It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Good Life Has Ended

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I haven't been on ATS for quite some time and just stumbled across this heart-breaking news. I am so sorry to hear about your nana. She was a good soul to be sure.
She helped me in my time of need a few months ago...
Her words state what I am feeling for you better than I could ever say on my own...
"My heart aches for you. I know the emptiness of your heart and arms. There are no words of comfort for that. "
Know that she is at peace and waiting for you beyond the veil.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mara5683
Time

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hadn't looked at the site for ages and so just found out.

Your Nana was a very special lady and will always have a place in my heart. We had such fun too and so many great parties! I think about her often and will remember her in my prayers.

I am going to try and make something in her honour, perhaps a painting so that I will always remember her strength, humour, wisdom and compassion.

May she travel always in your heart

much love Mara xxxx

Thanks, Mara, for the kind words. Nana touched a lot of lives and she left a legacy of love and kindness.

Its been a month but seems like just yesterday we were laughing. She loved to laugh and smile. Said smiling made her face feel good.

We really, really miss her.

Time

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
I haven't been on ATS for quite some time and just stumbled across this heart-breaking news. I am so sorry to hear about your nana. She was a good soul to be sure.
She helped me in my time of need a few months ago...
Her words state what I am feeling for you better than I could ever say on my own...
"My heart aches for you. I know the emptiness of your heart and arms. There are no words of comfort for that. "
Know that she is at peace and waiting for you beyond the veil.

Hi, avatar22. Thanks a bunch for taking time to come by and leave a comment.

Knowing she's at peace and free to be is what keeps the rest of us from falling completely apart. We miss her more than any of us left can say.

Thanks again.

Time

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Up on your favorite mountaintop
We set your ashes free.
It was every bit as hard
As I knew it was gonna be.

All the birds were singing
Sweet and bright and free
I swear I saw you standing
Beneath that old pine tree.

The memories came flooding
Along with all the tears
The pain was overwhelming
But then I felt you near.

Your voice was low and gentle
As it would always be
And I thought I was dreaming
When these words spoke to me

"Young one, I love you dearly
And that will never change.
But its time to stop this grieving
And just remember me.

Its time to dry your eyes, child,
Go and be who I taught you to be."

Thanks to all of you who took the time to come by and leave a comment. I've shared them all with the rest of my family. You've helped us more than I can ever tell you.

Nana always said she was a work in progress. I understand that a lot better now. We all are.

Time

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Time4aChange

What a beautiful poem and a beautiful tribute Time4aChange.
I'm glad to hear TNTarheel got the send-off she deserved so fittingly.

I guess people are in some way meant to serve as examples. Whether we like it or not one thing is certain but indefinite and elusive. I guess it's better that way though.

To TNT!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Time4aChange

What a beautiful poem and a beautiful tribute Time4aChange.
I'm glad to hear TNTarheel got the send-off she deserved so fittingly.

I guess people are in some way meant to serve as examples. Whether we like it or not one thing is certain but indefinite and elusive. I guess it's better that way though.

To TNT!

To Nana!

Thanks, Driver. Have a hard time putting thoughts into words and verse-style seems to help me center.

Just seemed the right thing to do. Nana loved being outdoors. She really had a fit when she had to stay in the hospital. Called the doctors and nurses vampires. LOL Now her remains are as free as her spirit.

Kinda makes it final, huh? Nothing's left but memories. And the path she taught me to walk.

Thanks again, Driver. Good to know she's still remembered.

Time

edit on 4/26/2012 by Time4aChange because: alien danced on keyboard

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join