It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This isnt normally my thing but ive heard this a few times in Burton on Trent, UK. I came across this subject a couple of days ago and it got me quite scarred/curious as to what the sound is?

Today at 15.34 I felt a slight rumble and could hear the noise again, so I quickly grabbed my phone to capture the event. Apologies for poor sound (if it happens again ill use better camera) but hopefully you will hear the noise being reported around the world. My phone hasnt picked up the deeper humming sound unfortunatly.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-1-2012 by jaguar23a because: Forgot to mention the deeper sound my phone didnt pick up.

edit on 11-1-2012 by jaguar23a because: Updated malformed Youtube link error.

edit on 11-1-2012 by jaguar23a because: Updated malformed Youtube link error again. Im a noob. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'd like to point out that if this were to be done, it would most likely only work if the 3-10 year old listened to the sound in person. Because the high frequency subliminal message or whatever is supposed to be in there definitely wouldn't be transfered to a video.

I remember this ringtone that was a high pitched ring, like a mosquito or something, and I tried to record it on my phone to make it a ringtone, but it didn't work and the quality sucked. So basically, you can't transfer the audio perfectly, it has to be done in person.

I finally got a couple minutes to find an example of what I'd been thinking about:

HASTINGS, Minn. (WCCO) – The city of Hastings is looking to curb vandalism at a local park by installing a device that emits a high-frequency sound only heard by teens and some adults.

Bernstein said the security device is specifically designed for kids ages 12 to 18. It omits a high-pitch sound at 17.5 Kilohertz that can irritate teens. Some have described the noise as a mosquito buzzing in your ear or fingernails scratching a chalkboard.
minnesota.cbslocal.com...

It's like the cloaking devices I'm thinking may be a part of this whole thing. I wouldn't have given the concept more than a passing chuckle until I saw the primitive prototypes actually functioning for public demonstration within the last year. Now we know that's possible....and it's only a question of when development really started vs. what the public saw for how advanced it may really be in black programs today.

Likewise, the teen-repellent noise makers are primitive....but what would be done with a long time line for research? As these concepts are proven to work, other things are starting to make sense if the idea of black research exploring things years before the public sees the cutting edge stuff is valid.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This has been going on here in western Washington too. A couple weeks ago, it happened for about 5 min. Then, Last week i heard it off and on. But i distinctly remember wondering where is this rumbling coming from. I mean it was a low but sturdy rumbling of my house. But i didn't have time to care. Maybe I should start though.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I really doubt that these noises are some sort of mind control attempt aimed at brainwashing children and teenagers by subliminal messaging or whatever. I'm sure it's some weird phenomenon that's probably explainable. Based on what I read throughout the thread, fracking seems like a pretty likely explanation.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I really doubt that these noises are some sort of mind control attempt aimed at brainwashing children and teenagers by subliminal messaging or whatever. I'm sure it's some weird phenomenon that's probably explainable. Based on what I read throughout the thread, fracking seems like a pretty likely explanation.

Oh I agree entirely in not being something like mind control.

The original mention on that was a poster saying their child heard a clear message within the roaring sound. Nothing more...and it's an interesting possibility.

The fracking may be a part of it, but how does that explain it in places where no fracking is happening for hundreds of miles? There was a thread on here a month or more back of running nights of this roaring being heard over Southern California and the people hearing it could distinctly hear it slowly shifting position as it moved away. There have been a number of other reports from around the world and recordings clearly showing a doppler effect in slow approach and then distinct moving away over a time period. Not all of them....but enough to make someone really wonder.

I'm only referring to the roaring ones...not the mechanical plant noise type banging ones or the 'organ' sounds like Kiev so clearly showed a recording of. Interesting days indeed.......now if only I could HEAR what I have spent so much time learning. lol.... I'm right between areas, but nothing here yet.
Where do I file a complaint? lol
edit on 11-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Correction.....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

I heard it last night here in PA... it was completely overcast as well. Usually i do hear planes overhead when i go to sleep, however, this was definately different as it lasted until i fell asleep (which was about an hour cause i kept looking outside to see if i could see anything)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I live in the suburbs in between Washington DC and Baltimore and have not heard this sound. I find it strange that this has not been heard in the more populated areas, moreso the rural areas. Even out towards my grandparents house in DE, I haven't heard it either.

Has anyone in a populated area heard this?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I heard something like this a few months back, during the summer. I'm in Ohio btw, and I was in a small town you wouldn't find on the map unless you were looking for it. The sky was perfectly clear that day and it was mid-afternoon when I heard it.

What is strange is that two or three (I saw two, heard rumors of a third) military gunships (yes, gunships) were flying all over our little town and the surrounding area that day. There are no airfields near this town except for a small, private runway that is actually a glorified dirt road. It seems strange that the copters would be performing training exercises this far out and they stayed for hours, just sweeping the place.

