It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Huge Object like UFO emerges from Ocean and brings havoc in... 1910!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
An awesome event that is still unexplained. The incident, testified from many people, happened on the island of Doagh (North Donegal, Ireland). The episode caused great alarm between the population. The fishermen, that they worked to the marine cultivations, saw an enormous object similar to an airship that came from the ocean.
The mysterious object crossed the beach of Culdaff and it happened the unimaginable one: the boats of various fishermen were destroyed, the cattle brought back hurt. During the passage of the mysterious flying object the harvests were damages.

Source: www.theufochronicles.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
If it was a UFO, it had a pretty bad pilot. It apparently smashed boats, injured cattle and more.

Some were thinking it was a dismantled balloon.

It's hard form me really say much else. It is interesting to say the least though. I have heard of sightings involving UFO's going into or coming out of water, but I just don't know on this one. It's hard for me to come to any real solid conclusion from this small 102 year old article.

Very cool find though. I am hoping others can make more of it than I can. I just don't want to speculate too much, you know?
edit on 9-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i believe that's a straight forward alien craft because back then it was laughable to think of such things so putting it in the news is already great validation also the destruction caused is explainable we tare down nature all the time causing animals to go extinct with no real thought so why should they care if they do some damage to "smart apes".

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Very interesting piece of article right there.

The Wright Brothers would have been pissed to hear that the government was test piloting ancient Tibetan space-crafts.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Did they have Chinese lanterns back then?

Kidding... kidding...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

If it was a UFO, it had a pretty bad pilot. It apparently smashed boats, injured cattle and more.
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Not necessarily.

It might be that it flew rather low level, thus maybe causing some damage and injuring cows.

There is just not enough in this to make a proper conclusion. However, it does leave many questions.

USO;s have always been rather interesting, and this might quite possibly have been a sighting.

Very interesting.

vvv

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
WTF?

Slightly OT, but at the first loading of this thread, all I could see was a big "Blocked by SOPA"-message. I had to scroll way down to read the postings, but there was no newspaper-scan.

Is this a drill from ATS to influence its users? Should we be more concerned about SOPA? Did I miss something over the weekend (were I notoriously seldom visit ATS)?

Reloading this page: Presto, everything was there, scan of the newspaper included.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It was common back then for people to think they were looking at an air ship or 'Blimp'
There are a ton of reports of this nature to be found though a half bottle of whiskey prevents me from searching for them..

Still, i remember reading about a spate of sightings across America (maybe) and hundred or so years ago where people actually spoke with the occupants and were told they were (variously) stopping for water or to make repairs..

And uso's are pretty common as well when all's said and done, as for the path of destruction, well, maybe something was wrong. It was in Ireland so maybe they'd been sampling the local beverage's... i can say from current experience that it would definatly affect your driving skills.. lol

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

There are a ton of reports of this nature to be found though a half bottle of whiskey prevents me from searching for them..

You mean that are all drunk?
Well, I don't think that "beverages" is the explaination.

In every place on this planet people drink their own beverages.
USA: Whiskey
UK: Gin
Germany: Beer
Italy, France and mediterranean countries: Wine
Russia: Vodka
Japan: Sake
and so other...

In every place on this planet people sight unexplained phenomena like UFOs.

No. Beverages is not the answer.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

No, the fellow is saying that he recalls reading many other articles similar to the one you posted, but the booze that he drank, is preventing him from looking for them and posting them to support yours.

He is saying there have been other instances of "airships" being spotted. And of course, back then people would think them airships as airplanes weren't that popular.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Arken

No, the fellow is saying that he recalls reading many other articles similar to the one you posted, but the booze that he drank, is preventing him from looking for them and posting them to support yours.

He is saying there have been other instances of "airships" being spotted. And of course, back then people would think them airships as airplanes weren't that popular.

What he said!
Spot on as usual Mr Boncho.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Here are some popular images that depict these mystery airships during the era. There have also been reports of airships dropping anchor. Pretty bizarre cases in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The Mystery Airship of 1897. There were many sightings for a couple of years.

