It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instant Message With God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This isn't a thread to support the belief of God. Merely, an interesting read and, regardless of the two members of the conversation, a insightful one at that.

Again, I state, I am not confirming or denying the existence of God. I simply wish to share this with you. Let's please refrain from letting this turn into another huffy and puffy religious debate. Enjoy.

God: Hello. Did you call me?

Me: Called you? N-no.. who is this?

God: This is GOD - I heard your prayers - thought we'd chat.

Me: Well, I do pray - makes me feel good - but I'm actually busy right now. I'm in the midst of something.

God: What're you busy at? Ants are busy, too.

Me: Don't know. But I can't find free time. Life has become hectic. It's rush hour all the time.

God: Sure. Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you results. Activity consumes time. Productivity frees it.

Me: I understand, but I still can't figure it out. By the way, I was not expecting YOU to buzz me on instant messaging chat.

God : Well, I wanted to resolve your fight for time, by giving you some clarity. In this net era, I wanted to reach you through the medium you are comfortable with.

Me: Tell me, why has life become complicated now?

God: Stop analyzing life. Just live it. Analysis is what makes it complicated.

Me: Why are we then constantly unhappy?

God: Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. You are worrying because you are analyzing. Worrying has become your habit. That's why you are not happy.

Me: But how can we NOT worry when there is so much uncertainty?

God: Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional.

Me: But then, there is so much pain due to uncertainty.

God: Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.

Me: If suffering is optional, why do good people always suffer?

God: Diamonds cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials but don't necessarily have to suffer because of them. With their experiences, their life ought to become better, not bitter.

Me: You mean to say such experiences are useful?

God: Yes. In everyday terms, Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.

Me: But still, why should we go through such tests? Why can't we be free from problems?

God: Problems are Purposeful Roadblocks Offering Beneficial Lessions (to) Enhance Mental Strength. Inner strength comes from struggle and endurance, not when you are free from problems.

Me: Frankly in the midst of so many problems, we don't know where we're heading....

God: If you look outside, you will not know where you are heading. Look inside. Looking outside, you dream. Looking inside, you awaken. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides insight.

Me: Sometimes not succeeding fast enough seems to hurt more than moving in the right direction. What should I do?

God: Success is a measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure as decided by you. Knowing the road ahead is more satisfying than knowing you rode ahead. You work with the compass. Let others work with the clock.

Me: In tough times, how can we stay motivated?

God: Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing.

Me: What surprises you about people?

God: When they suffer they ask, "Why me?" When they prosper, they never ask, "Why me?" Everyone wishes to have truth on their side, yet few want to be on the side of the truth.

Me: Sometimes I ask, who am I? why am I here? I can't get the answer.

God: Seek not to find who you are, but to determine who you want to be. Stop looking for a purpose as to why you are here. Create it. Life is not a process of discovery but a process of creation.

Me: How can I get the best out of life?

God: Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.

Me: One last question. Sometimes I feel my prayers are not answered.

God: There are no unanswered prayers. Sometimes the answer is simply NO.

Me: Thank you for this wonderful chat.

God: Well. Keep the faith and drop the fear. Don't believe your doubts and doubt your beliefs. Life is a mystery to solve not a problem to resolve. Trust me. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.

www.cosmicwise.com...

What did you guys think about that? If you have a hard time reading it because of the usage of the word "God", replace it with something more or less meaning to you. The message is quite nice regardless.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Is there people out there that are that depressed they need to read stuff like this?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

there was a similar thread about this before....

i think it's a bunch of whole new - age concepts muddled in the guise of faith, just to make people lean towards this new reamped version of God, the God that people refuse to see as the truth and put the heavenly Father on the level of people. God demands a lot out of us, and this dialogue just appeals to people that want an easy way out of things.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

i think it's a bunch of whole new - age concepts muddled in the guise of faith, just to make people lean towards this new reamped version of God, the God that people refuse to see as the truth and put the heavenly Father on the level of people. God demands a lot out of us, and this dialogue just appeals to people that want an easy way out of things.

Sorry but.. what would "God" need from Us?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Good read, thanks for posting OP.

Who cares if you believe in God or not?

