It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Program in Newark, NJ: Turn in your neighbor, get $1,000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Welcome to Nazi Germany everyone! Newark has started a new program where if you turn in your neighbor or someone for owning a gun, you get $1,000 for your "effort". I mean, we have to get those Jews... er.. criminals and terrorists off the street!

Great points about this on Zerohedge:

In terms of 2nd Amendment rights, I find the very idea of debate rather pointless. The logic is undeniable. If you cannot defend yourself, you are a victim. Period. You become food for predators and parasites. Any state government or national government which actively seeks to disarm its citizens is suspect. I couldn’t care less about their stated rationalizations or rhetoric. In New Jersey, in Chicago, in Washington D.C., or anywhere else for that matter, an innocent man who is disarmed by law will always be victimized by an outlaw who armed through criminality. The concept of reduced crime through gun confiscation is so naïve it warrants considerable analysis. Through such efforts, good men are left defenseless, while evil men are free to wreak havoc.

The 2nd Amendment is not a negotiable or debatable pillar of the Constitution. It is absolute in its protection. Every American, regardless of the temporary circumstances of the times, is free to arm and defend himself from ANY enemy, from average criminals, to government thugs. The gun confiscation program featured in the video below, and instituted by officials in New Jersey, should not be taken lightly. The pure idiocy inherent in its premise cannot be ignored. New Jersey’s willingness to pay off potential informants could very well be a petri dish test for much more expansive programs across the country in the future. If we cannot stop the corruption and anti-constitutionalism of a pathetic state like New Jersey, then how can we expect to disrupt the same brand of corruption throughout the U.S.?

Guns are simply not the issue. An armed and educated populace is a populace safe from crime. This is a fact. New Jersey’s informant program is a travesty of justice, not only because it encourages American on American treason, but also because it ignores the very purpose behind the Second Amendment; to create a populace free from the fear of tyranny. If we do not put an end to the anti-gun tides in New Jersey, we should fully expect to see such atrocities against freedom planted at our own front doors in the near future. There are no exceptions to the Constitution. New Jersey is not outside of its jurisdiction. Every person in that state deserves the same protections as anyone else. We must disrupt the sick and perverted no questions asked buy off policies now prominent in that region, or be subject to the same in the near future…

www.zerohedge.com...

www.newarkpolicefoundation.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Meh, if you lived in Newark you would know the # we have to put up with. The place is cleaning up itself real well. It used to be the #tiest city in the country at one point. Really nothing good comes out of owning and touting a gun in Newark. It really is that bad if you see a gun it probably is not registered or not in possession of it's owner.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
more like we are giving you money to screw your neighbor!

programs like this only screw honest people and breed resentment between the population.i know if i lived in an area like that i would have a hard time trusting anyone at all.

divide and conquer my friends divide and conquer

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Imagine how shocked people will be when they announce the School Snitch Program. Kid's are invited to reveal their parents' darkest secrets for a free college education.

If you see something, say something

ETA
First they came for the guns, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a gun-owner...
edit on 8/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
more like we are giving you money to screw your neighbor!

programs like this only screw honest people and breed resentment between the population.i know if i lived in an area like that i would have a hard time trusting anyone at all.

divide and conquer my friends divide and conquer

This is 'divide and conquer' and it works!

Having the population Police themselves is also saving them lots of money and this is just the thin end of the wedge.

Behind the Berlin Wall - people used to whisper to each other and were very much at the mercy of their children at school and what they might come out with 'Out of the Mouth of Babes' it happens in North Korea to this day.
Those Drones are just the start of complete surveillance - don't think for one moment that the PTB aren't using listening devices too.

Big Brother has Big Eyes and Big Ears!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

i live in detroit. if you really wanna see crime live here. im not afraid for my life when i walk outside but there is always the chance. telling you to screw your neighbors isnt going to help the problem.

the effects of a prohibition will always be the same no matter what.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Soon it will be a 1000 dollars if you can inform the government that your neighbor is a terrorist....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I am in Newark too and I think the program is right. There is nothing to do with NWO bs. No nazis in Newark, your comments are misleading 100%. Sorry, but I have to stop your snowball before it gets bigger.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420

programs like this only screw honest people

Honest people have a firearm licence, as the law commands.We are not in the far west anymore.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

To mossme, Thanks for the info. This will be one more state I can cross off to ever live in. The three cities you spoke of also have some of the highest crime rates to go along with there most repressive gun laws in America. It never stops dumb founding me how some people are so willing to give up rights for false security. People just dont understand that their guns rights are as much for protection from there own goverment as it is from criminals. Just as we were so willing to let freedoms go in the name of terrorism. Remember that the next time your at the airport and your wife or 8 year old daughter is being patted down, are when you move and open a new bank account and have to prove thats your money that you worked for the last five years. Remember these days.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hardly surprises me that this comes out of the most corrupt state in the union.
This is no surprise to me at all...they were always a facist pig #$%#)& state!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am sorry but $1,000. is not much of an incentive , especially when one weighs the potential consequences.
But presumably Law enforecement feels that it is adequate compensation AND motivation.

