It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
OK....I am really becoming concerned about all this....we can hear it off in the distance this morning in central Louisiana...I recorded, and will upload to youtube asap. Not trying to distract from this thread, but I live in Louisiana and have been recording this for some time now....check out these recordings , and anyone who has heard it, let me know if it sounds like what you heard....(no, I didn't hear it last night)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Ok, I posted on FB this morning asking any of my local friends this morning if they heard "the noise" last night and someone responded and told me to check out the "Taos Hum". I had never heard of it before so I googled it and came across some info. This "noise", or something like it, we are hearing apparently has been reported since the 70's. The link I am providing is from wikipedia. Not the most credible for information, but a good starting point that has information that we can dive into and dig a little deeper. This "Hum" as they called it, was first reported in Taos, New Mexico in the 1990's.

The "Hum"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Go to 7:40 in this video for an example of ELF waves.....

After watching that vid check this out (pay attention at 3:40)

P.S. I can relate to all this: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Tell me what you think, Sensi....
edit on 10-1-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I too am in Louisiana; Washington Parish, nearest town is Franklinton. I just stepped out onto my deck and sure enough, the steady, ongoing low hum from the sky can be heard right now. It is overcast here today and rained softly about 3 hours ago.

I first distinctly heard a low humming noise during the night and recall grumbling to myself that our refrigerator must have started a new annoying sound. Presently the refrigerator stopped the cooling cycle and went silent, yet the sound persisted. Having read other threads on ATS about the sound from the sky, and having heard this low rumbling and felt an accompanying sense of vibration 2-3 times in the past year, I did sleepily wonder if it was another incident of the sky noise but was too tired to go outside and check.

We live out in the country with only the occasional vehicle passing on the distant highway. I can confidently say this is neither traffic nor airplane noise I'm hearing.

Very interesting...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Thanks for that link, I've been reading that long report, and I was totally shocked how deep this goes.... I hadn't looked into this hum to this extent before... It is a doozy..

Goes back many more years than I expected also.

I actually heard something like this but it only lasted for about 30 minutes early one morning and I couldn't get back to sleep because of it, but it has never repeated since... I'm up in northwest washington state..

It was really a low rumble that shook the bedroom window and was really annoying.. not certain if it was in fact the same "hum" but It could have been.. couldn't detect a source for it, it seemed to come from everywhere..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog
reply to post by alienreality

Ok, I posted on FB this morning asking any of my local friends this morning if they heard "the noise" last night and someone responded and told me to check out the "Taos Hum". I had never heard of it before so I googled it and came across some info. This "noise", or something like it, we are hearing apparently has been reported since the 70's. The link I am providing is from wikipedia. Not the most credible for information, but a good starting point that has information that we can dive into and dig a little deeper. This "Hum" as they called it, was first reported in Taos, New Mexico in the 1990's.

The "Hum"

the Taos Hum is quieter and never ends. i don't think this new thing is the same. it's much too loud and it starts and stops and sounds more like a low jet engine than just a quiet hum.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Wonder if it could be the wind.
I have heard wind make some pretty strange noises before.

In my area, and although I have never personally heard the noise I have noticed over the last couple of years the wind in general has picked up more than what I remember in the past. It is not a significant difference in the amount of wind but it does seem to be more intense and the frequency has slightly increased.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yea I listened to the "Taos Hum" and it wasn't even close to what I heard last night. For one it was too high pitched and wasn't strong enough. I watched a long video on youtube this morning and I heard what people in Windsor/Ontario Canada heard. Not like a ship horn, but a very loud low-deep pulsating sound. It would pulsate and then be continuous then pulsate again. It was like the sound you hear when someone has their bass up really loud in their car with all their windows up and you can't hear the song, just the wooomp woooomp woooomp noise and I could feel it in my head and chest and made me feel sick.

But my point of posting that link wasn't so much for the "Taos Hum" as it was taking note that it's not a "new" phenomenon. But that people have been reporting a strange "hum" in the US since at least the 90's and other parts of the world since the 70's.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Wonder if it could be the wind.
I have heard wind make some pretty strange noises before.

