It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World 2012? Just convert to the Jewish Hebrew Date & we will all be saved!??!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
...if the end date of the world is Sunday, December 23, 2012 then perhaps we could just convert over to the Jewish faith and adopt the Hebrew date, crisis averted?

Sun, 23 December 2012 = 10th of Tevet, 5773
Hebrew Calendar

Israel Science & Tech

Does Israel use this Hebrew Date?

... the Hebrew calendar is still widely acknowledged, appearing in public venues such as banks (where it is legal for use on cheques and other documents, though only rarely do people make use of this option) and on the mastheads of newspapers.
source

Now, I don't know too much about the Jewish religion but perhaps it is an option?

edit on 10/1/2012 by Thurisaz because:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Good idea.....now all the gentile men can go get circumcised while they're at it

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

well I have heard that many non-jewish uncircumcised men have to get it done because they are cheesy when they are older...yanno....it is a hygiene thing so it could be a good thing, all round for everyone

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Erm, I'm pretty sure the end of the world (?!) is at the present time predicted to be ....

21st December 2012, and not the 23rd, unless you know something I don't ?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Or convert our calenders to the actual age of the planet and then you wouldn't have to worry about 2012 because it happened before we existed

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

oh farout, I just doodled it and that is the date that came up.

well, I am converting everything over right now and first thing in the morning I am going to the bank to check how much interest I have accrued in fast forward.

prolly won't work... haha never mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

To be fair if we just change the date to the 23rd, then it wouldn't happen, or lets just skip December all together this year....sounds crazy I know, but apparently the world can trade with money that never existed in the first place, so I'm game

By the way just so you know, I sit on the fence with the whole 2012 thing, no-one knows what's around the corner

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
What if that's the return date of the Anunnaki to Earth? The creators of the Jewish/white people.

If they are returning it will be the end of the free world. The Anunnaki nuked the Sumerians (white people with knowledge). They'll do it again so they can keep the PrisonPlanet mining their gold for them.

If there is anything to 2012, I think that might be one of the possibilities. The Jewish people will suffer the same fate as the Sumerians did, the Anunnaki will remind the world once again who's the "Gods".

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
...if the end date of the world is Sunday, December 23, 2012 then perhaps we could just convert over to the Jewish faith and adopt the Hebrew date, crisis averted?

Sun, 23 December 2012 = 10th of Tevet, 5773
Hebrew Calendar

Israel Science & Tech

Does Israel use this Hebrew Date?

... the Hebrew calendar is still widely acknowledged, appearing in public venues such as banks (where it is legal for use on cheques and other documents, though only rarely do people make use of this option) and on the mastheads of newspapers.
source

Now, I don't know too much about the Jewish religion but perhaps it is an option?

gregorian calender that reads 'dec 21 2012' has nothing to do with anything cataclysmic on that date...

it's the mayan long count calender you're thinking of.. and last time i checked .. we don't use that.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

gregorian calender that reads 'dec 21 2012' has nothing to do with anything cataclysmic on that date...

it's the mayan long count calender you're thinking of.. and last time i checked .. we don't use that.

well what the heck is everyone going on about...??

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

well kudos to you
for being intelligent!

perhaps it is a constructed idea then made by an old ager like the new agers are doing now with other new trends now? Who is responsible for the hysteria about this date? Prolly religious nuts...?

I went into the RAA the other day and the lady behind the counter randomly said, "it is 2012...people are worried it is the end of the world.." and I replied, "na, I will see you here in 2013 and the only difference will be the price of vehicle registration... it will cost more" she laughed but I could tell she was really freaked out about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Haha, you do realize there are older calenders like Indian and Chinese right?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

yes that did enter my mind and I considered perhaps that could also be an option. But, I don't think they still use their calendars officially?

or........ I will just go out bush and hang out with the Aboriginals and stay in their dreamtime. (they don't have a calendar at all)

wow...we are really coming up with options here.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by luciddream

yes that did enter my mind and I considered perhaps that could also be an option. But, I don't think they still use their calendars officially?

or........ I will just go out bush and hang out with the Aboriginals and stay in their dreamtime. (they don't have a calendar at all)

wow...we are really coming up with options here.

They do use their calender, but not as main, they only use it to track their traditional events. Ex. Chinese New Year or Diwali

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The only religion associated with that date is new age. All of the brouhaha was created by a few new age authors making up stuff as they went along. There are no ancient prophecies or predictions associated with that date. A calendar that was no longer in use when Europeans landed in the Americas is going to continue up to that date and beyond, because it is nothing more than a day counting calendar.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
And I ask How the jewish calendar has any control over the 2012 events?. the events are going to happen regardless 2012, 5773 or whatever calendar exist.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

What events would those be? There are no ancient prophecies.

top topics

join