It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Maybe some explanation:

Sound Propagation under different atmospheric conditions.

Under conditions of a temperature inversion (temperature increasing with increasing height), the sound waves will be refracted downwards, and therefore may be heard over larger distances. This frequently occurs in winter and at sundown. For instance, the Nine O'Clock Gun in Vancouver has been heard up to 45 miles away under the proper atmospheric conditions.

www.sfu.ca...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

This is exactly what I was trying to explain in my post, thanks for the educational reference

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
When the atmospheric conditions were right in the house I grew up in you could hear a faint rumbling sometimes, a lot like some 'hum' videos. It was the sound of trains about 30 miles away. You knew it was trains because occasionally you'd hear them sound their horns.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
this was posted on the press association website 3hrs ago !

People living in Northumberland and Tyneside called police after buildings shook and loud rumbling was heard.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adaleiz
well after reading this thread Id like to call for anyone who had self made videos or video files (or perhaps If you wanna save me some time, just an audio file?) to upload them to mediafire so I can run harmonic spectral analysis on the audio. (in other words, find out what frequencies are in the audio and the DB levels in relative terms) obviously the widest and longest band of color would be the target frequency.. I may even be able to isolate that frequency specifically.
This would no doubt in my mind this will shed some amount of light...on a noise. lol, ironic? I think so.

I can tell you this, It cannot possibly be an infrasonic frequency (for those who know what that is and may have thought it as a theory) for 1) Infrasonic frequencies are ofc able to be picked up by the human ear, however the brain is never given a realization that they're there (unless at moderately high DB levels, in which you would feel a vibration or pounding feeling in your chest as opposed to 'hearing' it.(however id like to note that the vibrating or pounding feeling that you can feel within your body occurs at around 120-140dbs, however this is only in the case that the frequency(s) can be processed/interpreted by the brain. If it were to be an infrasonic sound the db level can be much much lower.)

Secondly is this; (most) Camera's cannot record infrasonic frequencies, and Speaker systems in TVs and computers cannot play back the infrasound component. (most speakers have a much narrower dynamic range output than a humans' dynamic hearing range) and even if it did, you wouldn't hear it. Lets say this is indeed an infrasonic sound (even though my deduction is logical and sound), then only a harmonic spectral analysis would reveal that. the reason I say harmonic is because unlike magnitude(amplitude) spectral analysis, harmonic spectral analysis can estimate the specific frequencies within the audio waveform.

So please, contriboot some sound or video files with the sound.. I'll give you what I can.

just bumping this post so people can contribute their recordings for an analysis

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
every time i read about these sound i remember reading that story of the nephilim that were locked away for so many years and are set to come back in 2012 supposedly and there really pist off at us or something because "the infinite creator" loved us more then he loved them and we breeded with them and made demi gods and the creator was really pist off so locked em up for a million years but a million years back then was so many years now and yeah 2012 is da due date :3

On another note i heard this same sound around 4:35AM EST i live in Brantford, Ontario and its unusual to here those kind of sound around here and if i had to relate it i would have to relate it to the latest video of kiev out the apartment buildings the one with the window wipers going up that lift....

here it is
skip to 30 seconds through

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Can someone please get an infared camera pointed at the ski when this noise is on..

see whats out there..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hello

After much review and thought, i believe that the sounds are emanating from inside the earth. I believe that the molten core is shifting and the sounds being heard is from that. The sounds will be heard coming from the ground or sky from an echo effect.

I believe in time the stresses will mount and there will be major earthquakes that will make records everywhere. Every week there will probably be a massive one with loss of life.

get ready for the end game folks!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hi
I´ve been reading all the threads about this subject, and personally have heard the type rumbling jet sound while i was spending christmas at my sister´s house at Norwich UK.That sound waked me up at 4 o´clock in the morning I got up went outside to check what was happening and heard that sound and I could not pinpoint the location but the felling was that the sound came from the sky.Next morning i asked my sister about nearby airbases and if she listened that weird sound but she had not.
I work at a recording studio in Oporto, Portugal and made some audio analysis of the videos circulating in youtube
but the majority are of very poor quality to jump to conclusions.
The horn type sounds frequency comes at 138 hz 222hz 592hz and last 88hz give or take.
Sounds like the Et movie scene when trying to communicate using sound although the interval look the same there are missing notes or (frequency).
Last,there are now alot of fake videos circulating but i feel something is about to happen when?
Nobody knows i think.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

