It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Olbermann Proves Himself As A Complete Piece Of........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Careful....although you may be Canadian......this is dangerous territory to discuss, when applied to a sitting U.S. President, or candidate:

It's way easier to kill old folk with weird methods of assignation, than young folk.

Oh, but on second look you're OK......"assignation" is not what I first read as the intent, there.....VERY clever, dodged that bullet......

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No Keith, the aforementioned New Hampshire bill does not "require all legislation" be referenced to the Magna Carta. It appears to me the intent is to protect individual rights and liberties, which these legislators believe are clearly defined by the Magna Carta. I could be wrong about that, as I haven't read all of the commentary, however the text of the bill (see below) clearly disproves Olberman's claim.

AN ACT requiring a reference to the Magna Carta on certain legislation.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 New Section; Magna Carta References. Amend RSA 14 by inserting after section 39-a the following new section:

14:39-b Magna Carta Reference. All members of the general court proposing bills and resolutions addressing individual rights or liberties shall include a direct quote from the Magna Carta which sets forth the article from which the individual right or liberty is derived.

2 Effective Date. This act shall take effect November 1, 2012.
www.gencourt.state.nh.us...

ETA: The bill is really just symbolic, anyway. After all, we do still have (though for how much longer might be in question) The Constitution.
edit on 9-1-2012 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So, you do not like the idea that Dr.Paul wants individual states to make their own laws and not rely on the federal gumment, got it.
Foreign policy???
He does not want to war with or financially support the world?
I see.
I was worried for a minute that you might have a real concern.
Thank you for the response.

(Edit)
About the time frame, the message would be out to the general public and they would see it working, anyone to change the course would be found out to be a shill.
edit on 9-1-2012 by g146541 because: to add and fix a spellar prollem

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Originally posted by g146541

So, you do not like the idea that Dr.Paul wants individual states to make their own laws and not rely on the federal gumment, got it.

Can you please quote where I said this? I don't remember seeing that assertion in what I wrote. Please do not make assumptions regarding what ideas I like and do not like, unless otherwise advised.

Foreign policy???
He does not want to war with or financially support the world?
I see.
I was worried for a minute that you might have a real concern.
Thank you for the response.

Remember that fervent rudeness and dismissive attitude I spoke of in my earlier post? This is what I'm talking about. Simply dismiss my opinion as it doesn't correlate with yours and inject needless sarcasm, a poor attempt at perhaps trying to get a rise out of me.

Why are some of you so angry?

About the time frame, the message would be out to the general public and they would see it working, anyone to change the course would be found out to be a shill.
edit on 9-1-2012 by g146541 because: to add and fix a spellar prollem

That's a fair hypothesis, but people are stupid. Look what they've put up with for the last hundred plus years. Liberty stolen right from under their noses, and not even all of them are upset yet.

I don't really put much hope in a society who is already this fooled, to be shown the way and listen. They sure haven't thus far. Again especially when it's just one guy out of millions screaming the opposite message.

I always hope to be proven wrong though.

~Keeper

top topics

<< 1   >>

join