It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offers nuclear technology to friendly African nations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Aeons

I think this announcement is politically motivated somehow and is not actually on the list of Iranian priorities right now. What I'm trying to figure out is what they think they have to gain by announcing this. Don't get me wrong, I think Iran is being unfairly demonized and any strike or invasion would be unjust. But now is just not the right time for this announcement. That's my main concern.

Something's up and I'm not sure what it is yet.

It's called the BAT SIGNAL.

Calling all 'oppressed' people, we will help you if only you will give your sword to our cause.

Except, once the fighting stops, that sword is pointed at you.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

If China was more than willing to kill tens of Millions of their OWN people just a few short decades back what makes you think that once they reach a certain level of Global political Cloat that they wont hisitate or think twice about killing millions of "Non-Chinese" if their investments are threatened?

Seems that the stage is being set.
Iran is unwittingly setting up their present main supporters for a future disaster/quagmire.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

iran is in big trouble now
they had qaddaffi lynched on TV for less than this

reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

www.schillerinstitute.org...
heres the original kissinger memo wlym.com...

Originally posted by Aeons
Oh goody. Unstable governments with lack of infrastructure and regulatory mechanisms with nuclear plants.

Brilliance incarnate.

only if you drink the kool aid
the reason for the political instability in africa is in the links above, not because "africans are brutish savages that want to eat each other"

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

The more Iran gives the collective middle finger to the “great satan” the closer they come to their own demise.

History will record that Iran sealed its own fate...

As fair minded as I try to remain in this build-up to war... I cannot argue your logic here. If Iran not only wants to develop the full spread of nuclear technologies for itself, but take it upon themselves to spread it to all others, they leave the world little choice but to stop them with brutal and absolute means.

If this is accurate and in context to what they said and meant....then indeed, they are sealing their own fate. Obama's pushing and war mongering can't change the fact Iran would seem to be creating a situation where their obliteration as a Government and Leadership is simply the only way left.

Iranian civilians may want to start vacating areas where Government and Military facilities exist. I really don't want to see the population hurt, but the leaders have to go when they're saying stuff like this.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It's not like the US, the UK or any other government for that matter...never did nasty things to its own population right? Chemical, drug, toxin, unknown substance experiments going back at least 70 years I can point you at. I won't mention the radiation....

Yes I will... www.holeinthehead.com...

Now tell me that isn't government experimentation. Please!
ETA Source
edit on 7/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

The more Iran gives the collective middle finger to the “great satan” the closer they come to their own demise.

While I respect your opinion, I disagree with it. The history of western nations will indeed record that Iran sealed it's own fate, but the rest of the world and those that keep up with current events will see that the Iran was trying to become independent and to give the rest of the world this gift but, other countries don't want that so they instigated a war with this country. I do agree with the OP though, nuclear reactors with uranium are not as safe as reactors that use thorium as its fuel. I hope that the US backs down from its stance on Iran instead of killing more civilians in their quest for oil.
ask people in japan if nuclear energy feels like a gift :/

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
More posturing from Iran. It's probably why we (American) have such a big presence in Africa right now.

But what does Iran have to lose?
They can bloviate, boast, and spout all they want.

The minute it gets too hot (rhetoric) they'll back down and just claim that they want yellow cake for "peaceful" means.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Where would you feel safer living over the next year - Iran or America? Iran wants war so they can usher in the mythical 12th Imam. In reality, it is ushering in the end of the radical Islamic stranglehold on the peaceful people in the middle-east. The Iranian regime will be gone soon....they will see to that!

I would feel safer in Iran, if it weren't for the military machine drooling looking at all that oil and natural gas.
Iran doesn't want a war, maybe their leader does, but, according to Twelver Shi'as references to the Qur'an...well, instead of saying it in my own words, here is the text:

Twelver Shi'as cite various references from the Qur'an and reports, or Hadith, from Imam Mahdi and the twelve Shi'a Imams with regard to the reappearance of al-Mahdi who would, in accordance with Allah's command, bring justice and peace to the world by establishing Islam throughout the world. Mahdi is reported to have said: Shi'as believe that Imam al-Mahdi will reappear when the world has fallen into chaos and civil war emerges between the human race for no reason. At this time, it is believed, half of the true believers will ride from Yemen carrying white flags to Makkah, while the other half will ride from Karbala, in Iraq, carrying black flags to Makkah. At this time, Imam al-Mahdi will come wielding Allah's Sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane, Zulfiqar (Arabic: ذو الفقار, ðū l-fiqār), the Double-Bladed Sword. He will also come and reveal the texts in his possession, such as al-Jafr and al-Jamia. Shi'as believe that Jesus will also come (after Imam Mahdi's re-appearance) and follow the Imam Mahdi to destroy tyranny and falsehood and to bring justice and peace to the world.