I also live between Austin and Waco and heard low booming noises for hours. The last one I heard (so far) was at 2:52 am Not sure what the noises were caused by but there were two small earthquakes in Dallas (3.1 and 3.4) on Sunday Sept. 30, 2012 so maybe that has something to do with it?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

As a side note: The Balcones fault runs between Waco and San Antonio in line with IH-35
edit on 1-10-2012 by TexDan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by odinson
Check out the thread conversations with a 6 year old. Just like in the movie Independence Day, there was a message hidden in the signal. Some people tried to break it down but no luck. For some reason only young kids can hear it. When I played it it gave me a head ache.

reminds me of this,

:S

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalfil

I really hope tour joking us about the HZ

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We also live between Austin and Waco very near I-35 and the train track.

For over a week now, my wife has been telling me about all the noises she's been hearing at night. I grew up in the area, and I've been blowing her off, telling her it's normal noise from Fort Hood.

She states there are three separate noises and these are her descriptions:

1. Sounds like a fighter jet taking off, but then the sound stops almost immediately (15 - 45 seconds of rumbling, then silence)
2. Three to Six booms in a row - like the sound of a water well being dug by machine - deep, underground-sounding booms/rhythmic thumping.
3. Random one-time deep-pitched booms.

She's a vet who grew up in the country on the west coast, so her references are different than mine.

Tonight we were sitting outside having a smoke at about 9:40 pm and we heard this first sound - it lasted for about 20 seconds (we think). It was a surprising sound - I'd never heard it before. To me it sounded like a furnace being turned on - but really loud and really close. It was an ominous, close-sounding rumbling noise that seemed pretty steady - the pitch was low and seemed to stay the same note.

I asked her what on earth that was, and she said it was the same thing she's been telling me about for weeks. To her it sounds like a fighter jet about to take off - but really close by - but she agreed it also sounded like a loud furnace once I mentioned that. I asked her if she thought it could be the train and she said no, she hears the train all the time. Then at 9:50 pm, the train did go by and it was and it was a much quieter sound.

She said that she wasn't hearing these sounds 4 weeks ago, but they started and became more frequent over this last 3 weeks or so. It's not the prolonged noise many people on this thread report, but it's a very strange rumbling and while googling for an answer, I ran across this thread. It doesn't sound *quite* like anything I've heard before. It sounds close-up and far away at the same time. It sounded to me like it was coming from the west, but it's hard to tell what direction it was coming from.

I still suspect Fort Hood is the source of this weird noise, but my wife was on an air force base for years and never heard anything exactly like it.

Oh, and the sky is clear tonight - we can see the stars. I'm very curious if anybody knows what this noise is and find it interesting that other people between Austin and Waco are hearing similar but prolonged noises. She says none of the noises she has heard have lasted over 45 seconds or so.

At about 11 pm (15 minutes ago) we heard 3 random booms as well.
edit on 5-10-2012 by NatTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I still can't believe this hasn't been solved yet. It's so unsettling

from all the theories I've read I think the one that rings true to me , or even close would be the earth sounds...plates moving , maybe something from space interacting with our planet somehow.
I just wish someone with some clout would make an announcement , you would think TPTB would be all over this to make sure it's nothing dangerous , with that said , maybe they DO know.

The unknown is definitely frightening.......

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I've been hearing this noise for a while now here in Los Angeles. Randomly throughout the day but in parts. Right now I've been hearing it since about 3:00AM, it is now 4:33AM and it has not stopped at all. It sounds like an aircraft flying by, an aircraft about to land, and very windy even though it is not. This is happening right at the moment and it is making me VERY uneasy.

Edit: It sounds like its coming from every direction. It also sounds like a lot of helicopters flying over at once.
edit on 12-10-2012 by fleurdelys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hello,

I have been on this site off and on for years, reading info that a lot of my friends are too blind or too afraid to think this is our reality.