In my area, and although I have never personally heard the noise I have noticed over the last couple of years the wind in general has picked up more than what I remember in the past. It is not a significant difference in the amount of wind but it does seem to be more intense and the frequency has slightly increased.

since i have a tornado phobia i know what i heard wasn't wind and none of the videos appear windy. more like thunder or a jet but lasting much too long.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I live in the same general part of the state, and although I did not hear it myself, we got a few calls last night about a noise. This morning, we did hear it, although it was distant sounding. Listen to my recordings from December, which I posted....it scared the hell out of us! Not sure if I posted them in this thread, I am doing 100 different things right now so here they are. It's real....I have heard it several times.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GodChaser

You are only 2 parishes over from where I am right now....we heard it in the distance this morning....so is it distant there or loud?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by odinson

Odinson, I believe this is the map you may be referring to.

Maps of Strange Sounds

This guy had the right idea of trying to map it out and look for patterns.

I was working on making a map for the recent sightings. I was using blue for sightings from Jan 2012 and Dec 2011, and using the green pins for sightings from Oct and Nov 2011. I was hoping a bunch of you guys would want to collaborate on this. There are so many sightings that you can find on youtube, searching and comments from other users and threads I can barely keep up. I think there is some merit to these sightings or hearings.

Here is my map. I havent had time to elaborate much on each detail, but I put in the location, date, and my source for most of my sightings. I will probably need to weed through them and eliminate the lower quality sightings later on. I would like to OpenSource this and I would appreciate any help. Right now everyone has the ability to add and edit locations on the map. When doing so please include your source and pertinent information.

Rumblings Location Map

I will continue to add places, and try to make the postings up there have merit. Hopefully a pattern will emerge, and maybe we will be able to predict where the next locations will be. That is one goal. Again, I used this as my ranking, Blue with dot = newest, Blue without dot = earlier in December 2011, green - October and Nov 2011. My thinking is we have enough sightings to keep this limited to say 2011 and 2012. Gmaps does have many color options so we could be more strict as well.

Feel free to message me and ask me any questions.

-TheStinger

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thestinger

Nice work. Is there a quake map other than USGS that can be compared assuming
we have date & times? Something a little more detailed?

EDIT: Here's a link to a compilation of these sounds that I posted in Kat's other thread.
Sounds
edit on 10-1-2012 by don rumsfeld because: ad a link

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I feel that we have something here in this thread...

I simply can't believe how many people are reporting hearing this "rumbling" during this last night and today, during daytime, for a sustained period of time...

This thread, and the other thread from Tennessee, are amazing...

I confess that I don't feel very interested when I see reports about those "rumblings" that last for just a few minutes, and that are listened just in a small area... I usually think: "it should have some natural and simple explanation"...

But this... This is happening at the same time (the same day / night) in places that are hundreds of kilometers apart one from another... An it's lasting for a prolonged time, for hours...

Something really, really strange happening today...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

AGREED! Now we should all be extra alert as to what goes on around those areas and the surrounding areas as well.

Maybe the ones who hear these things could start a journal and document anything that may pertain to this mystery.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thestinger

Hello

Your map is sort of the one I saw. It was charting the date and time heard. At one point it went from around new york area to the south west

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I hear the mysterious rumbling frequently, but I live within 3 miles of a large oil refinery, so I assume the sounds I've heard are coming from the Conoco complex. It still makes me nervous. Ever since I was a child in Minnesota I've always have a severe phobia/terror toward "unknown" rumbling sounds.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have a guess that only people who live in "quiet" areas are listening the rumbling, because they get less "sound pollution" from the background.

Also people reported listening to the rumbling at night, when the background "sound pollution" is less intense..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This low rumbling noise has been felt around the world in multiple locations, there are quite a few ATS threads on this already.

Lots of theories about this ....... you might wanna do a search for some threads

Nice post, though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

StealthyKat, I'm originally from New Orleans, so I always read your posts with interest :-)

Right now the noise is VERY faint, but still there. If I wasn't intentionally listening for it I likely wouldn't notice it.

When I posted around 10:30 this morning it was medium volume, definitely noticeable. And in the 3-3:30am timeframe this morning, it was loud enough to be heard as an annoying medium volume inside the well-insulated house...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join