It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens after you die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I get an icky feeling thinking about it.
edit on 9-1-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Whatever happens, you won't know anything about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
reply to post by boncho

But what if when you die you wake up and your in a swamp and you're eaten by this guy over and over again? And he likes his food boiled like lobster.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
No one can honestly answer said question. All we have is people who have had NDE which is nothing more than your brain tripping balls on a massive dose of '___'.

We might garner some insight if they ever get around to reanimating people who have put their bodies into cryogenic storage.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Have you ever had sleep paralysis? It's like that, but forever, and you can't dream or anything. You're just stuck in your body until your brain rots and then the essence of your mind just floats around inside your skull. In the case that your skull is cracked your mind just inhabits the nearest object and you have no choice or say in the matter.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
reply to post by boncho

But what if when you die you wake up and your in a swamp and you're eaten by this guy over and over again? And he likes his food boiled like lobster.

Sheeeeet, I never thought of that! Now I have to re-evaluate my entire life and belief system

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
in the future youre corps will be recicled to bio-fuel....
all that fat is to valueble to be wasted in the ground.....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Theres a really bad junction near my house, every time i drive past it i think to my self

"i wonder if when you die, you can see it coming, and if you cant see it coming - are you just moved into a different 'universe' living the same life, driving past the junction unharmed and going about my day to day business - whilst the me who has just died at that junction stays in the 'universe' I have just left, dead and everybody's life has changed - but me/my soul has moved onto another 'universe' living the exact same life as i left like nothing happened(?)

I honestly have no idea, but the thought of it doesnt scare me one bit because theres no point been scared of such a certainty

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The Hearse Song

by: Anonymous

Do you ever think as a hearse goes by,
that you may be the next to die?

They wrap you up in a big white sheet
From your head down to your feet.

They put you in a big black box,
And cover you up with dirt and rocks.

All goes well for about a week,
Then your coffin begins to leak.

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out,
The worms play pinochle on your snout.

They eat your eyes, they eat your nose,
They eat the jelly between your toes.

A big green worm with rolling eyes,
Crawls in your stomach and out your eyes.

Your stomach turns a slimy green,
And pus pours out like whipping cream.

You spread it on a slice of bread,
And that's what you eat when you are dead.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, whatever happens,

make sure you are outside in the open.
not inside

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
A great question that will probably never be answered in our lifetimes. Perhaps we travel through time and space like Gandalf did in Lord of The Rings after he had fought that fire demon. We then spend hundreds of years in a etheral realm where we become enlightened then return to Earth in another form. Who knows really.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ever go to sleep and not have a dream? That's probably what death is.

Makes me sick to think about. Life is a big joke to the universe. No point, no purpose, nothing special. Just a bunch of animated rocks scared #less of dying.
edit on 1/9/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
Ever go to sleep and not have a dream? That's probably what death is.

Makes me sick to think about. Life is a big joke to the universe. No point, no purpose, nothing special. Just a bunch of animated rocks scared #less of dying.
edit on 1/9/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

I don't remember the non-dreams though.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Exactly. You go to sleep, and wake up immediately and it's been 8+ hours. Well imagine that, but never waking up.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Exactly. You go to sleep, and wake up immediately and it's been 8+ hours. Well imagine that, but never waking up.

Well that sucks. I'd rather get eaten by the swamp guy.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is sad to say but this thread makes me just want to give up on this life. what if there really is nothing after this it will be a big waste of however many years. Does anyone remember anything before being born i dont so if there is nothing we wont even know that we once lived. Wow it gets deep

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I'd like to think that our bodies finish but our minds carry on... to dream land.

The 6th Dimension?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
This is sad to say but this thread makes me just want to give up on this life. what if there really is nothing after this it will be a big waste of however many years. Does anyone remember anything before being born i dont so if there is nothing we wont even know that we once lived. Wow it gets deep

No no, if anything it should want you to make every minute count. And have as much fun as you can.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

YOU VOID YOUR BOWELS.

and then ???

I know EXACTLY what you mean though...
that 'icky' feeling...
me and my mom call it the same thing lol

I'm a Christian- but I don't believe the typical (and in my opinion fabricated by the Catholic church) versions of heaven and hell.

Personally,
I believe that heaven will be an eternal bliss with our Creator on some sort of higher energy plane or alternate universe; that our souls do carry on, and that there IS a bigger purpose for life.

I believe that hell is non-existance.
That those who are not pure in heart will cease to exist.

This is just my personal interpretation of scriptures, and my personal belief.

It's based on faith.
IIt's MY a priori

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I agree with this. It is also similar to being unconscious or under general anesthetic, you will have no memory of it.

I'm not saying once you die that's it, I'm pretty sure there is some 'soul going into the cosmos' type thing going to happen. It's just we (our conscious or subconsciousness) Will know nothing about it.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join