Anyway, I was sitting in my grandmother's house at the time, just chatting, when I hear a far off sound that's growing louder. It was like the noise you hear when you smack a sheet of metal and set to vibrating, but with a more hollow tone. As I said, it was growing closer, louder, and just as the noise seemingly passes right over the house I notice the "chukka-chukka-chukka" of copters in the background. I quickly headed out in time to see two of the gunships I'd heard were patrolling the area tearing across the sky in my direction, then over the house and off into the distance, as if they were chasing the noise that had passed over us. I saw nothing else in the sky as they raced for the horizon, no apparent source for the metallic sound to have emanated from.

It was me, a cousin and my eighty-six year old grandmother (never one to sensationalize and near deaf to boot) all agree that the initial noise we heard was in no way the choppers, but that it was definitely coming from something moving over us, since there was an obvious doppler effect to the sound.

I've almost posted this account in a thread of my own once or twice before, but I really didn't know what to make of it. Still don't to be honest, but there it is.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

The only time I have heard it were either overcast days or rainy days to where I think it's thunder til it goes on for longer than a few mins and continues for an hour.

it's kind of creepy esp when it's overcast out!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on 06/-06004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Alright, so I have been thinking a lot about this lately, and I usually don't post too often unless I felt it was pertinent to the conversation. I am in the Navy and work in the aviation community and have seen / heard a lot of jet engines. A lot of these videos I'm seeing here sounds very much like jet engines.

I live about 20 miles from Camp Pendleton where live fire exercises are conducted using large artillery. Well, on OVERCAST nights our house is literally shaken by the concussion waves created by the explosions (20 miles away.) How is that I can fell the blasts from 20 miles is simple.... When the weather is overcast, I believe it creates a wall of moisture that allows the sound to travel very far underneath this blanket of clouds as opposed to a clear day where the concussion waves can be displaced evenly in a 3 dimensional fashion. On a non-overcast day the concussion waves (air being moved around, also known as sound) goes upward until it hits the overcast layer and dissipates outward over a long distance.

So here's the connection....

Listen to this jet engine

Jet engine test

Listen to this Jet engine flare up:

Jet Truck

Sounds familiar right?

Now couple this with the same theory of overcast and sound/concussion dissipation. You may get the phenomena you are experiencing.

I looked into the Fighter Wings in the area and the only thing I could find was this....

en.wikipedia.org...

But keep in mind big companies like Lockheed martin and Boeing who create engines such as these probably have testing areas in remote locations near your area of living.

Anywho, thats just my .2 cents

What do you think?

edit on 11-1-2012 by Inous because: Fixing link

edit on 11-1-2012 by Inous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Can anyone add to this thread please- trying to track these things in one place and build a bigger picture

Cheers

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How close does this sound like the sounds we are all hearing...and looking at the source how much more creepy is it?

Mystery Sound

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey everyone....if you have heard this, please visit this thread by Facchino and add your info to his/her project....It's a great idea!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Today I was watching a video on youtube called Ancient Aliens, season 2 video # 5 in which they were talking about sonic or audio weapons, could be doing testing somewhere like Ft. Knox or something

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

I've been hearing the hum for a while now and I live in the UK and I haven't a clue what's causing it. In the last month or so, it's been getting really loud, to the point where it becomes unbearable. I can still hear it, even when I listening to music with my headphones on, The rumbling noise you're hearing might have a simple explanation, such as the US Air force flying one of their secret aircraft with some new type of engine. Maybe the fabled Aurora with it's pulse wave detonation engine, which no doubt probably makes a weird noise.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Always late at night, generally overcast. Turn off all the noise in your room without turning the TV off, now close your eyes and listen. You can hear the TV's crackling , you can hear the clock tick. Walk outside at 3am on an overcast night and sound will reflect from miles away. Enjoy the quiet. You live in a place with little background noise. If the goverment is digging a tunnel under Tennessee they will do it diring business hours.
edit on 11-1-2012 by MissingRonnieR because: Alein craft are hovering.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

Everyone keeps saying that it is always overcast. That's not true,.I have heard and recorded video on clear sunny days with not a cloud in the sky. There are many on youtube that show sunny days.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaguar23a

That's creept Jaguar! It's different from the others, but maybe if you can record it if you hear it again, we can hear the low tones, which is the common feature. Good catch!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I live in the suburbs in between Washington DC and Baltimore and have not heard this sound. I find it strange that this has not been heard in the more populated areas, moreso the rural areas. Even out towards my grandparents house in DE, I haven't heard it either.

Has anyone in a populated area heard this?

It may be because as an urban dweller you are used to living in an area filled with noise. You mentally tune that noise out all the time. I've lived in the country before and because it's quiet all sorts of odd sounds stick out when they happen, well except for cows and chickens. I got used to cows and chickens lol.

The map someone else posted was interesting. Is it possible that the sounds are not truly coming from the sky but rather are an amplification of something coming from the ground? I saw the map of the rumblings, now check this out.
www.bestsyndication.net...
I'm sorry it's so small but it's the best I can find. Those are fault lines. Those rumbling reports are clustered near them.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join