It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instant Message With God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think in regards to the "Stop analyzing life" part, it is referring to what many spiritual teachers claim one should not do and that is to dwell on the past or future. It is said that, to be problem free, one must live in the now; the present moment.

"God" supports my notion in Its very next line:

"Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. You are worrying because you are analyzing. Worrying has become your habit. That's why you are not happy."

In the above quote you were worrying about today, yesterday (e.i worrying about the future).

I think that is what it is claiming. Stop worrying and analyzing non-existant moments (past/future) and enjoy and live the present moment. Such is meditation. If you properly practice a no-mind meditation technique, you aren't in the future or the past (mentally) and are in the now. That's just my take on it, however.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
Do you mind if I switch "God" for "Tebow"? I like that better

Of course. You may replace whatever you wish.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I find these words ring truth to my soul. They have no religious affiliation, yet they are truly beautiful in their own right and transcend many of the religious views of today.

IMHO anyone that can find fault with these words are so blinded by their religious dogma that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

Thank you so very much for sharing this heartstring tugging article.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

What did you guys think about that? If you have a hard time reading it because of the usage of the word "God", replace it with something more or less meaning to you.

hmm...I LOVE having the word GOD in there
thx for the thread..

but ya know.. it's kids talk about GOD the simple wisdom of a child.. ;D

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

What did you guys think about that? If you have a hard time reading it because of the usage of the word "God", replace it with something more or less meaning to you.

hmm...I LOVE having the word GOD in there
thx for the thread..

but ya know.. it's kids talk about GOD the simple wisdom of a child.. ;D

I did not know, but now I do. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonNova
I find these words ring truth to my soul. They have no religious affiliation, yet they are truly beautiful in their own right and transcend many of the religious views of today.

IMHO anyone that can find fault with these words are so blinded by their religious dogma that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

Thank you so very much for sharing this heartstring tugging article.

Namaste

You are very welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Very eye opening,
thanks for sharing,
I shall share via facebook. cheers.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I liked it, thank you very much.
It was a nice little read, worthy of being shared.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
For us who believe in God and wrestle with our inner selves constantly, this is a great read. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think he blocked me.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ironically
I dont have time to read that thread.. its to long

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This reminds me of a kind of millenial version of something like The Prophet

Timeless wisdom, neatly packaged... Thanks for sharing OP

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
this made me laugh! I am a new Christian, and oh, the things i've said to God.... and he hasn't even crushed me with a lightening bolt! Also he said all these things to me.... not on chat

just FYI God is always right,.... always

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
Good read, thanks for posting OP.

Who cares if you believe in God or not?

These are insightful, philosophical, helpful, loving and life-giving words.

Exactly what I was thinking, don't know why there are so many negative people on ATS these days..

Maybe its the times...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

thank you very much for this post, i've recently woke up to the truth and this thread sums up all of the things i have realised over the last couple of months, life is so much simpler now that i know the truth, I've copied this initial thread to facebook and many friend (non believers) have said what good advice this is. thank you

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

I've copied this initial thread to facebook and many friend (non believers) have said what good advice this is. thank you

I know you wrote this to Dylan, but wanted to take the opportunity to welcome you to ATS. Put on your armor and welcome aboard!
--wildtimes

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Blah blah blah. You can't disprove him, but we can prove God exists. How can we prove this? Because he gives us power to heal the lame and cure the sick, the only thing that is needed is for 2 or 3 of us to be together and be in agreement and minds of one accord and faith healing will take place. Most christians do not believe they can do this anymore, their fear of failure holds them back. The day they lose that fear and trust in Him, miracles willagain happen in the world of the very same the Apostles worked in the Holy Spirit. You'd be surprised how Lucifer has had Christ's people believing the lie they have no power.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I know you wrote this to Dylan, but wanted to take the opportunity to welcome you to ATS. Put on your armor and welcome aboard!
--wildtimes

reply to post by wildtimes

Hi, thank you for your warm welcome. this is the first forum I have ever joined and this was my very first post, so it is nice to have some words of encouragement. Thank you

edit on 12-1-2012 by Minnie1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Some parts were a bit too intellectual for me, but in total it was good. When speaking about God I like emotions of love to be invoked and not intellect. Leave intellect to science and leave emotion and spiritual growth to God... Just my opinion!

Originally posted by boncho
Is there people out there that are that depressed they need to read stuff like this?

Yup, and some aren't depressed they just love that feeling of love...

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Well 'God' seems to need a lot worship, prayer etc from us

And ofc lets not forget it also apparently needs us to believe in it despite there being no evidence for its existence. And if we don't, or we fail to meet its standards, it wants to torture us for eternity in a lake of fire.

So yeah it seems like 'God' needs us quite badly.

There are many different views of God. God does not "need" anything from you. The purpose of your life is to hold God/Love in your life, the basis of your life is FREEDOM. From loves comes the basis of freedom although people are free to enslave others and do unloving things...

There are views of God which does not believe in an eternal punishment, so no - God does not need you to do anything - you are free.

Originally posted by Hydroman
I think he blocked me.

Is there love anywhere in your life? Then you have GOD. GOD = LOVE. I use the term interchangeably.

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Usually, I disagree with you Lonewolf but I agree with you here. People were tricked into believing that they can't perform miracles and that's why it usually doesn't happen now and that's why there are fakes because they don't have 100% belief. People understood that they can perform miracles when working through love...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join