From here.

Notice this sentence from the above:

Shi'as believe that Imam al-Mahdi will reappear when the world has fallen into chaos and civil war emerges between the human race for no reason.

If it happens for no reason, then trying to start a war would be in contradiction to their beliefs.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

While I respect your opinion, I disagree with it. The history of western nations will indeed record that Iran sealed it's own fate, but the rest of the world and those that keep up with current events will see that the Iran was trying to become independent and to give the rest of the world this gift but, other countries don't want that so they instigated a war with this country. I do agree with the OP though, nuclear reactors with uranium are not as safe as reactors that use thorium as its fuel. I hope that the US backs down from its stance on Iran instead of killing more civilians in their quest for oil.
ask people in japan if nuclear energy feels like a gift :/

As I am sure you have read, I am against nuclear reactors that don't use thorium. Don't use the Japanese disaster as a means to further your agenda please, it's not classy.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by SLAYER69

Don`t let the different approaches to business worry you m8.

When China does business they bring suitcases of money , and a non-interventionist approach.

When the US does business , they bring in the Marines and the 5th fleet.

Now , who should the African countries fear .

edit on 7-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: spelling, due to lack of coffee

lol and not everybody in africa is taking it lying down

it's already happening with the black market economies as is the case of Systeme D

With only a mobile phone and a promise of money from his uncle, David Obi did something the Nigerian government has been trying to do for decades: He figured out how to bring electricity to the masses in Africa's most populous country.
For More
Welcome to Bazaaristan
Photos from the trillion shadow economy

It wasn't a matter of technology. David is not an inventor or an engineer, and his insights into his country's electrical problems had nothing to do with fancy photovoltaics or turbines to harness the harmattan or any other alternative sources of energy. Instead, 7,000 miles from home, using a language he could hardly speak, he did what traders have always done: made a deal. He contracted with a Chinese firm near Guangzhou to produce small diesel-powered generators under his uncle's brand name, Aakoo, and shipped them home to Nigeria, where power is often scarce. David's deal, struck four years ago, was not massive -- but it made a solid profit and put him on a strong footing for success as a transnational merchant. Like almost all the transactions between Nigerian traders and Chinese manufacturers, it was also sub rosa: under the radar, outside of the view or control of government, part of the unheralded alternative economic universe of System D.

You probably have never heard of System D. Neither had I until I started visiting street markets and unlicensed bazaars around the globe.

Source:
Excerpt: The Shadow Superpower
Forget China: the $10 trillion global black market is the world's fastest growing economy -- and its future.
www.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
The reason the western nations do not want Africa prosperous is that they do not want them to have the technology to mine their resources themselves and get independent upon foreign help. Iran is doing a good thing. Not only that Kissinger once stated that we cannot give Africa the technology to do so because these minerals are for our next generation.

They want the African nations dependent, and enslaved by oil and debt. A good book on this topic is 'Confessions of an Economic Hit Man' by John Perkins. Pick it up at barnes. I bought it but havent had the chance to read it yet.
edit on 7-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

While Africa could use help, particularily with trade deals, the biggest problem is corruption. Honestly, what good can come of giving tinpot dictatorships nuclear technology? A disaster waiting to happen

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Shi'as believe that Imam al-Mahdi will reappear when the world has fallen into chaos and civil war emerges between the human race for no reason.

If it happens for no reason, then trying to start a war would be in contradiction to their beliefs.

Iran considers its countless provocations as JUSTIFIED and rational, so when the US crushes them they will absolutely believe it was a war brought upon them for no reason.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Iran considers its countless provocations as JUSTIFIED and rational, so when the US crushes them they will absolutely believe it was a war brought upon them for no reason.

Countless provocations? Please source. US crushes them? I don't hope for a war with Iran. There have been enough people killed over oil don't you think? Enough innocents killed? I think the majority of the world will believe it was a war brought upon them for no reason (barring them striking first).

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Pls OBLITERATE Iran already, even if tens of millions will die.

Do i sound insane?