I live in SW Louisiana, I am NOT a conspiracy nutjob, I'm a medical professional who is very intuitive of things and is able to rationally and logically look at things and make an objective decision.

Now to this buzzing! For the past month or so, I have been getting an intense vibration in my head and in my ears. It's like pressure/vibrations are being sent to my ears. I tried to make myself think at first it was my ears ringing, medication etc etc, but this is different. It's like waves and waves of constant vibration are bombarding my ears. It comes and goes. Sometimes at work, but usually while laying in bed, but it's very very obvious, a vibratory humming. Lately I have not cared much about anything else besides digging for info on what might be coming. I have been keenly aware of things lately, much more so than normal.

I can't help but wonder if this is the higher consciousness the Mayans were talking about in a beginning level leading up to 12/21. I have no clue, but this is strange, and being in the medical field, I tried to play it off as my mind playing tricks on me. The vibration is not anything I have ever experienced. I wonder if some of us are at a higher vibratory level than some and are more open and able to pick up.

This is my very first post on this site. I hope I didn't ramble too much. I would be interested in hearing of anyone else who feels the same things I have described. As i said earlier, I read this site periodically, but when I googled "anyone hearing a humming noise" it took me right back to this site........ and there was a thread for it already. Fascinating.............

Have a great day.............

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NatTx

Your description exactly fits my recent experiences with the sky sounds in oklahoma. It's more than just rumbling. Something almost metallic or heavy slamming into something, rhythmically. Interesting, it happens periodically here, only at night, for a few seconds at a time.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just outside of Dallas, Texas.

It's been a constant low rumbling noise since about 12am. It is now 6am. Every once in a while, it will get much louder ... almost like it's getting closer then going back. I've lived about 15 minutes away from the airport for 25 years now and it doesn't sound like a plane. It almost sounds like the inside of a windtunnel.

There's no cloud cover tonight. Just a clear sky. I think I can see Jupiter.

Chances are, if there is a message contained within this phenomenon, it's saying something like,

"This is a test of the intergalactic emergency alert system. This is only a test."

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This deep, harmonic, pulsating hum or rumble has been going on with me, every since I moved to the remote mountains, just outside Yellowstone Park, over two years ago. We are in the middle of nowhere, with no cell towers, industrial plants, or anything. It's during the winter months that this "noise" is mostly felt and heard. Tonight is the first time I have not been able to sleep because of this "event" in over 6 months. Yes, I have not heard or felt anything all summer long. What I have noticed, since studying what happens after the loudest nights, (and yes, sometimes into the mornings, well after sunrise), is that we have significant snowfall withing 12-24 hours. Other than that, I can't find any pattern. It is disturbing, to say the least. Why, after 6 months, has it returned tonight? Why is it more frequent during the winter months? Anyone else from Montana hearing this?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

I'm from Washington State near the San Juan islands, and have been hearing this "new" sound on and off for about 2 years. Seemed to stop during a dry sunny spell in summer. Then resumed when autumn clouds rolled in. I've been in this location for 20 years and have never heard this sound before, including the occasional fly-nearbies from the naval base.

Just like what most people post here: Definitely coming from the sky. Like a huge deep jumbo jet idling non-stop off in the distance. Sometimes sound increases to rattle windows, sometimes it's a lighter rumble but still always there -- like non-stop rolling thunder. Day and night.

Seems more so on cloudy days.

At first I thought new naval jets were doing some new practice session and the clouds were just bouncing the sound off. But I called the base and the jets weren't flying during parts of the times I heard it.

Anyone else here in WA hearing this? I've asked one neighbor hard of hearing and he hasn't heard it. I asked another neighbor who is more cushioned with trees and down in a hole, they hear it but not as loud. Another said it was deafening at times.

I thought it was the new growlers instead of the prowlers (air force jets) recently switched to. But since the sound isn't congruent with when they practice, and since other people not near air force/naval stations are also hearing it, I'm very curious.

The constant deep sound is affecting my nervous system. I don't know if it will end or if I have to move. If I move -- sounds like the noise is in lots of other places.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join