It is actually more of an insult to one's intelligence.

Additionally, People who own these guns usually work in organizations commonly called or better known as Gangs and might frown upon one of their organizations members being incarcerated as a result of being "turned in" by one of their neighbors.

And Don't they have telephones in Prison ?

What happens if the perp calls his associates..."Tell Tyrone Dat neighbor Mofo turned my A$$ In !"

That mightn't make it well worth it for the snitch ....

Yep, this is the type of scheme that might work on television ...but lets look at the real world here.

This is really in actuality more of an insult to one's intelligence.

But is also reflective of the intelligence levels of those who create such hare brained plans or ideas.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Somebody has to help me understand this. I don't see the problem. Here's the program:

Gun Stoppers - GUNS WANTED
Anyone with important information about a gun-related crime in Newark can CALL 1-877-NWK-GUNS (1-877-695-4867) or TEXT 274637 (CRIMES) to provide information anonymously. The Newark Police Department has a special Gun Stoppers Unit to operate the hotline and track down felons identified through it. Callers/Texters are not asked their name but instead receive a code number to be eligible to collect a reward of up to $2,000 anonymously.

Call
1. Call 1-877-NWK-GUNS (1-877-695-4867)

2. Report your information to a Gun Stoppers Unit Officer

3. Receive a 4 digit pin number.

4. Call back a month later and if your information led to an arrest, you receive another 4 digit pin number.

5. Take your two sets of pins numbers to one of our designated banks and walk out with up to $1,000 cash. No questions asked!

Text
1. TEXT 274637 (CRIMES)

2. In the message body, type NWKTIPS then your information

3. Receive a 4 digit pin number.

4. Call back a month later and if your information led to an arrest, you receive another 4 digit pin number.

5. Take your two sets of pins numbers to one of our designated banks and walk out with up to $1,000 cash. No questions asked!

As it says, it's only looking for "important information about a gun-related crime in Newark." I don't see how this is different from any other reward hotline, except that it covers more than one particular crime.

Help. What am I missing?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
When has anyone got $ for turning someone in? especially if you remain "Anonymous"

Did the Unabombers brother get the reward for turning in "Ted the Terroist?" NO

Did the soldier who "found" Saddam Hussein get the reward? NO

Has anyone on here known of anyone who turned in somebody and actually got a cash reward (along with a "Snitch" label)

Key word is "info that leads up to the arrest of the wanted fugitive"

"Up To" is the loophole they use, YOU have to PROVE your info lead to the arrest. If it wasn't for YOUR info, the fugitive would still be on the loose. You get NO reward for snitching on somebody with an "illegal firearm"

I would think twice before turning a person in with "illegal firearms" they will get revenge, & you are a "marked snitch" to people who HAVE "illegal guns"

Choose your battles wisely, especially if your "enemy" has a BIGGER gun.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This is very probably linked to crime rate, which is really high in Newark it seems (5th in rank for youth deaths by gun violence): Death Rate

There are 5 times more murders and robberies than in the average US city, and twice as many assaults. The rape rates are lower, so that shows that out-of-control guns are a big problem in that city. Crime Rates Newark, NJ

To me it seems like a decent measure given the problems that city faces, and it looks like they´re targetting illegal guns. Of course some people will abuse this measure, but getting guns out of the streets is more beneficial.
edit on 9/1/2012 by Jooles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Dang I'm gonna hang out with gangstas and get friggen rich rich.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
are people outside the states eligable for this, because i saw 300 million americans with guns the other day

Post the cheque, cheers

edit on 9-1-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I may be a believer of the second amendment but my dad isn't and he would be really do this if he found that a neighbor have one

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Then plant a gun on your dad's belongings, call the hotline and get rid of that TRAITOR!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles, with all due respect;
All laws and programmes start out for the betterment of the people. No law is initiated with the overt intent of restricting freedoms.

It's all about safety. It's all about the youth.

Until it isn't.

What needs to be looked at is not how the law is used, but how far it can be abused. Because, most certainly, someone who has written it, has already gone the next step.

Kindest regards,

beez

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join