These are insightful, philosophical, helpful, loving and life-giving words.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
Good read, thanks for posting OP.

Who cares if you believe in God or not?

These are insightful, philosophical, helpful, loving and life-giving words.

Thank you. I agree and I hope that this is what it can be respected for.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

reply to [url= by ErroneousDylan[/url]

Well 'God' seems to need a lot worship, prayer etc from us

And ofc lets not forget it also apparently needs us to believe in it despite there being no evidence for its existence. And if we don't, or we fail to meet its standards, it wants to torture us for eternity in a lake of fire.

So yeah it seems like 'God' needs us quite badly.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

what does God demand from us? i can't tell you from His perspective but this is the way i look at it:
the stronger your faith is, the more you will see what He demands from us; the clearer it will be. those who do not care won't care about what He demands from us.

its to live a holy life. by holy i mean set apart. set apart from this world. set apart from what this world and society tells us. set apart from the flesh. set apart from earthly desires. you must be the light of this world.

isn't it refreshing to see a person open the door behind you and greet you with a smile? its sort of like that.

hard to grasp concept, but not impossible

btw: there is a difference between needing and deserving. I think God deserves all the praise in the world. you're looking at God with the same perspective you would have looking at the birthday girl of a sweet 16. He's not on our level, He's way above it.
edit on 9-1-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

what does God demand from us? i can't tell you from His perspective but this is the way i look at it:
the stronger your faith is, the more you will see what He demands from us; the clearer it will be. those who do not care won't care about what He demands from us.

its to live a holy life. by holy i mean set apart. set apart from this world. set apart from what this world and society tells us. set apart from the flesh. set apart from earthly desires. you must be the light of this world.

isn't it refreshing to see a person open the door behind you and greet you with a smile? its sort of like that.

hard to grasp concept, but not impossible.

In an attempt from derailing this thread from the main text, I am going to refrain from debating that. Thank you for your words.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

This is more rooted in Eastern philosophy than "new age" garbage, its just written in a way that more people can make sense of. For example, instead of "where you go is where you are," the god character explains that suffering/worrying is optional through practical terms.

Religions adopting the teachings and practices of other cultures/philosophies to attract more weak minded people into give them money is nothing new.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

My luck...

he'd ask for credit card details

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This was a great read. Thanks OP

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Great read OP.
To those that immediatly want to make negative comments or suggest thats it's new age this or religious that, whatever, be that way.. it's not gonna cause anyone any problems except yourself.

In my experience, without adding new age stuff or religion to the mix, just down to earth common sense, This makes complete sense to me and i have seen the sentiments in the OP proven for myself on numerous occaisions.

Admit it. NO ONE KNOWS. so whats the point in making some kind of anti-this or that statement about it?

If you don't find this post to be entertaining and to hold some pretty clear non-religious or belief system affiliated logic and wisdom in it then your just a negative person.

"When you worry your face will frown and that will bring everybody down..."

Seriously all you fanatic this's and that'ers.. chill out a bit and try to enjoy your life instead of looking for reasons why it's gotta be bad, you'll die one day and and what will you have? a life of worrying about crap with no clear answers.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Star just for reminding me that im not the only one that has it hard in this fast and uncertain world nice work

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

reply to [url= by ErroneousDylan[/url]

Well 'God' seems to need a lot worship, prayer etc from us

And ofc lets not forget it also apparently needs us to believe in it despite there being no evidence for its existence. And if we don't, or we fail to meet its standards, it wants to torture us for eternity in a lake of fire.

So yeah it seems like 'God' needs us quite badly.

Don't confuse 'God' with religion....
two entirely different things.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I like it!

I am not a religious person, but wanted to give it a chance and i am glad i did. Half way through i was thinking about how there wasn't a single religious notion there, so the God part wasn't necessary. I am glad to see you had a similar thought that you posted at the end of the exchange.

Thanks for the words of wisdom OP!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

This isn't a thread to support the belief of God. Merely, an interesting read and, regardless of the two members of the conversation, a insightful one at that.

Again, I state, I am not confirming or denying the existence of God. I simply wish to share this with you. Let's please refrain from letting this turn into another huffy and puffy religious debate. Enjoy.

