It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very strange dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hi guys!

I signed up a while ago however I ended up still watching and as time went by I forgot about this site until recently.

The other night i had the most horrid vivid dream I've ever had. I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same sort of thing.. so here goes.

I was laid next to my partner in bed the other night and I was holidng her hand, I awoke at what was about 4 in the morning. I opened my eyes and I could see her there, then it happened I couldn't move. I was laid there only able to move my eyes and my hand ever so slightly.

I started to panic and tried nipping at her hand as hard as I could, but it was bearly making contact. Then it happened, I opened my eyes again but I was somewhere else. I could see a weird painting on the wall which I can only describe as abstract. There was a dimp light in the room but I was still laid down.

My partner was no longer laid the side of me and there was a figure it was about 4 and a half foot tall, completely black. I could sort of make out a face, it then started reaching towards me to touch my shoulder. I started to panic I still couldn't move and my breathing was getting really heavy.

At this point, my partner woke me up and said I was breathing like I was panicing or couldn't breathe right. I was glad she did, I have never been so scared in my life. After this I decided to get up as I couldn't sleep.

This has happened before but not like this, it was a horrid experience.

Anyone else had anything like this?

Aboveme

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It is fairly common , and very scary.
See here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveMe

Look into hypnogogic hallucinations, these experiences seem to crop up a lot. I have had these type of experiences myself and I am 100% its the above. It is scary, especially the paralyisis, I once has a dark figure holding me down and it felt like I was spinning in my bed. The figure I believe comes from the fear, the more you relax the better the situation becomes. I also suggest you practise meditation as these situation cans lead to amazing OBE's and lucid dreams.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Might be Sleep Paralysis here is an ATS thread talking about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Its honestly the most horrid experience I have ever had. I looked into sleep paralysis etc and they seem to fit quite well and night terrors etc.

I think you are right about the relaxing, I just panicked I think.

I remember a similar dream when I was a lot younger maybe about 7-8. I was hiding under my covers as I was scared of the dark. When I lifted them up I was in what I can only describe as a cave looking out on all these cavemen type people jumping about. They couldn't see me at first until I started getting scared, once this happened the mood of the dream soon turned and they were reaching to get me.

The weirdest thing about that dream was it was in daylight, I could see perfectly.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Like above poster said, symptoms of sleep paralysis (wiki) indeed. Have a read. I've never experienced it personally, yet, and don't think I want to... Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
what everyone else has said.
Had it my self for years, went away too.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Grats, you just had an out-of-body experience. You should read up on it. Lots of threads here on the forum.
The scary part maybe because you were paralyzed and didn't know what it is - and this is why you panicked i guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In terms of the out of body experience, that's what I thought at first. Then I just thought it must have been a bad dream etc

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Google 'Dr Karla Turner'.
She has written three books on this type of thing. All free PDFs online.

new topics

top topics

join