Well, lets imagine a nuclear Iran who will give friendly african nations (those that are killing eachother already in tens of thousands with machetes and AK's) nuclear tech.

Sudan, Chad, Nigeria, Ethiopia...to name only FEW crazy african countries who mastered the genocide.
Want then to nuke eachother? So be it.

But lets nuke Itan first.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Countless provocations? Please source. US crushes them? I don't hope for a war with Iran. There have been enough people killed over oil don't you think? Enough innocents killed? I think the majority of the world will believe it was a war brought upon them for no reason (barring them striking first).

No provocations from Iran???

So you want to ignore everything the leaders in Iran have been saying for the past 30+ years about wiping Israel off the map? You want to ignore that Iran is the #1 state sponsor of terrorists world-wide? You want to ignore the fact that Iran has been fighting a proxy war with the US on the ground in Iraq? You want to ignore their call for world-wide caliphate? You want to ignore their arming of Hamas and others to fight a proxy war against Israel? You want to ignore their threats to sink American ship in the Strait of Hormuz?

Just take them at their own words!!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Under the Non-Proliferation treaty (which I might add Israel isn't a signatory to) Iran hasn't done anything wrong.

Article IV: 1. Nothing in this Treaty shall be interpreted as affecting the inalienable right of all the Parties to the Treaty to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes without discrimination and in conformity with Articles I and II of this Treaty.

2. All the Parties to the Treaty undertake to facilitate, and have the right to participate in, the fullest possible exchange of equipment, materials and scientific and technological information for the peaceful uses of nuclear energy. Parties to the Treaty in a position to do so shall also co-operate in contributing alone or together with other States or international organizations to the further development of the applications of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, especially in the territories of non-nuclear-weapon States Party to the Treaty, with due consideration for the needs of the developing areas of the world.

Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by seabag

The more the USA warmongers want war, the more the USA is going to seal its fate. Remember the Roman Empire, no one thought it would be destroyed, but how strong is it now?

Well... ever heard of the Roman Catholic Church? There's a saying: A Leopard changes its spots by moving from one position to another - it still has the same spots, but the angle your viewing it from might make you think its a completely different Leopard...

Just a thought.
edit on 7-1-2012 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Added quote

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No provocations from Iran???
So you want to ignore everything the leaders in Iran have been saying for the past 30+ years about wiping Israel off the map? You want to ignore that Iran is the #1 state sponsor of terrorists world-wide? You want to ignore the fact that Iran has been fighting a proxy war with the US on the ground in Iraq? You want to ignore their call for world-wide caliphate? You want to ignore their arming of Hamas and others to fight a proxy war against Israel? You want to ignore their threats to sink American ship in the Strait of Hormuz?

Over 30 years have they wiped Israel off the map? Who have they invaded in the last 200 years? Most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi Arabian were they not? Biggest sponsor of terrorists world wide!?
So you haven't heard of the United States of America have you? How many countries is the US fighting a proxy war in? Heard of Somalia? Pakistan? How many terrorist organizations has the US not only directly funded, but, trained as well? If the Americans use economic sanctions, why can't Iran do the same by closing the Strait of Hormuz? Please list ACTUAL provocations, not just Fox news headlines.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Under the Non-Proliferation treaty (which I might add Israel isn't a signatory to) Iran hasn't done anything wrong.

Iran is innocent of all wrong doing….Blah…Blah..Blah…

Iran can do no wrong in the mind of many.

It’s this type of blind devotion to despots that lead countries like Iran to their demise. Keep promoting their sick agenda and keep turning a blind eye to their actions. It won’t matter because they will be dealt with soon enough. People who support regimes like this are partly to blame for the innocent lives that will inevitably be lost. It's not America with the agenda here....its the leaders of IRAN. If they would stop their nonsense the US and Israel wouldn't be ready to act and there would be no sanctions.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Pls OBLITERATE Iran already, even if tens of millions will die.

Do i sound insane?

Well, lets imagine a nuclear Iran who will give friendly african nations (those that are killing eachother already in tens of thousands with machetes and AK's) nuclear tech.

Sudan, Chad, Nigeria, Ethiopia...to name only FEW crazy african countries who mastered the genocide.
Want then to nuke eachother? So be it.

But lets nuke Itan first.

So rather than teaching people how to use it responsibly and what could happen if they actually used a nuke, you want to preempt this by slaughtering millions of people. Is this a joke? Is this Yosemite Sam? I can almost hear it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join