It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see this a moment ago?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere that they were going to show us what would happen on the site if the SOPA bill was passed. I'm guessing thats what would happen. I'm not in the US though so I don't know if it would affect me in a real case scenario.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i was like omg and closed it before i had a heart attack lol! Its the mods lol

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yeah i saw it, was happily reading along and thought my laptop had come down with a virus, but i tried the page again and it was fine so, at the end of the day, thank f it wasnt a virus!

But some warning may have been nice as us of a illegal disposition could have had a coronary!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yep, I saw it too. I was like WTF is that...

ROFL

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

nice one but in all seriousness for the last 2 days i have had trouble with the site loading i thought it was my laptop slowing but i get every other site at normal speed ???

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

YES!!! I did!. I couldn't stop laughing, it could NOT be serious.
It's nice to keep people on their toes.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Dembow because: uhh THEY made me do it, I swear!!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If I got on ATS on day and I saw that I would be soo mad. Always have it open in a tab hahah.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For the nuts & bolts about this.

Here is Skeptic Overlord's explanation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yup - was like its over Johnny!
lol

Would love to have that link to post on some other sights i frequent to wake people up!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
SOPA schmopa , use a public proxy or create your own and you'll be viewing blocked content in no time

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

lol yes it just popped up on a post i clicked i was like wtf this site is blocked to all Americans. i am British mofos was ready to write a really nasty email to the white house ha ha ha

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
At first I was like # what did I do? Then I was like
gotta use something called a pen-cil and pa-p-er. I love technology to much for that...I mean look at my name. lol

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I was warned by ATS, I'm not sure why. I stated that if the government came to my home to arrest me, there would be a fight to the death & I won't go alone. If I get banned it was nice chatting with you guys and getting input. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Skeptic Overlord posted his concernes about SOPA the other day. He stated in the post that ATS would be enacting measures such as this to get peoples attention. when I saw this I instantly thought of what he wrote (plus it reminded me of the warnings you get from nefarious virus detection companies trying to scare you with a bogus virus warning) I don't recall the name of the post or exact date of the SOPA post.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yep,saw it,and I am taking a few days off to regroup.

Later,taters.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It is the ATS version of scare tactics and advertising all in one, but you asked so I guess it worked its purpose.
Are you scared??? you shouldn't be, you're on ATS tactics!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
All someone has to do is suggest a copyright infringement for a site to be taken down, weather it was copyright or not, they dont even check to see if it really is copyright.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yeah i've just seen it on a thread that i was trying to get on but the thread has since been taken down.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
yep I got this early this morning as well, thought wtf I'm not in the US
but all was well with a quick refresh. IMO SOPA will be implemented/passed (whatever) just like the NDAA was, and all the other legislation that appears to be raping the US constitution. And then similar measures will be implemented across the EU and in any other country that 'toes the US line'

Oh well, I'll say my goodbyes now ... thanks ATS, it's been emotional

ETA: May be a good time to invest in the all new 'revolutionary' pigeon legion. I feel a business opportunity coming on

edit on 8-1-2012 by HighMaintenance because: pigeons

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
yeah I saw it,
I guess it is ATS showing you what it would look like if SOPA goes ahead?!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join