God: Sure. Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you results. Activity consumes time. Productivity frees it.
God : Well, I wanted to resolve your fight for time, by giving you some clarity. In this net era, I wanted to reach you through the medium you are comfortable with.
God: Stop analyzing life. Just live it. Analysis is what makes it complicated.
God: Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. You are worrying because you are analyzing. Worrying has become your habit. That's why you are not happy.
God: Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional.
God: Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.
God: Diamonds cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials but don't necessarily have to suffer because of them. With their experiences, their life ought to become better, not bitter.
God: Yes. In everyday terms, Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.
God: Problems are Purposeful Roadblocks Offering Beneficial Lessions (to) Enhance Mental Strength. Inner strength comes from struggle and endurance, not when you are free from problems.
God: If you look outside, you will not know where you are heading. Look inside. Looking outside, you dream. Looking inside, you awaken. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides insight.
God: Success is a measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure as decided by you. Knowing the road ahead is more satisfying than knowing you rode ahead. You work with the compass. Let others work with the clock.
God: Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing.
God: When they suffer they ask, "Why me?" When they prosper, they never ask, "Why me?" Everyone wishes to have truth on their side, yet few want to be on the side of the truth.
God: Seek not to find who you are, but to determine who you want to be. Stop looking for a purpose as to why you are here. Create it. Life is not a process of discovery but a process of creation.
God: Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.
God: There are no unanswered prayers. Sometimes the answer is simply NO.
God: Well. Keep the faith and drop the fear. Don't believe your doubts and doubt your beliefs. Life is a mystery to solve not a problem to resolve. Trust me. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.

www.cosmicwise.com...

What did you guys think about that? If you have a hard time reading it because of the usage of the word "God", replace it with something more or less meaning to you. The message is quite nice regardless.
You are correct, your thread does not support a belief in God. And yes, it does give insight, it gives insight into the thoughts of those who do not support a belief in God. In order to have a belief in God, one must look to the source of information given about God first, analyse the information, and verify through personal experience, otherwise they will be as most people on this site who say "we can never really know, that's the beauty of it". Well to me there is nothing beautiful about ignorance, even worse is willfull ignorance. And speaking of ignorance, lets take a look at the third response that was given. "Stop analyzing life." How can anyone call this piece of work "insightful"? We are here on this site for a reason are we not? More often than not, with those who claim to believe in the existance of God, I see that lies are mixed with truths that the lies may be taken as truths. As for the fifteenth response, I believe that those who truly live without some regrets are sociopaths by definition. If anyone wants to learn about God, look to the source, and by source I mean what Jesus himself says for he is greater than Solomon. IF anyone is to believe in God or his son Jesus, it would be fitting to learn from what Jesus says in the bible, rather than from those who honor him with their lips with no works to show for it. If anyone were to read the bible objectively they'd see that works DO matter. Athiests, to their credit, know this to be true, the science of cause and effect. For the record, I do not consider myself to be a Christian, for two reasons. 1. I am a sinner. 2. Todays Christians breed sociopaths, wisdom is shown by her children. Anyone who analyses life is off to a great start. There is nothing noble in willfull ignorance.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

hard to grasp concept, but not impossible.

In an attempt from derailing this thread from the main text, I am going to refrain from debating that. Thank you for your words.
Derailing this thread eh? So, in your opinion, what is the purpose of this thread, is it about denying ignorance? If it is about denying ignorance, and if you think that the person you responded to is ignorant, why aren't you willing to help him and show him the error of his ways? Surely you wouldn't keep a person in ignorance out of spite...right?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Thanks, Dylan! I found the OP to be refreshing, sensible, and as someone else pointed out, in line with Eastern Philosophies. Particularly the statements about worry.

I disagree that it is "new age" mumbo jumbo. It's actually based on the ancient's teachings, the Taoist and Zen paths.

The only idea I found strange was to "stop analysing and just live". I think it's critical to our growth as spiritual entities to experience things fully, and to think about them profoundly.

Good on ya, for providing this, and for having found it thought-provoking and of interest...which it is, to those who think past what they are spoon-fed from a neat little jar packaged by someone else.

--wt
edit on 9-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Do you mind if I switch "God" for "Tebow"? I like that better

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join