It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your Twinkies now....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE

Originally posted by Destinyone
Oh Noes...not my Twinkies ...

Something I thought would last longer than me. Well...with twinkies, we really haven't a clue what the life span is.

This is a big indicator of how bad our economy really is...

Hostess files for bankruptcy; Twinkie maker’s financial woes include high cost of ingredients, debt
High costs of flour, sugar and other key ingredients as well as snowballing debt

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... zz1j4yLGIbH

Aah, that would explain that then.
(s&f)

Around 4-5 years ago I went to the USA with my ol' man. I had been longing to try a Twinkie since seeing them on the film, 'Richie Rich'...
....(you know, the part where the security guard takes it off the obese kid and then eats it in one go)....again
(i'm strange I know!)

So I bought some and fell in love... but it was that sort of love that you can only see now and then and we couldn't speak over the phone. (twinkies can't talk)

So, fast forward 3 (+or-) years and i'm off to visit my ol' man who now resides in Canada.

I couldn't get hold of ANY.

The 14 days I had out there were soon coming to an end until, on the second to last day.

I got some. (twinkies)

But they were not to my expectations.

It was like going away and leaving your dog behind and then coming back to find he got hit by a car and now he don't run so good.

There was less filling, not as sweet and I was heartbroken to say the least.

I had hyped them up to my friends and work colleagues and they let me down.

So, the whole point of my post was to say that would explain the reduction of EVERYTHING to do with Twinkie and why I left Calgary with a sore heart and a whole in my stomach only the finest, fullest twinkie could fill.

(maybe this should be in short story's....)

Thanks for the heads up anyway.

It will be better this way.

R.I.P Twinkie

edit on 10-1-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

you know, twinkies are something that have been taken for granted all these years, i had noticed but could not pinpoint the change myself though i did remember them being much lest moist and gooy, a lot of the goodness of the original twinkie now that i think about it was taken. But had i not read your entry i would not have noticed. However.... i think that this twinkie is still on my books as one of the worlds most perfect foods... because if its less sweet, with less filling it must be better for you righ>? DONT YOU DARE DISAGREE LET ME HAVE MY DELUSIONS lol

OMG... the poor twinkies. BUT they can make more of them that way at least they lasted this long right>?

oh no... i hope the government bails them out they can do that right>?
twinkies should be the new currency!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh dear an American staple of obesity is in danger of being no more, oh the woes.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

No more drowning my sorrows in a twinkie binge...

No more hiding the box of twinkies in my shopping cart under a pile of lettuce and carrots....

No more stashing twinkies in the freezer behind the frozen broccoli...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

edit on 10-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
OMG the teenage boy will go all Emo on me if he doesn't get a couple boxes of Twinkies a year!.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If hostess really goes out of bussiness. it just isn't twinkies we will lose we will lose all the great snack cakes that they make omg My golden cupcakes, will be gone forever!! I love them so much they are the best cupcake in a package. I will be so heartbroken to lose my golden cupcakes!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TropicKandie
If hostess really goes out of bussiness. it just isn't twinkies we will lose we will lose all the great snack cakes that they make omg My golden cupcakes, will be gone forever!! I love them so much they are the best cupcake in a package. I will be so heartbroken to lose my golden cupcakes!!!

Wonder if our Government will bail them out. Or, provide a new division of social services for those going cold turkey from withdrawals....a Hostess 12 step program at the very least...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

i think that this twinkie is still on my books as one of the worlds most perfect foods... because if its less sweet, with less filling it must be better for you righ>?

There will always be a place in my heart for the twinkie.. but it will be reserved only for the Original Twinkie!

I can't get hold of them in the supermarkets or the shops near me, which meant I could only have what I bought overseas so it didn't matter how unhealthy they were. Mmwaa ha ha!

DONT YOU DARE DISAGREE LET ME HAVE MY DELUSIONS lol

Isn't the Twinkie an American Icon?

Do your laws not state that the Twinkie will be saved if bankruptcy should occur?
Because they should!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Some members here will starve without their twinkies,
cupcakes and ding dongs.I love the orange cupcakes

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

It just hit me.

Maybe this is part of the depopulation agenda?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Wonder if our Government will bail them out. Or, provide a new division of social services for those going cold turkey from withdrawals....a Hostess 12 step program at the very least...

Yes. They will have to make a program for hostess adicts. There for they should just bail hostess out and save everyone from going thourgh the withdrawls and be stuck eating little debbie snack cakes who copies hostess cakes anyway. Who was first? hostess or little debbie?? Maybe I will look it up.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TropicKandie

OOOOh,I forgot about the little debbie cakes.I love their
banana moonpies and peanut butter buddy bars.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

i think that this twinkie is still on my books as one of the worlds most perfect foods... because if its less sweet, with less filling it must be better for you righ>?

There will always be a place in my heart for the twinkie.. but it will be reserved only for the Original Twinkie!

I can't get hold of them in the supermarkets or the shops near me, which meant I could only have what I bought overseas so it didn't matter how unhealthy they were. Mmwaa ha ha!

DONT YOU DARE DISAGREE LET ME HAVE MY DELUSIONS lol

Isn't the Twinkie an American Icon?

Do your laws not state that the Twinkie will be saved if bankruptcy should occur?
Because they should!

yes they should, because every fat kid in americas movies always has one of two things a cupcake, or twinkies, and if its not one the other is in the fridge LOL ;D

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

It just hit me.

Maybe this is part of the depopulation agenda?

that makes sense my moms name is debbie they make little debbies... THEY hate Our moms!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The first Little Debbie Cakes were made in 1960, while Hostess Cup Cakes have been around since 1919

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The first Little Debbie Cakes were made in 1960, while Hostess Cup Cakes have been around since 1919

I knew my addiction wasn't wrong....

Thanks for looking that up. We should get together a petition....Hostess is a National Treasure!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I knew my addiction wasn't wrong....

Thanks for looking that up. We should get together a petition....Hostess is a National Treasure!!!

There actually is a petition! Petition

One of my local radio hosts started that petition. It has gone viral within the last couple of days. Rush Limbaugh talked about it on his show and claimed Obama made the petition himself
The radio station has been having a hay day with that little gem.
edit on 17-11-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I bought the last pack of Twinkies from the vending machie at work the other day. The date they expire is 12/21/2012.

I bought the end of the world twinkies.

Raist

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Tallahassee is gonna be angry if he can't get his Twinkies after the Zombie Apocalypse! Bummer.

Funny thing is.. that is the first thing that came to mind when I heard about Hostess going out of biz.

Could this have a deeper meaning?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I only have one question to ask....what the hell is a twinkie??! lol

Now if you told me that Spam is under threat you would probably see me cry! ....May God bless America for giving us Spam!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Funny thing is.. that is the first thing that came to mind when I heard about Hostess going out of biz.

Could this have a deeper meaning?

Yes, it's the assault on rednecks like me and Tallahassee...LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join