It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to ATS Blogs? How many liked them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I had an idea the other day about ATS and blogging. I used the search feature, and did a lot of reading thereafter.

It seems there was a blogging feature years ago. In 07 they went down. I couldn't find a reason. Anyone?

Another member did the offsite route. Ugh. That's logging in and out of several websites.

I also found this gem, but it's dated to the same 2007 timeframe.

Personally, I have been a blogger for over ten years, so it's natural to think that as great as ATS is, there should be a blogging area. To me, it would seem that you could create a thread in GCC, titled "Username's Blog", and just keep posting new posts. That covers the basics with no infrastructure changes. A new forum called "Blogs" in BTS would basically handle the same feature.

Is there any talk about bringing blogs back? A blogging forum?

Any answers? I'm just curious.......
edit on 1/8/12 by Druid42 because: forgot to capitalize a letter.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Should the ATS Blog Forum be rejected:

Consider using the Short Stories forum to turn ones "blog" ideas into something a bit more creative.
IMHO, much more entertaining, perhaps packing more of a punch (if done right) ...

edit on 8-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hi Druid,

I too like the idea of being able to have your own personal blog within ATS, your own little space where you can post what you want and have a little more control over who else posts there. Maybe even one little thread per member where ideas don't necessarily have to be related to the OP and where the other members can comment but in a slightly less obvious way regarding each one of your posts.

I guess it would be asking too much if each member had a few select mod powers regarding which comments make it to the blog or possibly even a 'mini' applause feature.

Maybe ATS decided that member wall's were adequate....? Good luck finding answers.

edit on 8/1/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ideas.

The blogging aspect of ATS is a touchy subject, a whole revision of the site.

I'm asking for a forum. For Blogs. Nothing more, for now, because I think people will want to have their "own blog" on ATS. Can we get a forum called Blogs? Or something?

I'm not asking for a blog client, or any changes to the site. No additional software required.

I think that those who know/want to blog, already know how.

However, in previous times, there was a 400 post limit for blog starting. Is there a way to tweak that as a parameter for thread starting? I agree that a member should have at least 400 posts to start a blog thread.

I am just throwing ideas out. I've yet to hear from the owners. Waiting....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I am awaiting feedback. A Blog forum is an instant fix, where members would hie to. Let's see what the ownership has to say. I am curious now. A new forum is harmless, and requires no changes to the infrastructure of ATS.

Waiting.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
While I’m not in a position to really say, yes you can have a blog/blog forum or not, I do know that we all have the ability to create blogs on the ATS media page. It’s just that no-one use them.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

But aren't the site owners phasing out the media section? Moving it to the new uploader?

I checked, but it requires a login, and I'm not about to start using that for a blog just yet.

However, thanks for your input. It is very much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I used to read the blogs here. Do they exist in an archive? I am curious to see some of the old blogs, and see if there were any good newsworthy tidbits to talk about in today's ATS environment. So does anyone know if they are to be found?

top topics

join