I found this post that gives a very detailed and well researched explanation of the Mystery Airship Flap. Please see the website link included to read this interesting article.

THE NOT-SO-MYSTERIOUS AIRSHIPS OF 1896-97 By Louis Winkler, PhD

secretsofdellschau.yuku.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
WTF?

Slightly OT, but at the first loading of this thread, all I could see was a big "Blocked by SOPA"-message. I had to scroll way down to read the postings, but there was no newspaper-scan.

Is this a drill from ATS to influence its users? Should we be more concerned about SOPA? Did I miss something over the weekend (were I notoriously seldom visit ATS)?

Reloading this page: Presto, everything was there, scan of the newspaper included.
'

Read this How SOPA could kill ATS and free speech online

I freaked when I saw that yesterday morning when I went to ATS. I guess it could really happen. I would not be happy.

OP that is a pretty cool account! I really find USO's interesting. There are quite a few accounts of objects coming out of the ocean and going into the sky.

I always love things like this. USO sightings I find a little more intriguing. The oceans are so vast and we don't know crap about them. We know more about Mars than our own oceans

Who knows what is down there

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Many of the "mysterious airship" stories of the late 1890s and early 1900s were fabrications created by the intense competition between the growing legions of newspapers in that period. False stories were common. That period of time is dubbed the time of "Yellow Journalism." (Not to say it has entirely disappeared even to this day.) The famous American Samual Clements AKA Mark Twain started his story telling as a newspaper reporter.

Another factor was the widespread development of the telegraph that allowed news stories to be flashed across North American and the fad extended elsewhere when boats carried the news across the oceans. Some podunk lttle newspaper would create a stir with a story of an local "airsip" that, for example, had the "driving wheels" of a locomotive or the hull of a boat, sails, steam engine, etc. and that story would be swiftly refashioned elsewhere into a local story of some sort.

I have researched the early airships at the University of Illinois collections of newspapers which is the largest and oldest in the nation. Even the local paper there at Champaign-Urbana at the time carried an seemingly amazing story of a crashed UFO just outside of town where the farmer buried the remains of the "Asian looking pilots." That particular story was by-lined by a "visiting" reporter from a chicago reporter, thus, removing the local newspaper and its staff of being guilty of any wrong-doing.

In those days newspapers were hawked on street corners by young urchins and they needed a hook story and the publishers saw to it that they got it in every edition.

Don't assume this is an anti-early UFO response. I'm a believer, have had experiences and my father and his mother has some sort of experience/sighting in about 1910. UFOs were here at that time and probably long before.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I like this, especially as it's an old account -no using UFO or flying saucer.

People would've described this to the best of their ability, according to what they knew, and had seen in everyday life.

Also, with this being close to Ireland, it reminded me of the Hy Brasil thing....... en.wikipedia.org...(mythical_island)

And....Donegal is on the West Coast (where Hy Brasil was supposed to reside somewhere out to sea) maps.google.co.uk...

Just thought I'd try and dive a bit deeper maybe on this???

Remirah

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Another interesting event in recent past about UFOs, before the Ufos Era.
Monolith over Kremlin in 1808!
UFO Monolith over Kremlin in 1808,...... before Napoleon and Brothers Mongolfière!

edit on 9-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Another interesting event in recent past about UFOs, before the Ufos Era.
Monolith over Kremlin in 1808!
UFO Monolith over Kremlin in 1808,...... before Napoleon and Brothers Mongolfière!

edit on 9-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

Wow that is an interesting one and also one I haven't heard of.

I really like the older accounts because they were so detailed compared to today's, you have to worry about CGI and all that crap and people making it up for youtube fame.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yes, absolutely correct.

Seems that "they" came and go from centuries if not millennia.... if not hundreds thousands years.... on this planet.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That's really weird. Im from Donegal, no where near culdaff though, Iv never heard of this. Needless to say I'm going up there to see what I can find out. Thanks for posting.

<<   2  3 >>

join