It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Israel allow inspections of its nuclear capabilities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
America are always hassling country's for them to let the UN carry out inspections why are they allowing one of their allies to get away with out been inspected.i am starting to see Israel for what it is now.they are leading america through the path of doom.and sitting back and seeing what happens.that type 45 British destroyer should be on its way to wipe Israel out.not Iran

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Israel has not signed the NPT is the most probably cause. India has also not signed the NPT but I read local newspaper few days ago that UN inspectors still inspect our civilian nuclear stations.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

I believe the countries we want to inpsect are considered more of a rogue nation....I'm not concernced about inspecting Russia or China or even South Korea for that matter and I'm not even concerned around Venezuela if they don't already have their mitts on some Russian based weapons...but I'm concerned about Pakistan and Iran...As far as Israel disclosing I'm sure they don't want their informatin getting out as now targets of opportunity for Iran or any neighboring village that's looking to disrupt or destroy that particular site...I'm pretty confident we already know what they have...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
British destroyer should be on its way to wipe Israel out.not Iran

So the soverign nation of Israel, which has nuclear weapons but has refrained from using them even when openly attacked time and time again should be 'wiped out' but we all should leave Iran alone even after Iran has said it wants to destroy both Israel and the United States. yeah ... that makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here are the links supporting my points

India Signs Nuclear Inspection Accord With UN Investigators

IAEA approves extra nuclear inspection pact for India

India being a non-signatory to NPT let's UN inspectors inspect their sites.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
there really is no point to UN inspections...since for example Iraq complied in the end and even the UN officials said their inspections were over 90% effective in establishing their threat assessment.....yet we invaded them anyways.....so what's the point.....the UN is like a blind and lame guard dog....

unless we put them on the Official rouge nation list......lol......until they are like evil boogey men.....we won't care.....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So the soverign nation of Israel, which has nuclear weapons but has refrained from using them even when openly attacked time and time again should be 'wiped out' but we all should leave Iran alone even after Iran has said it wants to destroy both Israel and the United States. yeah ... that makes perfect sense.

Sweet innocent Israel...

"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets of our air force."

LINK

Then we have the "Samson Option", maybe you could elaborate what that's about. !

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Because when your selling weapons to whomever wants to buy them like Israel does the last thing they would want is the UN to have an accurate account of their nukes. Israeli offer to sell Apartheid South Africa nuclear weapons

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

What is the point in UN inspections? We know they have them. Why do inspections?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i once heard israel does not have nuclear weapons ... *cough

so if they claim not to have any its probably hard to find any, so they just want to save the UN time and money, which is really 'nice' in these expensive times.

now without being sarcastic, i could imagine that one just have to check what weapon systems had been exported by the US in order to know which nukes they have.

however asking for an inspection is just normal and not allowing it is suspiscious.
Not signing the nuclear treaty is suspicious too.. soo

noone really knows what keeps israel ticking, and seen this on a larger scale would normally put israel on the list of rogue nations, IF there won't be this thread with Iran.

so one can possibly conclude that all the hype about both this nation has a specific artificial component inside which is at some point 'managed' to keep it at the level it is.

as long as Iran can press the 'we destroy israel' campaign-button the iran administration is supported by its citizens, and as long as israel can press its 'we gonna get destroyed' campaign-button its supported by other nations.

imho this is some sort of stalemate.

And now IF there really comes a nuclear weapons inspection along, all branches of administration hop around in a fury, seeing this equilibrium endangered.
So this what i think why noone likes to see it happen

edit on 7-1-2012 by TMJ1972 because: typos

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Below is quoted info from Wikipedia. But you can search other sites as well which shows in my opinion more about Western propaganda with translation to say what they want the west to hear.

The devil is in the detail, wiping Israel off the map suggests a physical genocide assault, a literal population relocation or elimination akin to what the Nazis did.

According to numerous different translations, Ahmadinejad never used the word "map," instead his statement was in the context of time and applied to the Zionist regime occupying Jerusalem.

Ahmadinejad was expressing his future hope that the Zionist regime in Israel would fall, not that Iran was going to physically annex the country and its population.

To claim Ahmadinejad has issued a rallying cry to ethnically cleanse Israel is akin to saying that Churchill wanted to murder all Germans when he stated his desire to crush the Nazis. This is about the demise of a corrupt occupying power, not the deaths of millions of innocent people.

Wikipedia Info Below. Which gives other peoples views as well on what the translation says. It is in my view being translated to say what certain people want it to say.

The translation presented by the official Islamic Republic News Agency has been challenged by Arash Norouzi, who says the statement "wiped off the map" was never made and that Ahmadinejad did not refer to the nation or land mass of Israel, but to the "regime occupying Jerusalem".

Norouzi translated the original Persian to English, with the result, "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time." Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, agrees that Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).

According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian." Instead, "he did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So what's your point?

Russia, The UK, France, and China all have been attacked and have never used nukes. They allow the inspections why should Israel be exempt? The US reported back in 2003 that Iran gave up it's nuke weapons program. Iran can enrich it's uranium for power plants and not break the NPT which they signed btw.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Israel go on about Iran, but back in the 1970's they were trying to sell warheads to South Africa.

Israel want ot keep the upper hand in the region. If Iran had nukes then you get into the mutually assured destruction scenario.

South Africa Nuclear Weapons

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Then we have the "Samson Option", maybe you could elaborate what that's about. !

Except the Samson Option is a lie.

It has only been discussed as in the most broadest of senses, and never by someone "in the know". I challenge you to find me a quote from a politician, military man or otherwise that confirms your so called sampson option. The only people to discuss it are university professors when talking about military doctrine.

And the poster you were replying to was correct. Israel has been attacked time and time again, almost falling on one occation, and never once have they used a nuke. Iran, run by religious zealots who hold weekly prayer rallies chanting "Death to Israel, Death to USA!", somehow seem a greater threat to me.

After all, this is the government who condone the hanging of gays in the streets and then famously declare "There are no gays in Iran!". Yeah, these people frighten me.

edit on 7-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Because israel gets a free pass for all that they have been put through.
They get to play eternal victim, no wonder every culture since the dawn of time has looked to extinguish them.
If everyone is calling it a duck, it must be a duck is all I'm saying.
But soon this thread will disappear llike the rest.
Watch, you'll see.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Perhaps the question you should ask yourself is: "Why is the international community so concerned about nuclear weapons in the hands of Iran and Pakistan, but are relatively unconcerned by Israel, India and even North Korea?" The answer is that Israel, India and, yes, even the PRK are extremely stable countries with a functional relationship between the civilian government and the military. It is clear who is in control in these countries, and it is unlikely that a rogue commander could launch an unsanctioned attack. No-one, including the entire Muslim world,can say that about Iran. The IRG has never shown deference to either of the other wings of government, and it is not clear if their internal command and control is adequate for the responsibility of nuclear weapons. At least in Korea, everyone knows who is in charge.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by TBR47

Because israel gets a free pass for all that they have been put through.
They get to play eternal victim, no wonder every culture since the dawn of time has looked to extinguish them.
If everyone is calling it a duck, it must be a duck is all I'm saying.

Wow.

Just........wow. You have actually just justified genocide against Jews. Go back to Stormfront you sick f*&k.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

It is very simple. They are NOT signed to the NPT.

Or were you looking for a more dramatic and more anti-Israel answer?

No worries, there will be plenty of those.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

All of that and no truths were harmed in the making of that post!
I'm just saying, is all.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

No no no, it is very simple really.

Israel has no nuclear weapons

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join