It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offers nuclear technology to friendly African nations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

To whoever has got the cash Iranian nuclear bomb plans are from Pakistani origins religion is the key in the arab world any Jihad condones any means necessary to kill the infidels and by that the radical interpretation they live buy.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not sure but if Iran did develop nuclear weapons it would fundamentally alter the strategic balance of power in the Middle East, creating a security dilema, whereby there is the potential for other states to develop nuclear weapons (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc) to try and maintain their own security.

That is the crux of the issue, but it's really because Israel is the regional power (with obvious U.S support) so if Iran was to gain nuclear weapons then Israel's domination would be challenged.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Three hundred Americans? Where are you getting that figure from?

Yes...at least 300 Americans. 241 Americans died as a result of the Iranian bombing in 83' alone. 

Also the sanctions being imposed now are not because of something that happened almost 30 years ago. They are being imposed due to Iran allegedly trying to develop a nuclear weapon.

I don't care if it's been 300 years. We shouldn't do business with any country that killed hundreds of American citizens when we were not even at war with them. And we damn sure shouldn't allow these terrorists to get WMD. 

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No, I asked you where you got that figure from, not just to repeat it.

A total of 63 people were killed in the bombing: 32 Lebanese employees, 17 Americans, and 14 visitors and passersby

1983 United States Embassy Bombing
edit on 7/1/12 by Kram09 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We shouldn't do business with any country that killed hundreds of American citizens when we were not even at war with them.

If other nations took that same attitude towards the United States, then the U.S would be one lonely country.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And we damn sure shouldn't allow these terrorists to get WMD.

How do you feel about Israel having them though? No I'm not saying Israel are terrorists....

After all Israel hasn't signed the NPT and it is routinely threatening to launch military action against Iran.

Why is it that Iran should be dictated to by Israel and the United States when it comes to the issue of nuclear weapons?

You'll probably tell me that Israel isn't run by religious fanatics but that's debatable.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

March 16, 1983, Beirut, Lebanon. Five American Marines were wounded in a hand grenade attack while on patrol north of Beirut International Airport. The Islamic Jihad and Al-Amal, a Shi'ite militia, claimed responsibility for the attack.

April 18, 1983, Beirut, Lebanon. A truck-bomb detonated by a remote control exploded in front of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, killing 63 employees, including the CIA's Middle East director, and wounding 120. Hizballah, with financial backing from Iran, was responsible for the attack.

American Victims of Mideast Terror Attacks

Another link for you, and even with the grenade attack (which was wounded, not killed) it's not three hundred is it?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by seabag

No, I asked you where you got that figure from, not just to repeat it.

Do you know how to research history, bud? You do know that Marines are US citizens, right? The funniest part of this debate is that you’re arguing with A US MARINE about how many US MARINES died in Beirut.
I might have a little more insight on this subject!
Just saying

A truck bomb had targeted the barracks Oct. 23, 1983, killing 220 Marines, 18 sailors and three soldiers there as part of an international peacekeeping force during Lebanon's civil war.
Denver Post

edit on 7-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The more Iran gives the collective middle finger to the “great satan” the closer they come to their own demise.

History will record that Iran sealed its own fate...

And in the end, the west will go down the same route as rome. I love when hypocrites hold their noses up in the air.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It was exactly 25 years ago today that a bomber detonated 2,000 lbs. of explosives in front of the U.S. Embassy in Lebanon and killed more than 60 people, including 17 Americans. Forty-four people inside the embassy survived.

U.S Embassy Bombing 25 Years On

There seems to be disparity for the figures....

We're just getting pedantic if we argue over the figures.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Regardless the number (because 1 is enough for me), Iran is a provocateur and they brought this upon themselves. You are but a shill….Why? I don’t know.
edit on 7-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

And in the end, the west will go down the same route as rome. I love when hypocrites hold their noses up in the air.

Really? Where are you from?

Wishful thinking on your part!

Illuminatislave? That sums it up!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
I don't see the problem.
Put aside...

Reality?

As long as it can be ensured these nations will only pursue nuclear energy research and development

Which it cant...

what can go wrong?

Everything.

This is a benefit for everyone in the region

Nuclear waste, Possible Nuclear accidents etc etc etc

There are many places in africa which deserve to have a chance to live in the same world as much of modern society does.

Agreed, no arguement there...

I see this as a great humanitarian offer... although as we come back to reality. "All for one, and one for all"

By the power of Greyskull

Everything should be shared, and this is a good announcement coming from Iran for the greater good of humanity.

You would have to make sure these countries had the capabilities of protecting the environment from natural disasters being the highest priority.

Like agreeing to then rejecting said agreement with TNPT?

I'm sure there are other obvious downsides to this

That's putting it mildly.

edit on 7-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Great answer, I guess that's your only resort after putting your foot in your mouth, teabag.

Answer? You didn’t ask a question!

Oh, and now you resort to name calling?
What is your point, troll?

And if you ever bother to read a book, you'd understand what I'm saying about the west as it pertains to ancient Rome.

I understand the reference….and I said that was wishful thinking on your part. So what? Do you have some evidence to share that supports your opinion, or is this just your anti-American view?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It depends on whats shared.... Personally, looking at the bright side only, I think this could be a good thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by seabag

The more the USA warmongers want war, the more the USA is going to seal its fate. Remember the Roman Empire, no one thought it would be destroyed, but how strong is it now?

In my opinion your response belongs in the thread on "what is anti-American".
edit on 7-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Is this where Somolia and Ethiopia get involved in end time Prophecy?

Afraid to say when the A-C comes along he will have too much power and will control the world and no one will able to make war with him and his allies, but by that time hopefully he will be attacking a weakened UN because most of those people from those nations should be substituted to the Rapture.

Sorry to say but Most of the Bible prophecy suggests places like Iran will fall into God's judgement and they will blame HAARP for all the earthquakes and weather changes and of course the Jews.

We will see, but so far the Bible has been correct on locations for these troublesome countries.

edit on 7-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
I don't see the problem.
Put aside the hypocrisy which is spewed from the dragons mouth in the west for a moment.

As long as it can be ensured these nations will only pursue nuclear energy research and development, in a similar to way as Iran has done... what can go wrong? This is a benefit for everyone in the region, everyone should be entitled to electricity. There are many places in africa which deserve to have a chance to live in the same world as much of modern society does.

I see this as a great humanitarian offer... although as we come back to reality. "All for one, and one for all".

The nations that would be against any kind of sharing, are the same ones who put "filesharing" above murder, and introduce bills such as ACTA and SOPA.

Sharing is caring. Whether it be in the form of nuclear energy advancements or a file copied from a harddrive. Humanity is only where it is today because of sharing knowledge.

Everything should be shared, and this is a good announcement coming from Iran for the greater good of humanity. You would have to make sure these countries had the capabilities of protecting the environment from natural disasters being the highest priority.

I'm sure there are other obvious downsides to this, although my initial reaction sees this a good thing.

How come POTUS isn't pushing Iran to have solar panels and wind turbines???? Isn't that the new green energy ?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kram09

To whoever has got the cash Iranian nuclear bomb plans are from Pakistani origins religion is the key in the arab world any Jihad condones any means necessary to kill the infidels and by that the radical interpretation they live buy.

Punctuation please. The US started up the Iran Nuclear program...besides that I don't know what you are trying to say without punctuation. A billionaire should know that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join