnitude?
To me, the fact they're trying so hard to hide it from us shows it was a nuclear blast.

If it was a blast, they would want to desiminate information slowly so as to not spark a general panic. This type of even could play havoc on the economy, the price of oil etc. Better to let out bits of info, let people talk it up and then give out measured pieces of the information.

I hope you family is alright. maybe give them a call and see if they have heard anything????

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Anyone notice they say it took place on Sept 9 11am.
Was it done at that time to symbolize 911?

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 12-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Anyone notice the story on Fox they say it took place on Sept 9 11am.
Was it done at that time to symbolize 911?

www.foxnews.com...

Good pick up Ace, I never put those two toghter. Kim is a master at propaganda inside NK, but sending a message to the US that way would be just his style. Interesting......

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Either that or (if this can be confirmed) it is an illuminati act that removed Kim Jong Il from the face of the planet. The symbolism certainly raises several hypotheses, although the weather seems to be a valid distraction.

I wonder what kinds of fireworks we'll see once more people wake up & get to work.

Can your family in SK confirm or add to any of the reports?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A Washington Times article from September 8 2004:

North Korea Warns of 'Nuclear Arms Race
SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea accused the United States of applying a double standard on the Korean Peninsula and warned Wednesday of a nuclear arms race in Northeast Asia following the revelation that South Korean scientists enriched a tiny amount of uranium in 2000.

The controversy over the South Korean experiment threatened to further disrupt troubled efforts to persuade North Korea to dismantle its suspected nuclear weapons programs.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been asked, I have really short attention span and can't read the whole 6 pages.

Could U.S. have attacked North Korea with a nuclear bomb or could the terrorists have attacked them?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
An article from Sept 2 2004 on South Korea's uranium enrichment experiments:

US in contact with IAEA over South Korea uranium activity
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is probing whether several South Korean scientists have conducted an experiment on separating uranium four years ago,reported the SouthKorean Yonhap News Agency on Thursday.

Yonhap quoted sources at the South Korean Science and Technology Ministry as saying that the IAEA sent investigators to South Korea on Aug. 29 after receiving South Korean government's report that several South Korean scientists have conducted such experiment from January to February in 2000. Enditem

This could be a factor in them deciding to test a Nuclear device.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
This could be a factor in them deciding to test a Nuclear device.

Maybe, kind of like Inda and Pakistan. The question is why show your hand? Announcing you have a nuke by detonating one is almost certain to guarantee some sort of reponce. I think there was better value for making the world wonder does he have one? Notice the kid gloves in the negotiations? Bet they come off now. Its also a failure of China's influence in the region as well. They tried and may have been unable to stop Kim.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Reuters article describing in some detail the offical US opinion at this point on what happened in NK.

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=5JYDNW2IJIV0MCRBAEOCFEY?type=topNews&storyID=6211261

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
was this a nuclear blast - almost certainly.
was it an accident - unlikely
was it a test by NK - why above ground.
could it have been the US - absolutely - who but NK would know...if they started pointing fingers the media would scoff them.

In my mind there's only 2 scenarios - it doesn't matter much which is real for in both NK gets done over- either
1. NK detonated it as a test - this increases the risk to themselves immeasurably -
2. the US did it - and the reasons remain obscure but are not going to be positive for NK.
I hate to say it but they will be a history headline within a few months.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hmm, why do I get the feeling I shouldn't be living either in U.S. or N.K?

Romeo, as you said NK would be scorned for pointing fingers.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Isn't there a gamma ray observatory site that can be checked for that date?
I believe that this is how the US used to watch for nukes back in the cold war.

All the official Nasa ones I found seem to be down:
cossc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Nothing else I can find has real time data, anyone know where to find it?

[edit on 9/12/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Definitely a nuclear test.

I smell another war brewing.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Isn't there a gamma ray observatory site that can be checked for that date?
I believe that this is how the US used to watch for nukes back in the cold war.

All the official Nasa ones I found seem to be down:
cossc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Nothing else I can find has real time data, anyone know where to find it?

LOL www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I am not surprised if this turns out to be a nuclear test. It doesn't take a PhD in psychology to figure out that if the USA has nukes and SILOS waiting to fire them off, why wouldn't other countries be "interested" in making A-Bombs and testing them. Sometimes I think the President and Cabinet....and Congress are SO DUMB!!!
Even kids in a schoolyard want to keep prepared to defend against the bullies. I think most other countries view us as "The Bully".

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yeah, but that is only one, and that one was aimed into space. We used to loft them on balloons, to check for Gamma Radiation. There are also ground based ones.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hiroshima mushroom cloud was 4.8 kilometers.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
THANK GOD......NOTHING LIKE A LITTLE WW3 NUKE CLEANSING OF THE ENTIRE PLANET

GOOD,BAD,ENLIGHTENED,ILLUMINATED,HOLY,UNHOLY AND INDIFFERENT NEED TO BE PURGED...ITS ALL TAINTED

WHATS THAT THING CAESAR USE TO DO AT THE GLADIATOR GAMES?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Maybe it's just Kim's fart.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join